Login

Nebula Server - How to use it ?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula Server - How to use it ?

Postby doubtingtom37 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:18 am

Fine Reply! Covers my concerns well at this point.
This part is key for me: " We'll upgrade nebula client/server to Core7. We'll upgrade also nebula3 free, so you could test it before upgrading.
Nebula3 pro will keep the old engine. As explained many times, Nebula server is a preview of Nebula4 and it shares the same engine but without the gui features."

Thanks and regards,
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby flipnaut » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:20 pm

hi,

i updatet to nebula server some months ago... first i could not feel a better performace but when i upddatet to my new i7 CPU i felt that nebula server is running like hell. It performs many times better than aqua plugins... for me it was woth it. But what i really miss is a developer who would just use all the new possibilites core 6 gives... as i understood they tweak with the old sampling techniques.
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Not sure if my older i7-840 will take advantage, but Server seems the better choice NOW and worth the small extra $$ ... especially with no apparent downside. ;)

Regards,
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:55 pm

server is the way to go, I think, especially as it is closer to what will be Nebula 4. And the upgrade price will be cheaper, I guess.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula