Login

N4

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: N4

Postby reggiejaxx » Mon May 02, 2016 11:47 am

hello,what's the expected release date for nebula 4? It would help me to not have to keep checking the forum everyday,i'd just set a date and check back then...thank you.
reggiejaxx
User Level I
User Level I

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon May 02, 2016 12:06 pm

im pretty sure N4 eta is June
but stuff can still happen

what i want to know is
will there be a upgrade plan from Nebula 3 server to nebula 4 ?
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby reggiejaxx » Mon May 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Dude you're pretty sure as in a someone from acustica mentioned june? or are you just guessing which doesn't help ,thanks for the response nevertheless but hopefully someone from acustica chimes in with a more official answer.
reggiejaxx
User Level I
User Level I

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon May 02, 2016 2:08 pm

im pretty sure Giancarlo said June in GS Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion thread
so yes im pretty sure :)
im 99% sure it was June that was said the other 1% goes to July hehe
if i was guessing i would have said so
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby reggiejaxx » Mon May 02, 2016 2:27 pm

:) Cool thanks alot i'll head back around that time to see whats what, have a great day
p.s. you should probably join the staff at least promotions wise you seem to know alot about the software and news and even offer a type of customer support.
reggiejaxx
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Mon May 02, 2016 2:51 pm

ahhaha yes, he is very good in collecting details from various sources. Really I said that, I don't remember even WHERE.
At current state of knowledge the product will be out around june/july. Anyway there are several bugs we found in old wavelab editor (version 5-6) and we are trying to fix them. I know it is not used any more, but we have customers using that editor.
We'll keep you updated.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby garyk_123 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 am

This is encouraging. Could I ask please, perhaps jfjer tech support :D, if this will be Core 8 and will it be more CPU efficient with existing Neb 3 libraries?
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue May 17, 2016 10:57 am

garyk_123 wrote:This is encouraging. Could I ask please, perhaps jfjer tech support :D, if this will be Core 8 and will it be more CPU efficient with existing Neb 3 libraries?

im not exactly tech support lol and i know it was meant as a joke hehe

im just repeating what G have said probably somewhere in this thread or somewhere else

but im happy to answer what i do know from all my readings :)

N4 core8 on release yes im 100% sure :)

even nebula 3 server will get core8 but don't know exactly when :)

i don't know if core 8 with current libs will be more cpu efficient yet

i do know nebula 4 wont handle many instances of neb 3 libs very well if thats part of the plan getting N4, it will bring cpu and ram to its knees according to giancarlo

so running full nebula eq`s will not be the big thing as many hoped

but i really looking forward to the day 3rd party devs make libs optimized for nebula 4

imagine an acqua looking and behaving neb lib from the 3rd pary devs, thats gonna be awesome :)

thats the best i can do

Cheers
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue May 17, 2016 11:05 am

It will only be CPU heavy if the preset is set up a certain way. Some library's are also tuned with greater timed mode length, distortion kernals on timed mode and super long kernal lengths . It depends on how the developer currently implements the library. Yes some of the library's of mine I admit are heavier but It's because they were based on a different approach.

Also if you want lower CPU comps, I can make them lower through a dirac version. Which makes the samples 1 sample long.

I'm working on something very big right now which will be great for n4, actually even if you ran it in the agent program (not promoting agent, just giving a example) it will run like a dream! Stay tuned.
Yesterday I had 4 instances running at 0.3% CPU at near max quality. That's insanely low for neb 3
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue May 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Personally i love to use agent for current nebula libs

i actually have a hard time thinking N4 will do a better job than N Agent because i can create my own custom guis
and knobs
in that incredible program :)

it will be able to host N4 too so my investments in that program was good :)

it was actually giancarlo who said n4 would bring cpu and ram to its knees with several instances of current neb3 libs

and it wont even be a feature we can access at N4 release to run several current neb libs

i certainly want full quality in your libs MR.Tim :D

by the way , im waiting patiently on your dualtec v2 and the sta level

Cheers
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula