Login

Nebula 3 Latency issues.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula 3 Latency issues.

Postby IkanDakai » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi guys.
Despite the headaches im happy to be up and running.

Unfortunately i load the Nebula reverb into my Maschine Studio and test it on a snare but its Latency is horrible- messes up my whole beat.
I am on an New generation Imac 5k 4.0 I7 -32gb memory and im having no performance issues outside of this.

Please can anyone help me to get up and running?
IkanDakai
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nebula 3 Latency issues.

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Is it on tracking or in the mix you got this problem ? I'm using Logic and everything seems fine here
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:48 am

is maschine doing plugin latencycompensation??

most DAWs do, some have an upper limit.

you can change the dsp buffer of nebula on the mastpage (switch from simple to guru). nebula reverb has 512 as installationstandard.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby fungusperoxide » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:50 am

IkanDakai wrote:Hi guys.
Despite the headaches im happy to be up and running.

Unfortunately i load the Nebula reverb into my Maschine Studio and test it on a snare but its Latency is horrible- messes up my whole beat.
I am on an New generation Imac 5k 4.0 I7 -32gb memory and im having no performance issues outside of this.

Please can anyone help me to get up and running?

Are you able to run nebula on your computer with no issue beside the one you mentioned here?
I'm considering an iMac i7 32g ram,or a Mac pro quad or 6 core
fungusperoxide
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:13 am

im using a mac mini late 2012 quad 2,2 ghz 3rd gen cpu and have no issues with latency in the mix in logic pro x with 8gb ram,
i do find the nebula ultimate better sounding with compressors, i did think it was placebo at the beginning but i dont think so as im not the only one hearing that the compressors is sounding better on the ultimate
and the Zero Latency is very useful if you want to track with it :)

would be nice if someone with a better knowledge could explain if there really is a difference between neb3 pro and ultimate engine in sound or if it's just some settings that have to be changed in neb3 pro to make it sound the same as the ultimate for those who got the neb3 pro version :)

i did not have any issues with latency in the mix with nebula 3 pro either with the same daw and mac just to clear that up
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:25 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:im using a mac mini late 2012 quad 2,2 ghz 3rd gen cpu and have no issues with latency in the mix in logic pro x with 8gb ram,
i do find the nebula ultimate better sounding with compressors, i did think it was placebo at the beginning but i dont think so as im not the only one hearing that the compressors is sounding better on the ultimate
and the Zero Latency is very useful if you want to track with it :)

would be nice if someone with a better knowledge could explain if there really is a difference between neb3 pro and ultimate engine in sound or if it's just some settings that have to be changed in neb3 pro to make it sound the same as the ultimate for those who got the neb3 pro version :)

i did not have any issues with latency in the mix with nebula 3 pro either with the same daw and mac just to clear that up

Because the debugging
There was a big fix on lookahead, so compressors are better
There is still some bug on program dependent compressors - also acqua, I realized that during the c. development (they are prime products and they will be presented at namm)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:56 am

Thanks G
cool, my ears works then, that's good to know :lol:

Cheers
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:57 am

Just as a note, I think it's important not to get into any blanket statements regarding this.

not all compressors use the look ahead in order to get faster speeds, so with those library's I guess you should not hear a difference. Most of My compressors are tuned to be close as I could get at the time to correct speeds without lookahead so the only chances you may hear a difference is when engaging ahead on the libraries, if I had actully added it to a slider, although I'm using 1.5ms max on most of my libraries anyway, which apparently was a safe but debatable value for this issue that was in pro 3 So it's unlikely with mine you'll hear any difference but please let me know if you do.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:15 am

the most important part for the Ultimate upgrade to me was the ZL funktion , but i did notice that the Cupwice Flucti-Mew sounds even better on the ultimate to my ears. that was certainly a nice bonus i didn't expect as it did sound pretty good on neb3 pro also. it just lives on my master now

the Opto 3a im not sure if it's any difference between the different neb versions but it does sound great

the sum100a v2 i have only tried on the ultimate but man what a great compressor :)

im still happy i have the Ultimate to be on the safe side and knowing im getting the best
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:21 am

Totally understand, that makes perfect sense to be on the safe side for all libraries etc and a good recommendation to all is to use the latest versions if possible for any fixes and compatibilty for libraries and yes it will possibly make a huge difference to library's using a high ahead length (sometimes can be hidden and not on a slider)
I guess I didn't want any customers to worry that the latest library's from me are not working correctly in pro 3. It was tested over and over to be as close as possible ,The latest releases were tested on pro3 for this possible ahead issue before release.

I'm very happy your enjoying the releases! :)
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula