Login

A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Postby dagovitsj » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:03 am

Hi, Carlos! Thanks for your info. That's good news!

We invite you guys to get a hold of our current 1.3.0.9 release this will be the last version with a machine specific license system, and when we update it next week just update it and it will keep working without issues.

However, I'm not quite sure I understand what you meant by this? Does it mean that if I download the demo, version 1.3.0.9 and install it, then I can kind of extend the "demo trial period" if I update it with the new version you are releasing next week?

I want to test Nyrv with my Nebula libs properly and I'm not sure I can do it with just 7 days - but your post is good news if I have understood you correctly. I'm quite sure I'm going to purchase it - because it seems very handy and promising for Nebula EQs etc!

I do hope you will still be running the sales period some weeks more - then I reckon you have a new customer :D
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:39 am

carlos.nyrv wrote:Hello Guys, I'm Carlos from Nyrv Systems

First i want to say thanks to all of you that have enjoyed AGENT, it took us almost 2 years now to get to the stability and functionality that we are now, so be assured that we are committed to it.

We have been testing Nebula Free Bundle since we don't have an NFR license for Nebula 3 Pro (would be good to have one), it is an amazing piece of tech, and works marvelously with AGENT.

Now the real purpose of this post is to announce you guys a lovely surprise for the upcoming AGENT release:

We are going with the Reaper License Model (no more demos, you will always get the full AGENT functionality and after 31 days you will be obliged to pay for it), however we won't cripple the evaluation in any way.

We invite you guys to get a hold of our current 1.3.0.9 release this will be the last version with a machine specific license system, and when we update it next week just update it and it will keep working without issues.

Also i wanted to touch the subject of the preset change stuff inside AGENT, all wrappers provide functions for getting and setting program changes, we have found that Nebula doesn't report this to us, so we can't show them or change them from the HostedPluginWindowBar dropdown, hopefully a Nebula update fixes this since its not on our end, we play by the book to be able to host whatever you guys toss at us.

Once again, thanks for your comments and enthusiasm in AGENT, we have lots of plans and features in the works, including a tablet application that will allow to control any number of AGENT instances instantly.

We are devoted to give you guys an open platform that you can tweak, extend and make it grow with your favorite sound tools.

If you guys have any doubts or suggestions head over to my.nyrvsystems.com and get in touch through a support ticket we'll be there for you.

I also wanted to say thanks to the Nebula Developers and Community for allowing us to "shine" a bit through you guys.

Get the demo, make your modular creations with Nebula and AGENT, and rest assured that we will try our best to increase stability, and add whatever functionality we are missing to get you to Nyrvana sound bliss :)

Cheers and thanks for your time
Carlos Barbosa (Nyrv Code Monkey)

:)

although i already bought it a couple days ago
this is incredible news for new users as its a little time consuming setting up full nebula eq`s the first time

but holy cow it is wort the time doing it

so to get the full experience with nyrv with a 31 day trial and after that a nag screen, just amazing, im sure nyrv will make more money on this compared to a 7 days trial :)

is there any other news on the new version ?
i had a complete hangup with nyrvana, so i hope it will be possible to directly download skins and graphic elements soon
and i hope the web installers disappear as i want to completely stay offline with my upgraded skylake win computer when i buy it

i also hope the nyrvana button at least can be hidden in a future upgrade as the hangup completely froze my daw and i was not able to save

still Agent is my saviour for whole nebula eq`s and i love it

so keep up the good work

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:59 am

dagovitsj wrote:Hi, Carlos! Thanks for your info. That's good news!

However, I'm not quite sure I understand what you meant by this? Does it mean that if I download the demo, version 1.3.0.9 and install it, then I can kind of extend the "demo trial period" if I update it with the new version you are releasing next week?

I want to test Nyrv with my Nebula libs properly and I'm not sure I can do it with just 7 days - but your post is good news if I have understood you correctly. I'm quite sure I'm going to purchase it - because it seems very handy and promising for Nebula EQs etc!

I do hope you will still be running the sales period some weeks more - then I reckon you have a new customer :D

i think the answer to that would be yes, i think you can install the demo and enjoy it till the next release

in the meantime i have some cool videos i found on youtube with Nyrv Agent

the first video is like a tutorial
i actually learned somethings from video one i didn't know even i had read the whole manual

second video is holy cow what a powerful tool

i still suggest to watch video one first, then you will already know how to set up nebulas , and knobs and stuff that correspond to nebula parameters :)

Video one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmppJFbcRvc

Video 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F5iSwwQKI0

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby idrummer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:10 am

franky4fingers wrote:For those of you who are interested in it, I made a 2 parts video reporting examples of what I experimented.
First part shows how it behaves with Nebula, by building a simple GUI for a Siemens w295 Eq

Video part 1_Siemens w295:

Wow!! this is such a great tutorial, Thank you very much!
I've got hooked up with your video and went straight to Nyrv Agent's website to get a trial. So far it's really cool!
Just let me ask you one question. How do you do to get the real values in your Agent Parameters Window? I just get Mix 1, Mix 2 etc, and the values doesn't match... Would you mind to explain how did you do that?
Thank you very much!!
idrummer
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:23 am

this was not videos made by me i just found them on youtube and wanted to share them
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:26 am

idrummer wrote:
franky4fingers wrote:For those of you who are interested in it, I made a 2 parts video reporting examples of what I experimented.
First part shows how it behaves with Nebula, by building a simple GUI for a Siemens w295 Eq

I've got hooked up with your video and went straight to Nyrv Agent's website to get a trial. So far it's really cool!
Just let me ask you one question. How do you do to get the real values in your Agent Parameters Window? I just get Mix 1, Mix 2 etc, and the values doesn't match... Would you mind to explain how did you do that?
Thank you very much!!

what do you mean with mix1 and mix 2, are you referring to channel strip and rack page ? I'm happy to help but i need to understand your questions hehe :)

if you can explain what you are trying to set up it could be easier for me to explain, especially if i have some of the same libraries, because then i know the parameters already :)
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby idrummer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:this was not videos made by me i just found them on youtube and wanted to share them

I know. The guy that made them started this post :)
But I'd really appreciate if you could help me here.

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:
idrummer wrote:

Thank you very much!!

what do you mean with mix1 and mix 2, are you referring to channel strip and rack page ? I'm happy to help but i need to understand your questions hehe :)

if you can explain what you are trying to set up it could be easier for me to explain, especially if i have some of the same libraries, because then i know the parameters already :)

What I mean is that on the video, Nebula inserts show all parameter values exactly as they are in Nebula, basically the whole video is about that. But I couldn't manage to get those parameters as shown. Do you think it might be because I'm a Mac user? (using AU instead of VST)
Anyway, I think that images express better than words in this case.
Thanks again.
Attachments
Agent.png
On the left, the one from the video. On the right, mine. One can notice that on mine shows just Mix1, Mix2 etc (No real parameter names or values.
idrummer
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:40 am

its pretty late here in Norway, but i can explain something short and get back to you tomorrow

what you need to do is open up the nebula instances you are gonna add buttons for to control

what i did in the beginning i dragged all mix to the grid , and every parameter called mix for some reason is actually one of the faders in nebula, for every mix(nebula fader) you drag into the grid it creates a button that now control one of nebulas fader, just turn all knobs and you will see what parameter respond to what knobs, the knobs that do nothing you can just delete, believe me its get much easier very fast, but by doing what i said you will understand it really fast

but as i see in the picture you have added reverbs, there is no controls on reverbs in nebula by default to my knowledge there is only presets, so what you want to really use Nyrv for is eq`s, at least to start with because you will learn the most from that
there are many other cool things too that you can do, but you will get you're own cool ideas to set up things once you get the hang of it

i would start with eq`s because the beauty of nerv agent is that you now can have access to an whole eq in nebula, all bands :)

ill get back to you in this post tomorrow, i hope it helped a little

Cheers
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby franky4fingers » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:15 pm

idrummer wrote:What I mean is that on the video, Nebula inserts show all parameter values exactly as they are in Nebula, basically the whole video is about that. But I couldn't manage to get those parameters as shown. Do you think it might be because I'm a Mac user? (using AU instead of VST)
Anyway, I think that images express better than words in this case.
Thanks again.

Hi Idrummer, happy to know you found that video useful! I am on windows and a similar thing happened to me too (maybe you can see it on video after i select a new nebula instance to pick parameters from), but, in my case, as i click on a parameter it then shows all the correct names. I just don't know how to help if your case is different, sorry, maybe mac users will
franky4fingers
User Level II
User Level II

Postby franky4fingers » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:23 pm

carlos.nyrv wrote:We are going with the Reaper License Model (no more demos, you will always get the full AGENT functionality and after 31 days you will be obliged to pay for it), however we won't cripple the evaluation in any way.

Hi Carlos! These are veeeery good news!
Good luck with your cool work guys, we really needed something like Agent
franky4fingers
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula