So I finally got Nebula server working over LAN (all by myself!!!---took my whole Sunday but worth it!). Anyway I have a couple questions now that I've had a chance to toy with it it a bit.
1. Is there anyway to change the basic Server client skin when using a remote? The skin the comes up for me has no sliders or anyway to change the settings except for in the main page using the actual numbers which is not fun and quite frustrating actually. I tried changing the skin in both the Nebula Reverb.xml and the Nebula Server.xml on the remote computer but couldn't seem to get anything but that default skin which will soon drive me crazy.
2. I'm surprised how much processor power a single Nebula Server instance takes up on my main computer. On ableton and cubase my processor jumps up 15% for one instance. Is that not high? My dsp settings are pretty high as well. Is there another setting that can bring this down a bit? As it is it almost negates the benefit of having a second computer handling the processing.
3. Can someone who is using this succesfully give me a run down of how they are using it in their workflow etc. i can see myself maybe using it to handle some of those VXNT plate verbs as sends and maybe some compressors but not sure I would see much benefit in running eqs off it just because the latency im getting is pretty high. My 2nd computer is pretty old (Q6600 running at 3.5ghz) so maybe I just need to invest in something newer and faster but I wanna make sure it fits my workflow before I actually put money in to this system.
4. So what IS a 4x more powerful computer right now? something running an i7 4790k?
1. Basically not 2. It depends on latency 3. Yes, many ones. An interesting configuration is cuda for reverbs 4. You need fast lan cards. And a faster cpu more than a multi-core based on slow processors