Login

N4

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: N4

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:57 pm

<G> ... I know we have MIDI for N-3. But it is incomplete.

1. We must be able to assign each NEBULA instance to a discreet MIDI CHANNEL. As you know, with only the current OMNI mode, every NEBULA in the chain is responding to a MIDI command. This makes it ridiculous with several bands of EQ's.

2. The 8 [CC] controllers cover the adjust sliders/knobs ... but we have no:

a. SOFT BYPASS - the one on Nebula that DOES maintain latency. [very important].

b. Access to the main INPUT/OUTPUT sliders.

These 3 areas are fundamentals.

Obviously ... none of us yet know N-4 but for some pictures ... but the concept of a RACK indicates the current MIDI even less effective.

We shouldn't have to explain the importance of fundamental MIDI protocol in todays environment. It's been in use since the early '80s.

There is a Professional market out there. You said you're personally not interested ... but I respectfully ask that you take some time to get out and look at the other products. Most of them already have Hi-Rez MIDI [14-bit] fully implemented.

Please.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:06 am

I also do not understand how Complex MIDI can be by request,
i still go back to the analogy of the car and wheels, Complex
MIDI is a must...not if someone requests it, i can not drive
a car without wheels, it does make perfect sense.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:34 am

Yes and not. Most of complexity in midi for actual plugins is about sample synchronization which is not easy to achieve. We have it.
About
- Soft bypass: it happens when implemented in acqua. It is possible starting from latest release and only when implemented. We decided to automate only parameters by design. And to implement midi only for automated parameters
It could be changed in the future but it needs rethinking, and rethinking means new bugs. We are modifying already lot of code cause nebula 4, this is not the right moment
- about omni: a lot of effects react to omni. Things are different for synthesizers. Anyway most of sequencer allows to send midi to a single instance, it could explain the low number of requests
- It is true that in acqua there could be a new issue, since they are many parameters. But again we received few requests: I explain it easily, most of control today is achieved using parameters, while midi is not used any more (chainers, sequencers). A possible reason, maybe, is about precision which is pretty low. Several hardwares controls are limited also on parameters (protools avid), but it is just about a small amount of devices
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:40 am

Anyway I told you, we'll evaluate requests, as usually.
We need to plan things several months before.
We have no secrets, Enrique could confirm we received really few requests about midi, and many more about other topics. For the whole picture you should take in account the number of formats, of platforms, and hosts. Today midi in fx plugins is used lesser and lesser
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 am

Last but not least: it is a matter of costs and time spent in each development

Two examples
- Midi: but most of users are using parameters, not midi. Little impact
- Nat64 bits: few developers, really few ones are not using command lines. Huge development, little impact

I could say we received 10 requests for first one, 2 for second one. At the same time we received over 5000 about authorization and library installation and re-installation. Even the preset browsing is an hot topic. This should give an idea about our priority order

In our company there are no secrets! Enrique collects requests and bugs, than he speaks with me and he says: we need a better preset browser!
For everything you want to see implemented
1) you should convince him
2) if the implementation doesn't require coding from me it is a "yes" to be decided
3) if I need to do it than it is a bit more complex but... I'm doing it

VERY IMPORTANT: Enrique has a really BIG todo list of things to implement. You could make a request and check if the request is at least planned/decided, and a possible timeframe. Sometimes he asks for a feature and he discovers it was already planned because necessary for a release. He can answer about the complexity. Sometimes a development is big for me and small for you. For us the real enemy is the backward compatibility
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:19 am

Ok, I'll ask again because there seems to be a little confusion about this.

Will there be an upgrade plan from nebula 3 ultimate to N4 ? :)

Thanks
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:51 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:Ok, I'll ask again because there seems to be a little confusion about this.

Will there be an upgrade plan from nebula 3 ultimate to N4 ? :)

Thanks

And will the meters finally be reliable ?

Thanks.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:06 am

The idea is to support an other meter system on the top
Anyway this is about the future. When we'll have it we'll announce it.

On next days we'll describe the product as it will be released. We are doing simple things but they are evolving
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:19 am

Man, go sleep already...or you just woke up?
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:26 am

Ah, working very early in the morning
There are so many things to do!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula