Efficient DAW to work with Acqua and Nebula

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Efficient DAW to work with Acqua and Nebula

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:28 pm

And i just watched the news and yes, we just don't win anymore,
we don't win with Steinberg, we don't win with Acustica,
Slate is beating us everywhere, Presounus is killing us with
the deal but...we will win and keep winning we will win so
much and we will win and we might even get bored winning.

Make Music Great Again!!!

There you go, i said it!
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Ok, Freeze Track...its just Freeze Track...what else do you want?
Isn't freeze exactly that that you can not edited? Then it goes on

when i read stuff like this bassari i do wonder if you actually have read the other posts at all

in -reaper you can still edit a track after you have frezed it
and this freezing is just as good as rendering to me, and i usually render it in the end when im really happy with my chain

i did also say this frezze funktion is a blessing for those that dont have a really powerful Cpu ,it gives you a much bigger headrom to work with if your cpu is a little limited
but with a powerful cpu it gives you a incredible big headrom to work with

i agree abouth the -cpu reading, i actually dont understand it but im still able to run more instances in -reaper compared to Logic and at lower buffer sizes too, and to be honest i dont think studio one has more power than logic, its actually known for not being very optimized with the acquas, maybe it got better with the latest release though :)

and the frezing in Reaper is so fast its redicoulus
in logic it takes ages even rendering

Reaper have some strengts im not Seeing in other DAW`s when it comes to Acuas and nebula , must admit samplutude still looks promesing though, but its windows only at this point, so a no go for those on a mac
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:03 pm

The reason i said it is i do not see any problems with Freeze
in Cubase, it works as i would expect Freeze to work.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:17 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:must admit samplutude still looks promesing though, but its windows only at this point, so a no go for those on a mac

And it never will. They announced porting to mac 2-3 years ago, then abandonned it... So we can assume it won't happen.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Make Music Great Again!!!

8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:The reason i said it is i do not see any problems with Freeze
in Cubase, it works as i would expect Freeze to work.

ok my bad then , sorry , im all about peace :)
so cubase it just as powerful and fast in doing it in bouth frezze and rendering a reaper as well, well the gap seem to get smaller, thats only good thing i think
but it depends what you think freeze should be like, i thought logic was ok til i tried Reaper now i think logic is horrible hehe in freze and redering, the rendering is so slow, and the freze so basic
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Personally I test our software mostly in cubase, wavelab and reaper for the alpha release. It happens because I use mostly windows for programming. On mac osx I use mostly reaper.

So they are very efficient on both platforms, especially reaper. Anyway since there are soooooo many issues in studio one I'm going to add it to my personal list of daw for testing.

From what I can see when reaper works, also other daws work. I see reaper very efficient, though, especially on multithreading. Recently I'm testing also protools
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby NoNameComesInMind » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:37 pm

giancarlo wrote:Personally I test our software mostly in cubase, wavelab and reaper for the alpha release. It happens because I use mostly windows for programming. On mac osx I use mostly reaper.

So they are very efficient on both platforms, especially reaper. Anyway since there are soooooo many issues in studio one I'm going to add it to my personal list of daw for testing.

From what I can see when reaper works, also other daws work. I see reaper very efficient, though, especially on multithreading. Recently I'm testing also protools

if i may ask G, what is your involvement with Studio One 3,
got me really interested, have you guys made some integrated plugins?
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.
NoNameComesInMind

Postby mixmonkey » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Giancarlo, does Nebula/Acqua perform better on Windows than OS X?
mixmonkey
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:16 pm

well they share 99% of the code, but I would say yes, faster on windows. We handle multithreading better on windows than mac osx, and intel performance libraries are slighly better optimized on windows than on mac osx (maybe on mac osx we should use their compiler, I didn't investigate enough). Anyway on fast new mac computers it is quite fast. Assembler code is running at the same speed. Plug-in loading is slighly faster on mac osx.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula