Login

How to install the Nebula Server in plain English?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: How to install the Nebula Server in plain English?

Postby henrylai » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:Hi Henry, just to clarify, as I'm tempting myself to set it up and it does not work: I call "Server" the PC with Nebula Server on it, and "Client" the one running the Sequencer.

On the "Server" machine, do you need to update the Nebula Reverb.XML with the "client" IPadress, or is it the NebulaServerWin64.XML located in the same folder than NebulaServerWin64.exe ?

Thanks !

I think you only need to edit the NebulaServerWin64.XML, but I am not 100% sure, I edited the Win64 XML and the two speak to each other. I thought I solved the problem but now I couldn't load the program!
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:47 pm

:|

Thanks for your help. Let us keep trying...
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Support » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:22 pm

henrylai wrote:
Support wrote:
henrylai wrote:Problem solved!! Thanks for the help.

Now I would like to ask one more question, is it possible to link 3 or more computers together to share the loading?

Thanks.

Yes and no.

Let re-formulated the question, it is possible to connect a client computer to more than one server?

On a Ethernet network subnet you have 254 possible address, one should be used by the client computer, so you have 253 free IP address to assign to 253 server computers.

So how do you edit the xml to link two servers?

Thanks.

1. NTFS and HFS+ not allow different files with same name and extension. DLL/VST file name must be different on each "alias".
2. VST format need also different VST ID (magic tag in Nebula XML file) for each "alias".
3. Each Nebula3 Server plug-in (working in LAN client mode) need a IP/PORT correct value to connect in the network to the server.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby henrylai » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:41 am

Thanks for the reply but I am totally ignorant In these tech jargon.:

1. if I clone/ copy and paste the dll and xml file, Windows 10 will give it a different name, so it is unlikely that the clone dll/ VST would have the same name.
2. Not quite understand this point, I see that the VST and its clone both have a magic tag of 4627, do I need to edit it? And what no. should I use?
3. Do I need to assign a different port for each server connection?

Could you elaborate on these points? Maybe some examples?

Furthermore, I can load all the programs on the original VST but not on the clone.
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Support » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:04 pm

henrylai wrote:Thanks for the reply but I am totally ignorant In these tech jargon.:

1. if I clone/ copy and paste the dll and xml file, Windows 10 will give it a different name, so it is unlikely that the clone dll/ VST would have the same name.
2. Not quite understand this point, I see that the VST and its clone both have a magic tag of 4627, do I need to edit it? And what no. should I use?
3. Do I need to assign a different port for each server connection?

Could you elaborate on these points? Maybe some examples?

Furthermore, I can load all the programs on the original VST but not on the clone.

2. Depends if your audio host read it or not.
3. Yes, two Nebula3 Server (LAN client) "alias" connecting to the same Server computer has not sense.

One client and four severs means, 5 IP address and 4 different VST IDs for 4 "alias" Nebula3 Server (in LAN client mode) if your host need it, an extra VST ID if you also want to load emulation presets from client computer.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby henrylai » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:48 am

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for the reply but let's not run too fast, let's take things one at a time.

I have setup two computers, Main computer and a Remote computer.

On Main computer, running a clone vst called Nebula3 Reverb Server, XML edited to server port 6000 and server address 192.168.1.250 ( address of Remote computer ). For testing, running Wavelab 7.

On Remote Computer, installed ServerWin64, XML edited to serverport 6000, serveraddress 192.168.1.168 ( Main computer ID ). Presets Programs, Vectors and NAT folders copied from Main Computer ( Emulated ). VST dll not installed.

ServerWin64 running on both computers, start Wavelab, load Nebula3 Reverb Server. I see 1 client connected on Remote computer. On Main computer, ServerWin64 shows 0 client connected, but on DISK page of Nebula3 Reverb Server I see server connected.

Tried to load the factory presets but failed, all in INIT stage except for the compressor and distortion presets which load fine. If I tried to load any of the EQ, Reverb program, not only would I fail but the Wavelab program would crash on exit.

Is it possible that the Remote computer is not loading the emulation presets? Do I need to installed VST dll. and edit the names and the XML as I did for the Main computer to get it working? I upgraded my Nebula 3 to the Server version hoping that it would increase performance and ease up the load on my DAW. Wasn't expecting that I had to spend days trying to figure it out.

Anyone who got their server working can give me some help?
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Support » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:33 pm

henrylai wrote:Hi Enrique,

Thanks for the reply but let's not run too fast, let's take things one at a time.

I have setup two computers, Main computer and a Remote computer.

On Main computer, running a clone vst called Nebula3 Reverb Server, XML edited to server port 6000 and server address 192.168.1.250 ( address of Remote computer ). For testing, running Wavelab 7.

On Remote Computer, installed ServerWin64, XML edited to serverport 6000, serveraddress 192.168.1.168 ( Main computer ID ). Presets Programs, Vectors and NAT folders copied from Main Computer ( Emulated ). VST dll not installed.

ServerWin64 running on both computers, start Wavelab, load Nebula3 Reverb Server. I see 1 client connected on Remote computer. On Main computer, ServerWin64 shows 0 client connected, but on DISK page of Nebula3 Reverb Server I see server connected.

Tried to load the factory presets but failed, all in INIT stage except for the compressor and distortion presets which load fine. If I tried to load any of the EQ, Reverb program, not only would I fail but the Wavelab program would crash on exit.

Is it possible that the Remote computer is not loading the emulation presets? Do I need to installed VST dll. and edit the names and the XML as I did for the Main computer to get it working? I upgraded my Nebula 3 to the Server version hoping that it would increase performance and ease up the load on my DAW. Wasn't expecting that I had to spend days trying to figure it out.

Anyone who got their server working can give me some help?

Client 192.168.1.250
Server 192.168.1.168

ServerWin64 running on both computers

Why? Run Nebula Server in server computer. Run Nebula3 Server plug-in in client computer, soon as Nebula3 Server plug-in rich a Nebula Server will try to load emulation presets from Server Computer.

5. Set-up Nebula Server .XML file in the "remote" server computer. Add correct PORT and IP address parameters that should be the server computer port and IP address.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby henrylai » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Are we talking about the same Program here?
Nebula3ServerWin64 is the only server program I can find in the c:\\nebulatemprepository\Server folder. If I do not start this .exe in the Client computer, my Nebula3 .dll can't even detect a connection ( in the Disk page ). I tried running the Server64.exe in the Server only and I got no connection.

Run Nebula3 Server plug-in I suppose you mean the edited XML. plugin, the edited Nebula3 Reverb Server plug-in? This is only a .dll and on the Client I have no DAW installed, how can I run it?
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Support » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:23 pm

henrylai wrote:Are we talking about the same Program here?
Nebula3ServerWin64 is the only server program I can find in the c:\\nebulatemprepository\Server folder. If I do not start this .exe in the Client computer, my Nebula3 .dll can't even detect a connection ( in the Disk page ). I tried running the Server64.exe in the Server only and I got no connection.

Run Nebula3 Server plug-in I suppose you mean the edited XML. plugin, the edited Nebula3 Reverb Server plug-in? This is only a .dll and on the Client I have no DAW installed, how can I run it?

You should not run Nebula Server in client computer if you are trying to run Nebula over a LAN. Nebula Server should run only in server computer.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby henrylai » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question but I hope that you can answer my whole question instead of a part of it.

From online installation instruction ' ... On "local" client computer, you will run your sequencer and inside sequencer you will run Nebula (Nebula3 Server client plug-in).' From my understanding, the computer with the DAW installed is the ' Client' computer, so the 'Server ' computer is the one without the DAW. But you said that my 192.168.1.168 computer is the 'Server' and it should run the ServerWin64 program, but this is the one with the DAW running. Are you sure you get this correct?

And please answer the other part of my questions too.
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula