Login

N4

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: N4

Postby glesne » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:31 pm

I think it's not a priority, and personally I like the 3D skins of Nebula/acqua. Flat design has become THE gimmicky thing. It's everywhere, and by definition, it has no character. It's oversimplification most of the time.

There are other critical things to work on, that is my opinion! For example a better and customisable way of organising libraries inside Nebula.
Sound & graphic design

Reaper 5.28 / Imac late 2013 / osx 10.9.5 / Intel core I7 3.1ghz / 16Go ram / SSD250Go / Navy, White, Ochre, Pink compressors, Tan, Neb3 & NebSetup
glesne
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SoundForSoul » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:54 pm

greekpeet wrote:Okay.

Let's talk about the GUI.

I'm going to be super harsh, but so honest.

PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF FAKE KNOBS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN!

They will be (and all the other 'gear centric' styled GUI's), completely and totally laughed at within a few years time.

One of the first things that caught my attention at Acqua plugins was their awesome GUI, and, besides their stunning sonic quality, I prefer to work with something that also pleases the eye and get the "wow" factor from my clients. Sometimes I dream about some midi controllers made especially for AA plugins, looking as much as possible as the software, so you could control the plugins with them. I have actually bought the Korg MS-20 midi controller just because I could touch it while controlling their software synth.
Official Dealer of Acustica Audio Products in Romania. Please contact me at contact@daw.ro for a direct presentantion of how AA products would fit your workflow. http://www.daw.ro/
SoundForSoul
User Level I
User Level I

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:56 am

i love those Acqua HW looking guis
it adds to the experience of having HW sound ITB

and that people are tired of 3d looking designs is not true
UAD and slate is using them and many other companies and i newer heard any complaints about that

the sound follows the awesome GUI`s too with Acquas,
i cant say the same about most competition
so keeping Acquas HW looking makes much sense to me

please don't ever consider changing your 3d looking GUI`s AA
they are the best looking ones of all the completion i know of with the best sound to follow

i would hate it if Acquas started to look like fabfilter pro q2 or any similar eq designs

the gui for particular pro q works well for that eq though, so i got no complaints about that on fabfilters side

but the great thing of having HW looking Acquas is that it forces us to use our ears more even they are eye candy too lol, that works very well for me :D

i do apologize for posting this in the wrong thread, but since Acqua gui`s was mentioned in this thread i had to mention it

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby hwasser » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 am

The whole thing with Nebula is the ability to sample hardware and use it in your daw. Nebula strive to be as true to the hardware in every way possible: saturation, frequency, dynamics .. isn't it just natural to make the looks follow the same theme?
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby fredomundo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:55 am

Another vote here for more CUDA support. I would really love that.
fredomundo
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby heraldo_jones » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Lately have worked in a friend's studio who use Nebula 3 in Cubase and have a long collection of libraries and man ... some of them just sounded amazing by simply inserting them. I remember on using a 1176 and a N*****n eq libraries which were really killers. I will buy it for sure the same moment it will be out (I guess it also will have AAX support).
heraldo_jones
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Andymusikus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:22 pm

PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF FAKE KNOBS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN!

They will be (and all the other 'gear centric' styled GUI's), completely and totally laughed at within a few years time.

It's a gimmick that has so long ran its course.

Which people?? I love AA's design and don't want to miss it. It totally resonates with my aesthetics. So, please speak for yourself but not for others...

And btw: If somebody laughs abot me, I grant them to have fun ;)
Andymusikus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby heraldo_jones » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:50 am

I would love to buy Nebula Pro, but if in one or two months 4th edition will be out and I should pay an extra to upgrade I prefer to wait for it.
heraldo_jones
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:59 pm

heraldo_jones wrote:I would love to buy Nebula Pro, but if in one or two months 4th edition will be out and I should pay an extra to upgrade I prefer to wait for it.

makes sense if AA doesn't delay it again

i had the same thought in September 2015
im very happy i didn't wait, but that's a completely different time frame though

we should be close this time
so waiting make sense since we don't know what the upgrade path will cost and what N4 will cost

saving money makes sense :)

would be nice to know though hearing anything on this topic from AA
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Jordi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Long time no news on when this far or near nebula4 ago. We have reached the point that people argue for the 3d interfaces , imagine how boring we expected. and we are on core9 and we have no updates corr in nebulaserver or have idea when will the nebula4 relisted . I happy with Nebula3 but would be nice to start working in a more comfortable such as aqua form . Touch keep waiting , I am afraid .... and go buy patience
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula