Login

A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Postby RJHollins » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:09 am

just to better understand ... we can assign 2 presets to a switch, and switch between ??

I ask because I've not gotten that to work [as yet].

I looking specifically at EQ's, with the libraries have a choice between 'clean'/light and full harmonics.

thanks
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:19 am

As i can understand Agent that is not possible, now i understand
what you mean, in your case you want to actually switch between
2 Instances of Nebula Loaded in the same Instance of Nyrv where
when you switch to one it mutes it and then opens the other.
I'll talk to Jeff and see if he can do something about it.
A workaround is to Load them both and switch ON Off each one
but not Toggle. But to better understand each other by Preset
i mean a whole Instance of Nebula, since Nyrv can not Load
inside the Nebula Instance another Preset.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:06 am

OK ... thanks for confirming on that.

With my NVC controllers, everything is MIDI, and I use PRGCHG commands to select the choices within a single Nebula instance.

I also have programmed it to automatically 'transfer' all settings, so changing from 'full harmonics' to a clean version is seamless.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:16 am

That won't be posssible with Agent, Agent can not access a Nebula
instance inside to trigger a command to actually Load another preset...
but i can bring it up to Jeff...i spoke to him about Nebula today.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby franky4fingers » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:22 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:That won't be posssible with Agent, Agent can not access a Nebula
instance inside to trigger a command to actually Load another preset...
but i can bring it up to Jeff...i spoke to him about Nebula today.

Yes i confirm this for me too, i couldn't get a direct program change, nor even an instance switch button from the GUI (in the channel strip video i had to use Bidule for this).

@ RJHollins: consider that you can run Bidule inside Agent if you want!
franky4fingers
User Level II
User Level II

Postby franky4fingers » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:35 pm

dagovitsj wrote:Hi! I just want to say a big thank you for this, franky4fingers! I have watched both of your videos and this was really interesting. Definitetly going to download the trial and test it.

Question 1:
Is it possible/allowed to share "Nyrv constructions" like the ones you demonstrate in the video in a forum at Nyrv?

Hi Dag, thanks!
Yes it is possible. There is Nyrvana, where people can share their presets

Question 2: How do you achieve proper gain staging through your channel strip if you use both Nebula libs (which can be different regarding gain staging, like CDSoundmaster libs vs AlexB libs) and algos?

Do you set up TT-Meter in your chain and send pink noise through at 1 kHz to measure that you hit each EQ, preamp, tube etc at the optimal setting or what? And when you have measured it, you can probably remove the TT-meter? Just thinking loud here...!

Well, what i usually do is to set the proper pre-inserts gain (or item gain) in Reaper, and then try to be consistent while processing (I don't care much about different libraries, honestly).
Anyway you can place your Meter wherever you want in the chain, adjust plugins volume with Agent, and then move the meter after the next instance you want to measure. By the way, I don't know why to use a pink noise for this? You want information on the actual track's signal, so you should use that and not a pink noise, right? Maybe i could be missing something here

Question 3:
- I saw that you chose from a lot of different backgrounds for the EQ you set up. Is it possible to make my own backgrounds in Nyrv or am I limited by the fixed amount that's inside the Nyrv plugin?

Yes you can do your own ones, you can load images/pictures (I don't remember which is the file format). And you can share them on Nyrvana, i guess
franky4fingers
User Level II
User Level II

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:22 pm

its png :)

yeah one feature i also miss in agent is to switch between nebula presets within N Agent , i just made the whole MFQ inside it and made a custom skin too
im very happy about it
but when i want to switch between hi shelf and peak and low shelf and peak i have to open nebula and switch to peak as it's loaded as hi shelf and low shelf by default the way i set it up, it's very fast to do though as the parameters in the buttons don't change

nyrv gives you a own preset bank in nebula in N agent
so i set up hi shelf and low shelf and two peak`s as 4 presets , two for lows and two for highs
they are pretty fast to toggle between manually actually, so it doesn't bother me to much,

but it would be awesome if i could assign shelf and peaks presets to buttons in N Agent of course
it's clear that im not the only one who have thought about this preset toggle in single neb instances in N agent

but still, this new experience with having access to a whole nebula eq in mixing tracks is for me fantastic

i hope it can be done toggle between presets in N agent though
because it would made my 88rs eq a little more authentic hehe
so we will see what new updates can bring us

Cheers
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:29 pm

The reason you can not assign those is Nebula and not Agent.
I already spoke to Jeff, they are blocked by Acustica not by Agent.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dagovitsj » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks, franky4fingers!

@ jfjer379@gmail.com and basaristudios@gmail.com:

- I'm thinking about making a S*L 4000 console channel like the one from waves/uad. I have AlexB's S*L 4KC (console emulation), Slick9k from cupwise (compressor) and probably gonna purchase the S*L 4000 EQ from AlexB (not sure if he has sampled the EQ from the S*L 4KC console?).

Anyways - is this going to work using the Nyrv? I know I have 7 days to test it and I want to put some things on my list to try out before the time runs out!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby carlos.nyrv » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Hello Guys, I'm Carlos from Nyrv Systems

First i want to say thanks to all of you that have enjoyed AGENT, it took us almost 2 years now to get to the stability and functionality that we are now, so be assured that we are committed to it.

We have been testing Nebula Free Bundle since we don't have an NFR license for Nebula 3 Pro (would be good to have one), it is an amazing piece of tech, and works marvelously with AGENT.

Now the real purpose of this post is to announce you guys a lovely surprise for the upcoming AGENT release:

We are going with the Reaper License Model (no more demos, you will always get the full AGENT functionality and after 31 days you will be obliged to pay for it), however we won't cripple the evaluation in any way.

We invite you guys to get a hold of our current 1.3.0.9 release this will be the last version with a machine specific license system, and when we update it next week just update it and it will keep working without issues.

Also i wanted to touch the subject of the preset change stuff inside AGENT, all wrappers provide functions for getting and setting program changes, we have found that Nebula doesn't report this to us, so we can't show them or change them from the HostedPluginWindowBar dropdown, hopefully a Nebula update fixes this since its not on our end, we play by the book to be able to host whatever you guys toss at us.

Once again, thanks for your comments and enthusiasm in AGENT, we have lots of plans and features in the works, including a tablet application that will allow to control any number of AGENT instances instantly.

We are devoted to give you guys an open platform that you can tweak, extend and make it grow with your favorite sound tools.

If you guys have any doubts or suggestions head over to my.nyrvsystems.com and get in touch through a support ticket we'll be there for you.

I also wanted to say thanks to the Nebula Developers and Community for allowing us to "shine" a bit through you guys.

Get the demo, make your modular creations with Nebula and AGENT, and rest assured that we will try our best to increase stability, and add whatever functionality we are missing to get you to Nyrvana sound bliss :)

Cheers and thanks for your time
Carlos Barbosa (Nyrv Code Monkey)

:)
carlos.nyrv
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula