Login

DAWs sound different ?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: DAWs sound different ?

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:59 pm

DeNto wrote:
dpclarkson wrote:Oh no!! Can this topic move to a different location,
GS for instance? :shock: :?

And I also think that it makes no sense to discuss it here.
As already mentioned, strongly different experiences come together here.
What I mean is the following.
If you ask some people if there is a difference between Navy and the FG73 on lets say gearslutz the thread history will be absolutely the same because strongly different experiences come together.
One will say this one is better, the other will say NO the other one is better. And a third one will say no you are all wrong they are the same and then again an other will say bla bla bla i don´t even care...
The most opinions will not be based on own experiences.
So Guys get your own opinion and check it yourself.

Best regards

I disagree. Of course this is not a general audio forum here, it is an Acustica one, but we share experiences among Acustica users, regarding the host for our plugz. It makes sense. If you don't like it, don't read it. I agree it could be in "General forum / Other things". I agree with Stedal and you regarding one matter, though : it must not be a fight, an ego battle, but a sharing of experiences, as a forum must be. I started this on the Amethyst forum, commenting JFJer who wants to change DAW, simple as that. So let me say it again : I do better mixes on Samplitude. Does it "sound better" ? Think so, but don't see this as the main point. I, personnaly, do better mixes with it. That's my own experience. Is it the audio engine, the workflow, the efficiency, a little bit of this or that, the fun I'm having with it, all of this together, I don't know. What I do know, is that the sound is precise and accurate, and therefore serves very well the mojo and vibe Nebula is bringing to the table. That was my main statement : these two compliment very well each other. Hence the relvance in this forum.

Now, to answer the practical questions : yes, it works really well on bootcamp, and I don't know how it compares to Reaper regarding efficiency. And as this must not be a Samnplitude-only forum, the community is very helpful on their own forum.

Happy mixing to everyone, and brothers and sisters let's just share !
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:11 pm

What, makes no sence to discuss it ?

That weakens the theory even more if you ask me

Do you Samplitude guys find the Acuas and Nebula to sound better on samplitude as well, to me thats very intresting and the most important, and is this tools just as optimized in samplitude as in Reaper ?
And do samplitude hav the incredible freeze function Reaper has ?

I dont think any other people are more qualified to answer these questions than in AA forum as these are the most experienced users, its only acustica tools that intrest me in mixing these days

And not everyone has the possibility to test samplitude right now so please answer some of my aqua and nebula questions Samplitude vs Reaper good folks :)

I would appreciate it if you guys that have tried bouth could do that :) :D :mrgreen:

I want the most out of my Acquas and Nebula :D

Thanks
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:14 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:What, makes no sence to discuss it ?

Do you Samplitude guys find the Acuas and Nebula to sound better on samplitude as well, to me thats very intresting, and is this tools just as optimized in samplitude as in Reaper ?

I dont think any other people are more qualified to answer these questions than in AA forum as these are the most experienced users, its only acustica tools that intrest me in mixing these days

And not everyone has the possibility to test samplitude right now so please answer some of my aqua and nebula questions Samplitude vs Reaper good folks :)

I would appreciate it if you guys that have tried bouth could do that :) :D :mrgreen:

Thanks

I can't say, I don't use Reaper. I tried it years ago. I can answer regarding Protools and Samplitude, but that's it.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:20 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:What, makes no sence to discuss it ?

Do you Samplitude guys find the Acuas and Nebula to sound better on samplitude as well, to me thats very intresting and the most important, and is this tools just as optimized in samplitude as in Reaper ?

Thanks

You could actually ask Enrique, he uses Samplitude.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Well i havent noticed any big difference in sound between using acquas in logic, pro tools, studio one or reaper, so aquas in samplitude sondvice against any of these DAWS will do :D

i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:33 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:Well i havent noticed any big difference in sound between using acquas in logic, pro tools, studio one or reaper, so aquas in samplitude sondvice against any of these DAWS will do :D

I honestly don't know if the simple opening of an Acqua Plugin in Samplitude sounds better than in PT. I doubt it. I know I can open more instances in Samplitude, and the cpu overloads, when they happen, are better handled. But I do open some acquas using Patchwork to load the VST, so I don't know how this can be compared to only AAX format, when they all will be released.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby DeNto » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
DeNto wrote:
dpclarkson wrote:Oh no!! Can this topic move to a different location,
GS for instance? :shock: :?

And I also think that it makes no sense to discuss it here.
As already mentioned, strongly different experiences come together here.
What I mean is the following.
If you ask some people if there is a difference between Navy and the FG73 on lets say gearslutz the thread history will be absolutely the same because strongly different experiences come together.
One will say this one is better, the other will say NO the other one is better. And a third one will say no you are all wrong they are the same and then again an other will say bla bla bla i don´t even care...
The most opinions will not be based on own experiences.
So Guys get your own opinion and check it yourself.

Best regards

I disagree. Of course this is not a general audio forum here, it is an Acustica one, but we share experiences among Acustica users, regarding the host for our plugz. It makes sense. If you don't like it, don't read it. I agree it could be in "General forum / Other things". I agree with Stedal and you regarding one matter, though : it must not be a fight, an ego battle, but a sharing of experiences, as a forum must be. I started this on the Amethyst forum, commenting JFJer who wants to change DAW, simple as that. So let me say it again : I do better mixes on Samplitude. Does it "sound better" ? Think so, but don't see this as the main point. I, personnaly, do better mixes with it. That's my own experience. Is it the audio engine, the workflow, the efficiency, a little bit of this or that, the fun I'm having with it, all of this together, I don't know. What I do know, is that the sound is precise and accurate, and therefore serves very well the mojo and vibe Nebula is bringing to the table. That was my main statement : these two compliment very well each other. Hence the relvance in this forum.

Now, to answer the practical questions : yes, it works really well on bootcamp, and I don't know how it compares to Reaper regarding efficiency. And as this must not be a Samnplitude-only forum, the community is very helpful on their own forum.

Happy mixing to everyone, and brothers and sisters let's just share !

Have no problem to share my experiences but i have no time to fight with big egos. And we have already shared information in the amethyst thread.
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a
DeNto
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby DeNto » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:00 pm

I can only compare samplitude with ableton lite and FL studio
so i´m out
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a
DeNto
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Thanks, thats was the reason i moved to Reaper more optimized ( more instanses) and the freeze function works so fast and good you actually get a little addicted especially if you are not on a very powerful computer

I actually Miss Reaper when im in Logic now so im Ready to move completely to reaper

If actually find something to sound better in samplitude im gonna eat my sceptic words and be honest about it hehe

Peace
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:11 pm

Good luck in your quest...
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula