Login

Nebula server ; how to change folders and programs name

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula server ; how to change folders and programs name

Postby glesne » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:13 pm

Hello everybody !

Is there a way to change the folders and program names inside Nebula ? I searched on internet, found an old thread from 2013 on Gearslutz but no answers so far.

Can Nebula Setup 2 handle this procedure ? I already created some separate plugins for my libraries, but I'd like to edit the file name INSIDE Nebula to make it a tad more understandable. Any Tip of the month I should read ? :)

Thanks for your help :)
Sound & graphic design

Reaper 5.28 / Imac late 2013 / osx 10.9.5 / Intel core I7 3.1ghz / 16Go ram / SSD250Go / Navy, White, Ochre, Pink compressors, Tan, Neb3 & NebSetup
glesne
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Nebula server ; how to change folders and programs name

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:08 am

programs name i can already change so they show up as much more organized in nebula :)
learned it from davidgary73 :)

program name changing had no negative impact on nebula setups for me

ill give you a link, first its me explaining alternative data paths for osx but just scroll down first post on the site until you see davidgary73`s post :)

:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... st11590688

i cant create folders though but i really hope that can be done too
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby glesne » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Ok I'm going to read it after the lunch, thanks for your help :D
Sound & graphic design

Reaper 5.28 / Imac late 2013 / osx 10.9.5 / Intel core I7 3.1ghz / 16Go ram / SSD250Go / Navy, White, Ochre, Pink compressors, Tan, Neb3 & NebSetup
glesne
User Level X
User Level X

Postby glesne » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:37 pm

This Tutorial is very clear, it works like a charm ! The folders are much more organized now :). davidgary73, Jfjer, thx !

If someone knows a way of changing the individual program names, it could help all the Nebula users.

For now I print the manuals to centralize all the informations regarding each libraries, because sometimes the names are very... abstract :mrgreen: .
Sound & graphic design

glesne
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:21 am

you can change the program names in the rom file in the nebula respiratory

wasn't it what you did ?

i can call my MMeQ within nebula to show up as M****y Massive passive eq if i want to show up in the library list within nebula
and the same with any nebula lib within nebula itself
i can call them all what i like
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby davidgary73 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 am

glesne wrote:This Tutorial is very clear, it works like a charm ! The folders are much more organized now :). davidgary73, Jfjer, thx !

Most welcome mate. I like my Neb libs organized :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby theheliosequence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:57 am

Does anyone know if you can edit the actual cat/tags and folder hierarchy for an individual Nebula program? I've done all the organizing I can by editing the Dictionary ROM and although it's pretty good, after putting all of the Henry Olonga stuff in I have a few overlapping categories/tags.

For example HO uses SYN for a Synth folder/category but then also uses SYN for the Syncron Microphone. HO uses NV for both an RND 5033 EQ and a N**e 8816 summing bus. HO uses STP for the category Strip, while TimP uses it for Stone Phase...

You get the idea.

It would be nice to have a little more control over the programs to eliminate any duplicate catergory/tags and it would also be amazing to make changes in the folder structure like being able to take Cupwise Flucti-Mu out of the COM (compressor) folder.

If anyone has any idea how to do this I would really appreciate more info!
Thanks
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
Nebula 3 Server, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple Bundle, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Support » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:48 am

theheliosequence wrote:Does anyone know if you can edit the actual cat/tags and folder hierarchy for an individual Nebula program? I've done all the organizing I can by editing the Dictionary ROM and although it's pretty good, after putting all of the Henry Olonga stuff in I have a few overlapping categories/tags.

For example HO uses SYN for a Synth folder/category but then also uses SYN for the Syncron Microphone. HO uses NV for both an RND 5033 EQ and a N**e 8816 summing bus. HO uses STP for the category Strip, while TimP uses it for Stone Phase...

You get the idea.

It would be nice to have a little more control over the programs to eliminate any duplicate catergory/tags and it would also be amazing to make changes in the folder structure like being able to take Cupwise Flucti-Mu out of the COM (compressor) folder.

If anyone has any idea how to do this I would really appreciate more info!
Thanks

You can edit Nebula categories, "CAT1", "CAT2", and "CAT3" in NAT.

NAT is 32 bits Windows only application. Alternatively you can use Nebula Setups in OSX and Windows, http://zabukowski.com/software/?page_id=337.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby mixmonkey » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:22 pm

How can you edit the the categories in Nebula SetUps?
mixmonkey
User Level III
User Level III

Postby glesne » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Glad to see that my thread is triggering attention on this workflow "issue". I'd like to know too how to change the cat 1-2-3 in Nebula setup. It's not explained in the manual.

On the other hand NAT seems to be quite a complex software, I don't want to mess up everything.

For now we are able to change libraries name, but not individual program names within the libraries. To have comprehensive, cohesive names all across our libraries would be awesome.

A little stand alone utilitarian application to create custom hierarchy in Nebula in the future would be neat. :idea:
Sound & graphic design

glesne
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to Working with Nebula