Login

Nebula Resetting to INIT in Reaper 5 64 Mac

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula Resetting to INIT in Reaper 5 64 Mac

Postby markgalup » Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi all,

My VST Neb3 Reverb Neb Setups instances are resetting to INIT when I open and close Reaper - this would render all of the work I've been putting in useless... When I toggle the FX offline and online again they come back but only then.

EDIT: This is also happening with NYRV Agent containing Nebula instances. Also, it is not happening on every instance of Nebula - it's fairly random and when it happens it loads Nebula instantly, without obvious delay for loading the library. This is a make or break issue for Reaper and Nebula users, I am hoping I am missing something obvious...

Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance, kind Nebulites.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Re: Nebula Resetting to INIT in Reaper 5 64 Mac

Postby Mplay » Mon May 23, 2016 2:11 am

I'm not sure this is the answer, but nebula uses magic numbers for identification ( it's in the xml file). Sometimes I had made instances in setups with duplicate magic numbers which gave me similar issues. Might be worth checking out!
Mplay

Postby markgalup » Mon May 23, 2016 4:08 am

Thanks, Mplay. I will check into all my 100ish setups (ugh) and make sure, though I have been careful not to duplicate Magic IDs.
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Postby markgalup » Mon May 23, 2016 7:39 am

Well... much to my chagrin, I had a handful of duplicate Magic IDs in Nebula Setups. I have resolved that now, but Reaper is still not saving my Nebula settings, and is also not cleanly clearing cache and rescanning plugins. Not impressed, and heading back to PT12.4 until I can find out why this might be happening.

MG
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Postby zabukowski » Mon May 23, 2016 10:02 am

Just for information - for Reaper, MAGIC is not required, so MAGIC duplicates are not the cause for your problem.

Is Nebula properly authorized ? Does this problem exists from the start? What about other hosts, are they working ? I guess you've already re-create all your setups?

Setups share most of the things, regardless of format (VST, AAX). So if PT works, i suggest you to look into Reaper - you mentioned "Reeaper not cleanly clearing cache and rescanning plugins" - this is definitively not normal. I would also compare AAX xml and VST xml files of the same setup. They should be the same.

Hope it helps.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Mon May 23, 2016 5:34 pm

zabukowski wrote:Just for information - for Reaper, MAGIC is not required, so MAGIC duplicates are not the cause for your problem.

Is Nebula properly authorized ? Does this problem exists from the start? What about other hosts, are they working ? I guess you've already re-create all your setups?

Setups share most of the things, regardless of format (VST, AAX). So if PT works, i suggest you to look into Reaper - you mentioned "Reeaper not cleanly clearing cache and rescanning plugins" - this is definitively not normal. I would also compare AAX xml and VST xml files of the same setup. They should be the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks so much Zabukowski. I will look into this all. I can tell you I never use AAX in PT - always VST - so I'm thinking I would have found an issue with my VST xml file if there was one.

I think to properly troubleshoot I might have to remove all plugins and add one at a time and clear cache and scan. Question: might it be a good idea to restore Reaper to default and try again? Could the alternative datapaths without "/" before Volumes potentially have corrupted it's "memory"?

MG
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Postby zabukowski » Mon May 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Yes, try to reset Reaper preferences and its plugin cache and see what happens, when you add one at a time.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Mon May 23, 2016 7:30 pm

My apologies for asking if this is obvious, but I can not find a clear answer on the internet on how to reset Reaper to its default state. If anyone could offer insights I would greatly appreciate it.

MG
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Postby Support » Tue May 24, 2016 2:22 pm

markgalup wrote:My apologies for asking if this is obvious, but I can not find a clear answer on the internet on how to reset Reaper to its default state. If anyone could offer insights I would greatly appreciate it.

MG

Options > show REAPER resources...
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Sat May 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Update: I tried trashing prefs in Reaper to no avail. Finally, I tried creating one nebula setup in the standard datapath and everything worked fantastically. When I started the test session in Reaper with one Nebula instance, it even showed me that it was loading the effect in the status message, whereas before it opened super quick as if there was no plugin to load at all.

So after all of my troubleshooting, I concur that the ALTERNATIVE DATAPATH tag in latest Reaper 5 64 for mac is not working on OS X 10.10.5. Bummer but I am so excited to see what I can gain from working with Reaper.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Best,
MG
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Next

Return to Working with Nebula