Login

please help .

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

please help .

Postby mikemac » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Can someone please tell me once we download our .ser file(license) where do we put this file ? Do we put it in the path that is indicated?

[i]2.2. Nebula automatically will create a computer ID code based into your hardware and operation system. Computer ID code will be displayed in user interface and will be written in a file in your computer disk (please see paths and files for more details).

IS THIS THE SAME FILE WE PUT INTO THE PATH ? hd/audio/presets/acustica...etc.. WHERE IS THIS ID FILE ?
I read the instructions 5 times and its still not clear.

please help.

thank you!
mikemac
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: please help .

Postby davidgary73 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

mikemac wrote:Can someone please tell me once we download our .ser file(license) where do we put this file ? Do we put it in the path that is indicated?

[i]2.2. Nebula automatically will create a computer ID code based into your hardware and operation system. Computer ID code will be displayed in user interface and will be written in a file in your computer disk (please see paths and files for more details).

IS THIS THE SAME FILE WE PUT INTO THE PATH ? hd/audio/presets/acustica...etc.. WHERE IS THIS ID FILE ?
I read the instructions 5 times and its still not clear.

please help.

thank you!

I can understand your frustration. Many of us had to go thru this in the beginning and even the guide provided that you read is overly written.

I have simplified it for you to understand and hope this helps:

1) Install Nebula and launch Nebula Instance in your DAW.

2) Nebula will automatically create a .ser file (computer ID based on your hardware and operation system). The.ser file is located at these locations:

Mac @ Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/

Windows @ C:\ProgramData\AcusticaAudio\NebulaTempRepository\ (path is not fixed).

3) On Acustica site, go to Dashboard, Authorize Products section and upload the .ser file.

4) The license INIT.N2V and INIT.N2P will be deposited to your Dashboard, My Licenses section and also an automatic email with your license and installation instructions will be forwarded to you.

5) Download the product license NIT.N2V and INIT.N2P from Dashboard, My Licenses section or from your email and place it in the correct paths:

Mac:
Place the INIT.N2P in Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/Programs/
Place the INIT.N2V in Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/Vectors/

Windows:
Place the INIT.N2P in C:\ProgramData\AcusticaAudio\NebulaTempRepository\Programs\
Place the INIT.N2V in C:\ProgramData\AcusticaAudio\NebulaTempRepository\Vectors\

Relaunch Nebula instance and you'll have an authorrized Nebula.
Last edited by davidgary73 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:37 pm

i use a Mac so im not absolutely sure its the same but i will try :)

for finding ser file

be sure to look in right folder first especially if you have installed an aqua, then you actually got two folders that is easy to mix up

ok if you have installed an aqua you have one folder called Acustica and one called AcusticaAudio, make sure you go in to the AcusticaAudio folder thats where Nebula is

so the path should not be hd/Library/audio/presets/Acustica

it should be hd/Library/audio/presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3
at least on a mac

once i open the nebula3 folder i see my ser file , and there is where it should be

where to put auth files

Step one
after uploading the ser file to Acustica you get your aut files right, yep there are two files
one is INIT.N2P that should be put in your program folder hd/Library/Audio/presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/Program
just paste and replace since there are a INIT.N2P in there already

the other file INIT.N2V should be put in your vectors folder
in your Nebula3 folder
hd/Library/Audio/presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/vectors
paste and replace

after i did this nebula worked to me

hope it works out for you to :)

Cheers
Last edited by jfjer379@gmail.com on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:43 pm

yep i struggled with this to the first time getting nebula authorised

looks like we both wanted to help almost at the same time davidgary73, you were a little bit faster about 40 mins
so you responded right after i started writing actually hehe

you're explanation locks a lot more professional than mine :lol:

im gonna take a copy of your explanation just in case some other people need it if you don't mind :)

if this link proves to work after a long time i just paste that :)

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby davidgary73 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:39 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:yep i struggled with this to the first time getting nebula authorised

looks like we both wanted to help almost at the same time davidgary73, you were a little bit faster about 40 mins
so you responded right after i started writing actually hehe

you're explanation locks a lot more professional than mine :lol:

im gonna take a copy of your explanation just in case some other people need it if you don't mind :)

if this link proves to work after a long time i just paste that :)

Cheers

Is good that you chipped in. I think the simpler the better and not overly technical. Simplicity is always better :)

You can copy and paste whenever new users have issue as such. I have also wrote a simplified tutorial for Acqua just incase.

Btw, my 2012 Mac Pro had an issue hence i was active in GS and in this forum. Now using my old 2006 Mac Pro to surf and internet while waiting for my the other Mac Pro to get fix hahaha.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby Support » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Acustica Audio products use a protection based into challenge–response authentication system. Nebula and Acqua Effects, after loaded in your audio host, boot and load an default emulation preset, then run a computer ID code versus installed product license verification.

Computer Identification = challenge.
License = response.

- 2.3. Browse your Dashboard, Authorize Products section and upload your computer ID code file.
- 2.4. Acustica Audio Global Key Generator will automatically create your license depending on your product and the computer ID code. Your license will be deposited in your Dashboard, My Licenses section and also an automatic email will send to you with your license and installation instructions.

Please tell us what is not clear, and we will change.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby mikemac » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Guys thank you for the posts but I do not have a .ser file. I installed and it launches in logic but when I goto the folder there is no .ser file in that folder.

Any ideas ?
mikemac
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Following How to register and authorize Nebula on-line guide:

Troubleshooting product authorization
1. No computer ID code (Nebula3.SER file) is created.
- Contact our tech support department for a alternative solution.

time to read TECH-0000001433.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula