Login

A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:57 pm

I forgot to mention im a mac user, i dont think it will be any different than windows :) i had no problem understanding the first video, and it works just as good on a mac :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby idrummer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:48 pm

franky4fingers wrote:Hi Idrummer, happy to know you found that video useful! I am on windows and a similar thing happened to me too (maybe you can see it on video after i select a new nebula instance to pick parameters from), but, in my case, as i click on a parameter it then shows all the correct names. I just don't know how to help if your case is different, sorry, maybe mac users will

Thank you very much franky4fingers! Your videos are really helpful! I just can't seem to find the way to get the proper names when clicking on a parameter, although I was able to edit them and rename Mix1, Mix2 etc with the correct names in Nebula parameters, but I still can't get the correct values ie. an HPF from AlexB MLEQ knob that goes from 0.00 Hz to 450.00 Hz will not show those values on Agent's assigned knob, Agent's would show 0 to 1.

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:...

but as i see in the picture you have added reverbs, there is no controls on reverbs in nebula by default to my knowledge there is only presets, so what you want to really use Nyrv for is eq`s, at least to start with because you will learn the most from that
there are many other cool things too that you can do, but you will get you're own cool ideas to set up things once you get the hang of it

i would start with eq`s because the beauty of nerv agent is that you now can have access to an whole eq in nebula, all bands :)

ill get back to you in this post tomorrow, i hope it helped a little

Cheers

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:I forgot to mention im a mac user, i dont think it will be any different than windows :) i had no problem understanding the first video, and it works just as good on a mac :)

Thank you very much for the input and all the effort trying to help jfjer379@gmail.com! I really appreciate that.
EQ's are my goal too :D . As you might know, Nebula has two different models, Nebula3 (better for compressors) and Nebula3 Reverb (better for EQs, reverbs etc) So what you've seen are some instances of Nebula Reverb with the whole EQ range.
What I'm still unable to do is getting the right values and names from Nebula parameters in Agent. As shown in the picture below, you'll see that I've got to set all the knobs on Agent's configuration window and although I can rename then with the correct names in the control settings window, I'm still unable to get the right values as franky4fingers showed at his videos. As you can see in the image below, when I tweak the knob assigned to CUTOFF parameter, it works and moves the parameter but it doesn't show the right name and the value that shows is 0.55 instead of 216.0 Hz that is what Nebula is showing. I hope that now you could understand what I'm trying to say.
Thank you very much again for your help!
BTW, my OS is 10.10.5 and I work with DP8.07 with AU plugin format. I tried same thing on Reaper just in case it was a DP8 issue but I've got the same results.
Attachments
agent2.png
idrummer
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:52 am

ok, i like to set it up different first i show you have it looks with my whole MFQ in Nyrv A

i like to have numbers around the knobs
because the numbers you showed me disappear in a couple of seconds and then you haven't a clue where you're eq is set frequency vice unless you open nebula or tweak the button, if you tweak the button to see the value you sort of mess up youre settings
and i don't want to open up nebula when i mix with nyrv because to me the whole point with nyrv is to open less nebulas as possible once i have set the values for the knobs :)

does this make sense ? :)
Attachments
MFQ.png
Last edited by jfjer379@gmail.com on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:14 am

ok gonna try to explain how to set up those values now

look at he pic before you read any further or open up the pic in another window so you can see and read at the same time, or download the pic :)

select you're knob for example the frequency button like i did here
and make sure its a square around it that confirms its selected
and click on the control settings

in behaviours in control settings you name the knob for the correct parameter in the one called label,
for eq`s its usually FREQ, GAIN and Q

its in the display parameters you type in the values in control settings

make sure your toggle tick and toggle values are set to show

then you start with 0, and turn the knob as much as you can to the left

see in nebula what the values are and type that in
now you move your knob to next line clockwise, see what numbers nebula is showing and type that in it in and so on

i hope you see a pattern in this pic, because to me setting up eq`s this way make you're eq`s much more authentic
and mush more easy to read when you don't touch anything

with Q and Gain you do it exactly the same way

i also couse the number that is the closest to a whole number, because i don't want to put in 308,8 for example , that will make the numbers very crowded and hard to read, i rather put in 309 instead and after all its so incredible close anyway that it doesn't matter anyway, we still do need to use our ears after all

but its nice and authentic to know how you're eq is tweaked in a mix without touching anything

i hope this helped a little

cheers
Attachments
screen.png
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:55 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:ok, i like to set it up different first i show you have it looks with my whole MFQ in Nyrv A

because the numbers you showed me disappear in a couple of seconds and then you haven't a clue where you're eq is set frequency vice unless you open nebula or tweak the button, if you tweak the button to see the value you sort of mess up youre settings
and i don't want to open up nebula when i mix with nyrv because to me the whole point with nyrv is to open less nebulas as possible once i have set the values for the knobs :)

In your picture, i don't understand, how can an EQ be Shelf and Peak at the same time?
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:06 am

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:
jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:ok, i like to set it up different first i show you have it looks with my whole MFQ in Nyrv A

In your picture, i don't understand, how can an EQ be Shelf and Peak at the same time?

this is the nebula preset toggle we have talked about, i decided to make a compromise cause i wanted the whole MFQ in the same page

Nyrv has its own preset banks
so i saved Hi shelf and hi peak presets for MFQ
and i saved low shelf and low peak presets for MFQ as well in nyrv
I'm loading the MFQ with the shelf's as default , but when i want a peak i toggle between those presets

i wish there was a button to do it, but its very fast to do it this way even when i do it by hand actually

when I'm gonna set up MMeQ im gonna use two pages instead as that thing is so big hehe , i have already started with the MMeQ but im not finished yet
But man what a sound both MFQ and MMeQ provide especially with all bands available with an incredible control, im in audio heaven :mrgreen:
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:23 am

im also gonna make grey buttons in nyrv by the way as I'm pretty sure i have figured out how to do it :D
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:14 am

Yes, you can make more colored buttons and knobs, you need to edit the text file too. I just wanna try if it is possible to change the way the buttons look. Not just the color.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:05 pm

for starters i want grey regular buttons in the vintage theme, even making this is very time consuming as you have to manually colour 100 buttons for it to work and that's for the grey colour only hehe
i don't have time to do that for a good while
as i have spent enough time making my custom 88rs eq
but i will do it later as grey buttons appeal more to me with the N-eve eq`s

there's no doubt in my mind that completely different buttons can be made, but it will be painfully time consuming
i actually never thought the buttons was gonna be the hardest ones to make hehe

it would be cool if Nyrv could make more buttons and themes though

especially n-eveish and A-pi-ish themes with matching buttons
as i rather want to spend more time making music than spending too much time with design

DID you hear that Nyrv ? :D
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby idrummer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:ok gonna try to explain how to set up those values now

look at he pic before you read any further or open up the pic in another window so you can see and read at the same time, or download the pic :)

select you're knob for example the frequency button like i did here
and make sure its a square around it that confirms its selected
and click on the control settings

in behaviours in control settings you name the knob for the correct parameter in the one called label,
for eq`s its usually FREQ, GAIN and Q

its in the display parameters you type in the values in control settings

make sure your toggle tick and toggle values are set to show

then you start with 0, and turn the knob as much as you can to the left

see in nebula what the values are and type that in
now you move your knob to next line clockwise, see what numbers nebula is showing and type that in it in and so on

i hope you see a pattern in this pic, because to me setting up eq`s this way make you're eq`s much more authentic
and mush more easy to read when you don't touch anything

with Q and Gain you do it exactly the same way

i also couse the number that is the closest to a whole number, because i don't want to put in 308,8 for example , that will make the numbers very crowded and hard to read, i rather put in 309 instead and after all its so incredible close anyway that it doesn't matter anyway, we still do need to use our ears after all

but its nice and authentic to know how you're eq is tweaked in a mix without touching anything

i hope this helped a little

cheers

Thank you very much man! I've got that I can customize Agent and also set all values by typing one by one. But in the video he seems to get all names and values automatically and there's no need to type all those names and number one by one. It's just that I wouldn't want to have to expend too much time doing that. As usual, Nebula started as a PC (Windows) project and Mac users (although they improved a lot) are far behind PC users.
Thank you again for your help
idrummer
User Level IV
User Level IV

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula