Login

Nebula3 Server update this friday

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula3 Server update this friday

Postby davidgary73 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Support wrote:
davidgary73 wrote:Question. By default, the Disk page shows latency at 1142 with buffer size is at 512.

When i change the dspbuffer size in the normal server version, ZL follows the same buffer size. If i set it to buffer to 4096 in normal server, ZL version will follow n there wll be huge latency. So how does the ZL works?

Sorry but I don't understand you but note that Nebula3ZL version is the only that has zero latency feature enable.

In Logic, when i launch Neb 3 server version and set the dspbuffer value to 4096, somehow when i launch Neb3ZL version, Neb3ZL dspbuffer will change to 4096 automatically instead of remaining at the default setting at 512. Shouldn't the Neb3ZL version remains at default dspbuffer value? How to have zero latency when the dspbuffer value at 2048 or 4096 in Neb3ZL :lol: :lol:

Then when i change the dspbuffer value from 4096 back to 512 in Neb3ZL version, Neb 3 server will also change it's dspbuffer value back to 512.

It's like i'm having 2 same version of Neb 3 server, just difference in name.

I hope you understand this or i may need to post a video for you to view.
Last edited by davidgary73 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:39 pm

I did UPGRADE not a clean install. What i notice is, the Instances
i created with Zabukowski are still the old version, not the new
and i think i can understand that. I guess i can just reopen them
with Nebula Setups and resave them back with the new version.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby zabukowski » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:26 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:I did UPGRADE not a clean install. What i notice is, the Instances
i created with Zabukowski are still the old version, not the new
and i think i can understand that. I guess i can just reopen them
with Nebula Setups and resave them back with the new version.

Use Nebula Setups - Setups Manager for mass batch update ...
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Just bought the upgrade. It's hard to believe I've only been using the Pro version of Nebula for the past 5 years. Can't wait to upgrade all my setups! Awesome promo sale Acustica :mrgreen:

EDIT: Got it installed and running. However, I've found that saving tweaks to the XML/MAST page aren't saving the settings. When I open the XML and save my tweaks there, the XML saves the settings, but the MAST page still displays the default settings. I'm still fiddling with it, but thought I'd post and see if someone can think of something stupid that I'm missing.

I want to get the XML/MAST page settings where I like them before I batch update my other setups 8-)
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby belnau » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:30 pm

I was really looking forward to the discounted upgrade price, bit surprised you changed it last minute. Advertising 55% discount but jacking up the price 100% is not honest imo.
belnau
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:10 pm

We'll check about your reports, but are you sure your host is not going to low latency? Reaper reports the value: it should be 66 samples if lookahead is 0

Dspbuffer can be high, it Is not linked with latency
Check the value reported in disk page

Remember: offset is not zero, put zero if you want exactly zero. Lookahead sums with latency
Anyway: magenta, green, Amber, navy runs at 66 samples. They are running the same 1.4.009 engine

Last but not least: you could replace your acqua plugin dll with this one. It is named "universal acqua"

Normal version used for magenta should be "nebula 3 free"
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:17 pm

About prices: the price is higher. It will not be lower.
Till today you had 50 eur for upgrading
Today you have 45.
On 5th December you'll have 100. It should be stable till neb4 (for the exception of Christmas maybe, our maybe not)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:24 pm

About the upgrade: use the coupon!!! Otherwise open a ticket
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mathias » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:32 pm

davidgary73 wrote:
Support wrote:
davidgary73 wrote:Question. By default, the Disk page shows latency at 1142 with buffer size is at 512.

When i change the dspbuffer size in the normal server version, ZL follows the same buffer size. If i set it to buffer to 4096 in normal server, ZL version will follow n there wll be huge latency. So how does the ZL works?

Sorry but I don't understand you but note that Nebula3ZL version is the only that has zero latency feature enable.

In Logic, when i launch Neb 3 server version and set the dspbuffer value to 4096, somehow when i launch Neb3ZL version, Neb3ZL dspbuffer will change to 4096 automatically instead of remaining at the default setting at 512. Shouldn't the Neb3ZL version remains at default dspbuffer value? How to have zero latency when the dspbuffer value at 2048 or 4096 in Neb3ZL :lol: :lol:

Then when i change the dspbuffer value from 4096 back to 512 in Neb3ZL version, Neb 3 server will also change it's dspbuffer value back to 512.

It's like i'm having 2 same version of Neb 3 server, just difference in name.

I hope you understand this or i may need to post a video for you to view.

the basic concept is, that nebula ZL follows the asiobuffer, that is set in your daw. so when you switch your daw to lower latencies (for realtime monitoring for example) nebula follows, at the expense of higher cpu load.

so don't try that with a long reverb program ;)
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby davidgary73 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:47 am

mathias wrote:the basic concept is, that nebula ZL follows the asiobuffer, that is set in your daw. so when you switch your daw to lower latencies (for realtime monitoring for example) nebula follows, at the expense of higher cpu load.

so don't try that with a long reverb program ;)

Is not the DAW dspbuffer i changed. I changed the Nebula 3 Server dspbuffer value and somehow Neb3ZL follows the value of Nebula 3 Server dspbuffer value.

Hence i mentioned is like having 2 of the same plugin with different name hahaha.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula