Login

Nebula and Pro Tools 12

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula and Pro Tools 12

Postby Jens B » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:36 pm

I have this exact same problem with Purple M5 in 48 kHz. Actually just reported a ticket about it the other day. 44.1 kHz seems to be working though.
Jens B
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby eaccin » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:57 pm

I was having serious issues with PT and Nebula on Yosemite, Nebula Setups was even worse. The last couple of months it was a nightmare, sessions wouldn't open, really bad. That was until last week when I installed El Capitan from zero and now everything is running fine. Lots of people are still having issues with PT12 so I think it varies from system to system.
eaccin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Jens B » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm on OS X El Capitan 10.11.4... not sure if it worked as expected on Yosemite.
Jens B
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby markgalup » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:55 pm

FWIW, due to all of these types of issues, I almost immediately abandoned AAX, and I strictly use Bluecat's Patchwork for all Nebula and Acqua work (which is 99.9% of my work). Highly recommend trying this and getting used to it. I also try to make changes only when PT is not playing or saving.

PT 12.4 on Mac OSX 10.10.5

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby Xmission » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:02 pm

I am also having these problems.

Do you also get locks when you copy of move nebuals from slot to slot, or track to track?

I made it allot worse yesterday,and there's a new topic up about it. Hopefully someone's been through the same mess.
Xmission
User Level I
User Level I

Postby eaccin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 am

Xmission wrote:I am also having these problems.

Do you also get locks when you copy of move nebuals from slot to slot, or track to track?

I made it allot worse yesterday,and there's a new topic up about it. Hopefully someone's been through the same mess.

Which OS?

My issues were solved when I upgraded to El Capitan. Maybe Mavericks should be even better I don't know. But yes, copying/moving Nebula to other tracks sometimes are still a issue. What I have learned is that it's better not to make fast moves when moving Nebula around. I always make an insert inactive if I have to move it to another channel, sometimes the whole channel. I also keep the system usage showing all the time so I know which plugins cause spike and wait until CPU goes back to normal after copying something.

Well, depending on your issues you should open a ticket, I was given another AAX version than the one showing in my dashboard.
eaccin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby markgalup » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:24 am

eaccin wrote:My issues were solved when I upgraded to El Capitan. Maybe Mavericks should be even better I don't know. But yes, copying/moving Nebula to other tracks sometimes are still a issue. What I have learned is that it's better not to make fast moves when moving Nebula around. I always make an insert inactive if I have to move it to another channel, sometimes the whole channel. I also keep the system usage showing all the time so I know which plugins cause spike and wait until CPU goes back to normal after copying something.

Well, depending on your issues you should open a ticket, I was given another AAX version than the one showing in my dashboard.

Completely agreed - I am very slow and particular with instantiating new plugins. I also never use AAX whatsoever. I only use VSTs in Bluecat's Patchwork and that improved stability hugely.

I am using Yosemite 10.10.5, but based on eaccin's comments, I may try El Capitan.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby eaccin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Cool! I actually use BC patchwork with some other plugs but not with Nebula because I had all my Nebula Setups already inserted and didn't want to lose that but I'll definitely give it a try, thanks!
eaccin
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Xmission » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 pm

eaccin wrote:
Xmission wrote:
Which OS?

Win7

I do have a ticket open.

I did get sent a new set of AAX and xml files. I don't think they have made a difference, but I can't tell for sure until I can open Nebula instead of a nebula setup (details are in my other thread)

I've got agent, and am trying it out. The VSTs do seem more stable, and I think are performing better. Time will tell.

In the mean time, I've got projects that i cannot open until some of the AAX stuff gets sorted out, without remixing almost from scratch, as I've jumped into nebula with both feet, and my almost complete mixes are loaded with nebulas.
Xmission
User Level I
User Level I

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula