Login

N4

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: N4

Postby flipnaut » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm

at jfer: i hope they will wait until new Website and auth tool is out!

btw. i would call neb4 just Aqua :D
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby spunkmuffin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:21 pm

flipnaut wrote:at jfer: i hope they will wait until new Website and auth tool is out!

+++1 ;)
spunkmuffin
User Level V
User Level V

Postby fatbwif » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi,
So... We are now in july... Any news about Nebula 4 ?
What is the current target release date (approx.) ?
What is your actual product timeline ?

Regards,
fatbwif
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby BCz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello there folks. I'm really interested in buying Nebula 3 but I've been holding off until 4 drops. Since it's been a while since it was announced and there appears to be no clear sign of when it'll be releasing I might just buy the 3 Pro Bundle.

If I decide to take the plunge and buy Nebula 3, will I have the option to upgrade to 4 when it releases or will I have to pay full price?

Thanks.
Cheers!
BCz
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:12 am

yes there will be an upgrade plan. N4 will be released this year, but we don't know exactly the timeframe yet.
We are running
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby BCz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:42 pm

I see, thanks. I just went ahead and bought the Server Ultimate Bundle and will wait eagerly for the release of Neb 4.

Cheers.
BCz
User Level I
User Level I

Postby reggiejaxx » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Neb 4 delay again?... thought it was june-july....no approx realease date ..i'm guessing it's not priority, though i was looking forward to it, guess i'll check back in a few months.
reggiejaxx
User Level I
User Level I

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 pm

I imagine the new technologies used in the newest Acqua plugins caused a rework of N4. Better to have it right than rushed
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Support » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:19 pm

THAPRODUCERZ wrote:I imagine the new technologies used in the newest Acqua plugins caused a rework of N4. Better to have it right than rushed

Both products line-up, Nebula and Acqua Effects use the same Acqua/Nebula framework. Acqua Effect assembly/routing should work in the Acqua Effect itself and also in Nebula4, but we need to check it one by one in order to provide our customer a full working product.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby greekpeet » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Okay.

Let's talk about the GUI.

I'm going to be super harsh, but so honest.

PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF FAKE KNOBS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN!

They will be (and all the other 'gear centric' styled GUI's), completely and totally laughed at within a few years time.

It's a gimmick that has so long ran its course.

How much development is actually spent on skinning and GUI that could be spent on the audio side? How many support layers is the company digging into with various OS requirements for that?

Can we just get simple, clean, scalable, vector based graphics layer and forget about trying to make it look like hardware?

Trying to get software to look like hardware, MAKES IT HARDER TO USE!

Not only that, increases the lines of code required to support a massive backdrop, tying tiny little pictures to the GUI, and wrapping all that to another OS's specs for displaying it on your computer screen.

Does that make sense? Lot's of extra and unnecessary resources are spent on something that doesn't enhance the audio in any shape or way, and pigeon holes the user experience.

Plus it completely dates the technology.

Knobs on hardware make sense, not in software.
I don't want a knob that has beautiful 3d shading.

I want a knob or slider that is clear to look at, and scalable depending on how large or small of a screen I'm working off of.

Cool thing about this system, it should be very easy on the user front to customize their preferable GUI. Instead of having this walled garden (having a user need NAT, scripting languages, etc) to change the basic interface layout.

This is such a requirement due to the huge variety of libraries out there.

I'd kill for a Valhalla slash 21st century NASA computer vector based graphic system for Nebula.

FL Studio and H******* Mixbus pulled it off.

Clean, flat, scalable, simple, user-friendly.

That stuff will be classy for decades to come, and much easier to support.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula