Login

How to install the Nebula Server in plain English?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

How to install the Nebula Server in plain English?

Postby henrylai » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:53 am

I am totally lost! The instructions are so complicated!

If I want to install Nebula on a remote server and a client, how can I do that? Instructions online says install Nebula server with the xml file, which xml file and how do you activate it? Man, Acustica needs to employ a professional manual writer!
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Re: How to install the Nebula Server in plain English?

Postby Support » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:59 am

All tips of the month, listed
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1346
Attachments
SS.png
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby henrylai » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks for the reply. I did visit this link and I found it very confusing:

"2. Install emulation presets in the "remote" server computer." How can I install an emulation preset? I install Nebula Server on my remote server computer but since it has no DAW installed on it and Nebula is not a standalone application, I cannot load it at all.

4. Set-up "local" client computer Nebula Reverb MAST page .XML file and add PORT and IP address. IP address should be the correct one from the "remote" server computer. In MAST page, how can I load the .XML file and how can I add PORT and IP address? I looked through all the parameters on the MAST page and could not find one that I can select Server Port or Server IP.
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Support » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:33 pm

"2. Install emulation presets in the "remote" server computer." How can I install an emulation preset? I install Nebula Server on my remote server computer but since it has no DAW installed on it and Nebula is not a standalone application, I cannot load it at all.

You have two computers? (yes or no).
If response is yes, are both in a same LAN network? (yes or no).
If response is yes, one computer will be the server computer and the other one will be the client computer where the audio/video host application will run? (yes or no).

4. Set-up "local" client computer Nebula Reverb MAST page .XML file and add PORT and IP address. IP address should be the correct one from the "remote" server computer. In MAST page, how can I load the .XML file and how can I add PORT and IP address? I looked through all the parameters on the MAST page and could not find one that I can select Server Port or Server IP

Which version of Nebula3 Server?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:20 am

Support wrote:
You have two computers? (yes or no).
If response is yes, are both in a same LAN network? (yes or no).
If response is yes, one computer will be the server computer and the other one will be the client computer where the audio/video host application will run? (yes or no).

This is actually the most confusing part...his question is simple
same as mine. On the Client computer after we install Nebula do we
actually need a DAW in there to open an actual instance of Nebula
or just the small server Application?

Thanks
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby henrylai » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:09 am

Yes, both computers connected with LAN and running Nebula server Win64 in system tray. Opening the Nebula server in system try I can see one client connected.

Running Nebula Server ver. 1.4.009
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Support » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:32 pm

Running Setup Nebula3 Server Win x64 VST 1.4.009.0.exe and using factory default paths, C:\VstPlugins\acustica64 and C:\NebulaTempRepository, we opened Nebula3 Reverb.xml file and we found both important tags for connect to Nebula Server, IP and PORT.

ServerAndIPTags.jpg

As is detailed in the guide in point 4., you must to edit XML file from client computer with a valid server IP address (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address) you can confirm if the server is online using PING (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_%28n ... utility%29).

ServerIPTag.jpg

4. Set-up "local" client computer Nebula Reverb MAST page .XML file and add PORT and IP address. IP address should be the correct one from the "remote" server computer.

Due Nebula Server stand alone application, but is included in Nebula3 Server installer, you must run Setup Nebula3 Server Win x64 VST 1.4.009.0.exe but in server computer but only Nebula Server application will be used, but run Setup Nebula3 Server Win x64 VST 1.4.009.0.exe installer is really important to install also optimization system files.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:51 pm

Let me see if I can make it more clearer

When you install nebula on the remote machine, a standalone exe will be created. No DAW is needed on the remote machine.

After installation, copy your vector and program libraries into the nebula repository on the remote machine.

The next step is to make a copy of the nebula vst and xml file on the main machine, with a different name than the original. Both the new vst and xml file names should match.

Then, Modify the xml as directed above changing the server IP address line in the file to match the ip address that the remote machine is assigned to.

What this does is cause the vst to look for this IP address on the network assuming you have the remote machine connected by lan to the host/main computer.

Note 2 things: rescan your vst folder from your daw to see the new vst file you made as a copy and make sure to load the standalone file/exe on the remote computer before loading the new vst on your daw
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Support » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:46 pm

When you install nebula on the remote machine, a standalone exe will be created. No DAW is needed on the remote machine.

Stand alone Nebula Server application is installed always running a setup or update of Nebula3 Server setup file Windows or OSX. Server computer, could be remote or not, we have invented this term to make more clear the difference from client and server computers, and well, server could have an audio host or not, will depends on studio environment, for example running VEP or Reamote in server computer.

After installation, copy your vector and program libraries into the nebula repository on the remote machine.

Nebula Server in Server Computer need the emulation presets and alternativedatapath is not supported, so N2V files should be in Vectors folder and N2P files in Programs folder.

The next step is to make a copy of the nebula vst and xml file on the main machine, with a different name than the original. Both the new vst and xml file names should match.

Depends, you can make an "alias" if you want to load emulation preset from Nebula3 Server plug-in Client local and Nebula3 Server plug-in Client LAN. Again, depend on the studio(s) environment, for example you could run four servers and run Nebula3 Server plug-in Client form the client computer and also for Nebula3 Server plug-in Client LAN, Server #1, #2,#3, #4, you can use a switch or a server 4 NIC LAN PCI-e card with CAT6/7 cables. CPU/RAM load balancing should be done by the operator and redundancy is not implemented between Nebula Servers.

Then, Modify the xml as directed above changing the server IP address line in the file to match the ip address that the remote machine is assigned to

What this does is cause the vst to look for this IP address on the network assuming you have the remote machine connected by lan to the host/main computer.

As you can understand Nebula3 Server and Nebula Server are working in OSI layer 3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model) for that reason Nebula3 Server needs a correct IP address to find Nebula Server.
Note 2 things: rescan your vst folder from your daw to see the new vst file you made as a copy and make sure to load the standalone file/exe on the remote computer before loading the new vst on your daw

A VST plug-ins is a VST plug-in. In order to a host can scan it and add it into the available plug-ins need to have a correct (not repeated name with .dll/vst extension) and a valid not repeated VST ID, in Nebula and Acqua Effect plug-ins both things can be edited, name using Windows Explorer or OSX Finder rename feature, and VST ID using MAGIC tag in XML file.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby henrylai » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:39 am

This is getting more confusing. This is what I have done, correct me if I am wrong:

I have both the Remote and the Main computer running NebulaServerWin64 running in the system tray.

I have copied all the programs and vectors to the Remote machine : C:/nebulatemprepository

I have copied and renamed the Nebula3 Reverb plugin dll and xml files in the Main computer VST folder to Nebula3 Reverb Server and edited the SERVERADDRESS field to the Remote IP address. ( note that they are installed in my DAW VST folder, not the default path )

I did the same with the Remote machine, locate the VST folder, copied/ cloned the Nebula Reverb, changed names to match the Main computer, edited the xml file to the IP of the Main computer.

I opened the NebulaServerWin64 app, loaded my DAW and insert an instance of Nebula3 Reverb Server. Checked the DISK page and the server app, they are not connected.
henrylai
User Level II
User Level II

Next

Return to Working with Nebula