Login

Help me understand the 3 DLL Files in Server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Help me understand the 3 DLL Files in Server

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:44 pm

As the Topic says, of course i am not a Newbie, now i have Server
Ultimate and now we have Nebula, NebulaReverb and NebulaZL.

I know what ZL is...before we had only the first 2. What i wanna
know is, the Nebula and NebulaReverb are the same exact as before
but ZL is actually 0 Latency and also takes more power then just Nebula
regular used to do before?
The reason i am asking is, in a project where everything was
NebulaReverb the CPU consumption dropped ridiculously after going
Server Ultimate, Latency is still there but CPU usage is cut in
more then half, which is good new, now i can go at least to
Nebula regular if not ZL.

Thanks
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Help me understand the 3 DLL Files in Server

Postby giancarlo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:21 am

I'll explain as best as I can to everyone what they are.

The executable has different extensions depending on formats: DLL, VST, AAXPLUGIN, AU

This new dll used for server is named "universal acqua".
You can replace executables in your acqua plugins, or in nebula, or where you want.
Nebula executable is the most powerful around: you can even substitute nebula3 free, which is commonly used in latest acqua plugins (where we need a "free" engine, because the protection is in the library). You can use this executable for navy. Or amber. Or whatever.

What makes a plugin a nebula, or acqua, or everything else is an XML files which is named exactly like it.
Please note, in 99% of cases you can simply rename the dll, but you need an xml with the same name in the same folder. Please note, this applies everywhere, even the au case (where there is an hidden app for renaming, inside the x64 bundle, and it will be extended to au32 with next update)

Now this xml tells the dll what it is exactly, and points to a folder. Now, nebula has a folder which is in "plain", while acqua plugins have a folder which is collapsed to a single file. There is a little filesystem inside. Now acqua and nebula are exactly the same thing! you could create an acqua plugin if you would know exactly how to do it, because nebula is based on a scripting language, which is used everywhere, also for skinning (the gui side). Programs and vectors are folders converted to a single file, for example a vector is a folder composed by thousands and thousands of elements.

Back to nebula: nebula3, nebula3reverb and nebula3zl are just the same thing renamed with a different configuration file.

New server versions is based on the new OFREQD = 25 algorithm, which is a zero latency fft. OTIMED was already zero latency, as we have shown in Murano compressor. There is a tag for enabling zerolatency, named "ZEROLATENCY". In general zerolatency disables the offsed, so there is an other tag named "PRESERVEOFFSET". And so on.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:32 am

Thank You Sir. So basically we chose one of the 3 whatever suits
better our needs or our CPU Power.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:47 am

yes, they are a sort of "preset"
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Working with Nebula