Login

Audio Spikes then Mutes with Bluecat Patchwork and PT11

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Audio Spikes then Mutes with Bluecat Patchwork and PT11

Postby markgalup » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Posting this again hoping that someone from AA will respond.

When I load up a Bluecat Patchwork with approximately 3 instances of consoles (to A/B them), and I copy (SHIFT+ drag) the plugin to new tracks, it very often causes the meter to spike to like 170dB peaks (what the meters read) and stay full. Then the audio is muted for about 10 seconds, and then slowly the meters go down and once they are all the way down, audio starts to pass again. This happens mainly when I am not playing audio (while transport is stopped.)

I am on a 2010 Mac Pro dual 6-core 3.33ghz Xeons, 16gb ram, OSX 10.9.5, Pro Tools 11 non-HD, and I am running full resolution Nebula Reverb instances (created by Nebula Setups).

Enrique please advise and thanks for your time!

Best,
Mark Galup
www.ReelRecording.com
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Re: Audio Spikes then Mutes with Bluecat Patchwork and PT11

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:46 am

have you tried Nyrv agent ?
just to check if its bluecat its causing it or not ?

i dont use pro tools but nyrv agent have worked very well in logic , reaper osx and reaper windows

it worked better than bluecat did for me

its maybe worth a try

they use the reaper approach so its a nag screen now and then only, so you can try as long as you like before buy if it works well for you

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Nesto » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Honestly trying to get any serious work done in pro tools 11 using nebula or aquas is futile. I like to jump in and get a groove going but with all the audio spikes and hiccups, I spend more time waiting for nebula to stop being a brat and act right. Im grateful my co producer uses Logic X to score music which allows me to get work done using AA plugins but at the expense of being comfortable. Pro tools is familiar to me like driving a Ford, Logic is a right hand drive, stick shift, electric eco friendly car with 3 wheels....it works but id prefer not to...

I pray for the day I can work seamlessly again in pro tools. As right now I track and edit with pro tools and mix in Logic which is pain.
Nesto
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:34 am

i have mixed in most common DAW`s like pro tools , studio one, Logic X, Cubase

Logic x was my personal favorite mostly because i was most used to it, but i had no trouble mixing in either of the others

but recently i moved to Reaper and don't regret it for a second
best marriage to Acquas and Nebula you will ever find

Reaper require some more time getting used to,
but its actually because its so incredible customizable that makes it a little harder getting into than usual, but darn it is worth it :)

Reaper is a serious tool and the bonus , its cheap hehe
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks for all of your input! I am strongly considering moving to Reaper, but honestly PT11 isn't that bad at the moment. I am somewhat new to Nebula, so it may get worse as I use it more and more.

I will try NYRV agent also. My main reluctance switching to Reaper is losing some of my mixing track/buss/fx templates, but if I can mix with more nebula/acqua and less trouble, I think I'll have to make it happen.

Best,
MG
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Postby Support » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:25 am

Moved to correct section.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:33 am

markgalup wrote:Posting this again hoping that someone from AA will respond.

When I load up a Bluecat Patchwork with approximately 3 instances of consoles (to A/B them), and I copy (SHIFT+ drag) the plugin to new tracks, it very often causes the meter to spike to like 170dB peaks (what the meters read) and stay full. Then the audio is muted for about 10 seconds, and then slowly the meters go down and once they are all the way down, audio starts to pass again. This happens mainly when I am not playing audio (while transport is stopped.)

I am on a 2010 Mac Pro dual 6-core 3.33ghz Xeons, 16gb ram, OSX 10.9.5, Pro Tools 11 non-HD, and I am running full resolution Nebula Reverb instances (created by Nebula Setups).

Enrique please advise and thanks for your time!

Best,
Mark Galup
http://www.ReelRecording.com

Hello Mark.

We are preparing a technical document about this topic in order our customers can understand clearly the real issue, including possible solutions, workarounds, and etc.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks, Enrique! Will patiently await that document.

MG
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Postby markgalup » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:10 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:have you tried Nyrv agent ?
just to check if its bluecat its causing it or not ?

i dont use pro tools but nyrv agent have worked very well in logic , reaper osx and reaper windows

it worked better than bluecat did for me

its maybe worth a try

they use the reaper approach so its a nag screen now and then only, so you can try as long as you like before buy if it works well for you

Cheers

Hey jfjer,

I tried NYRV Agent yesterday and thought it was definitely an improvement, so I bought it this morning - still haven't received a license yet...

BIG ISSUE: I opened up my mastering session this morning with the NYRV Agents I used yesterday and it reset all of my Nebula instances to INIT!!! I CAN NOT believe this. Have you any of you experienced anything like this and do you have any solutions??

MG
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Postby markgalup » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:50 pm

UPDATE ON THIS: I just diagnosed this enormous bug. ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE READ THIS: When I started my computer from being shutdown and opened the session with NYRV Agents in it, all of my Nebula instances went to INIT, however they were all the same versions of Nebula created from Nebula Setups, so the plugins weren't actually lost. THE SOLUTION: I imported the session from my backup drive, and opened it (which would NOT be the FIRST time NYRV Agent was open since starting the computer) and the Agents opened up with all of my plugins as I left them. SO... it appears that the first startup of NYRV Agent after turning on a computer loses all of your critical information and plugin settings... I am on Mac OS X 10.9.5, Mac Pro 2010 dual-core 3.33ghz Xeon with 16gb of RAM, running Pro Tools 11.3.1 in 64-bit architecture.
Mark Galup
ReelRecording.com

markgalup

Next

Return to Working with Nebula