Login

Is CUDA only for reverb?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Is CUDA only for reverb?

Postby xyxxjx » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:19 am

I have plenty of Cuda cores on my video card, but currently Cuda for nebula is not installed. Is CUDA only beneficial to reverb? Or will things like compressors, eq, preamps etc. Also benfit from it? Could you for example run more nebula instances with Cuda?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Is CUDA only for reverb?

Postby RE301 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm hardly a Nebula power-user, but seeing as no one has responded - apparently CUDA only will work for Nebula reverbs.... so to answer your question CUDA = reverb only.

To port things like compressors, eq etc to another CPU / spreading the processor demands, you would need Nebula Server.. and an external processor in the form of extra PC / server..
RE301

Postby Support » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Nvidia CUDA GPU processing using CUDA toolkit with AA CUDA bridge in Nebula work only in FREQD engine (optimization 15), therefore is beneficial for long FREQD emulation presets like Reverbs.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:26 pm

And my question is...looking at my specs below...would i benefit anything from Cuda?

Thanks
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Support » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:18 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:And my question is...looking at my specs below...would i benefit anything from Cuda?

Thanks

You will able to run from 1 to 00 Reverbs emulation presets depending the power of your GPU. We don't have any GTX 960 to measure here.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby jpn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:44 pm

I have an Old Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ and for me it´s enough to use the reverbs I need .(4 or 5)
In my experience Cuda is very efficient on reverbs
jpn

Postby RE301 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:12 pm

Interesting! Those are dead cheap used on 'evilbay' (!)
(Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+)
RE301

Postby botus99 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:27 pm

jpn wrote:I have an Old Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ and for me it´s enough to use the reverbs I need .(4 or 5)

:shock: .... I need to start looking at CUDA :lol:

Semi-OT question: Would a higher number of CUDA cores in a GPU mean greater amounts of processing power for Nebula? Or is that more in line with the GPU clock speed? Basically, I'm wondering that if money were no object, what specs would be THE specs to look for in a CUDA supported GPU regarding Nebula use?
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby jpn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:43 pm

botus99 wrote:
jpn wrote:I have an Old Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ and for me it´s enough to use the reverbs I need .(4 or 5)

:shock: .... I need to start looking at CUDA :lol:

Semi-OT question: Would a higher number of CUDA cores in a GPU mean greater amounts of processing power for Nebula? Or is that more in line with the GPU clock speed? Basically, I'm wondering that if money were no object, what specs would be THE specs to look for in a CUDA supported GPU regarding Nebula use?

I can´t answer that ...
what I can say is even with an old GPU with Cuda cores is very efficient . Whithout cuda I can´t use the same amount of reverbs.
jpn

Postby botus99 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:18 am

jpn wrote:I can´t answer that ...
what I can say is even with an old GPU with Cuda cores is very efficient . Whithout cuda I can´t use the same amount of reverbs.

Fair enough. Seeing as I can't run that many reverb instances without CUDA either, you definitely peaked my interest haha. Thanks for the reply though!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula