Login

A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Postby giancarlo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:27 pm

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:This is the tool :)
i have tried it 3-4 days now and finally using nebula eq`s is awesome¨
now i really dont know what im gonna use nebula4 for
since neb4 its claimed to load current neb libs painfully slow and bring CPU and ram to its knees with many instances

its very strange to me that nebula4 will do a much much worse job than Nyrv Agent using several instances
because Nyrv Agent loads fast and it is not adding any cpu or ram problems

only quirk in logic is that when i bypass N Agent it adds latency, the workaround is too push stop/play and latency is gone

in Reaper on mac Nyrv Agent works perfect with no quirks so far, this tool is awesome :D
and now i really dont know why i would want nebula4 at all

please enlighten me Acustica what Neb4 can do
that Nyrv agent cant

Cheers

simple: you can open acquas and you can edit parameters internally. Nebula cannot do it. You support a skinning language that today nebula3 can't handle, it means new libraries will be less and less compatible with nebula3 (while previous libraries will be supported still). We are adding new commands to nebula which are supported inside nebula4 (and today inside acqua plugins).
So definitively you can't use Nyrv for doing things you'll do using the new engine.

Core7 doesn't know anything about routing
Core8 will do it, but it is an engine shipped with nebula4.
Nyrv can hadle Core7 instance, but it needs nebula4 for handling core8 instances. Nyrv doesn't know anything about internal routing created in nebula4 or acqua plugins, and it cannot optimize things. It simply can't do things.
But you can use nyrv for nebula4 ;)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:30 pm

giancarlo wrote:
since neb4 its claimed to load current neb libs painfully slow and bring CPU and ram to its knees with many instances

its very strange to me that nebula4 will do a much much worse job than Nyrv Agent using several instances

only quirk in logic is that when i bypass N Agent it adds latency, the workaround is too push stop/play and latency is gone

in Reaper on mac Nyrv Agent works perfect with no quirks so far, this tool is awesome :D

that Nyrv agent cant

Cheers

simple: you can open acquas and you can edit parameters internally. Nebula cannot do it. You support a skinning language that today nebula3 can't handle, it means new libraries will be less and less compatible with nebula3 (while previous libraries will be supported still). We are adding new commands to nebula which are supported inside nebula4 (and today inside acqua plugins).
So definitively you can't use Nyrv for doing things you'll do using the new engine.

Nyrv can hadle Core7 instance, but it needs nebula4 for handling core8 instances. Nyrv doesn't know anything about internal routing created in nebula4 or acqua plugins, and it cannot optimize things. It simply can't do things.

finally some information on Nebula 4 hehe thanks ;)

so im guessing new libs made for Nebula4 core 8
will not kill cpu and ram like neb3 core7 libs will do in nebula4

could i be be right on this Giancarlo ? :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory2 IAE-2 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3s • N4
jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:25 pm

franky4fingers wrote:Hi guys,
just tried this Nyrv Agent plugin to control more Nebula instances, as suggested by user Dimzo, and I’m thinking it can do the job...
It’s still a bit buggy on my pc, and my experience is limited in just 2 days, but seems it can be a quick and easy solution for this task - especially if it will be further developed in future... -

In general, adding a Nebula parameter to the GUI is just a drag&drop thing, in my experience knobs automatically showed the right values most of the times, when they don’t you can at least add some marks.

For those of you who are interested in it, I made a 2 parts video reporting examples of what I experimented.
First part shows how it behaves with Nebula, by building a simple GUI for a Siemens w295 Eq

Video part 1_Siemens w295:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmppJFbcRvc

Second part is my attempt to make a vocal Channel Strip, having Nebula for Preamps, Eq, Tube and Tape, and algo plugs for digital Eq, Compression and De-essing. To make this I used the combination of Reaper’s parameter modulation, Bidule and Agent. More complex to build (in my bidule style…) but, once in use, seems it can improve workflow much.

Video part 2_Vocal Channel Strip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F5iSwwQKI0

(if you want some info about the Parameter Modulation+Bidule technique, you can check these: link to topic, link to videos)

Hi! I just want to say a big thank you for this, franky4fingers! I have watched both of your videos and this was really interesting. Definitetly going to download the trial and test it.

Question 1:
Is it possible/allowed to share "Nyrv constructions" like the ones you demonstrate in the video in a forum at Nyrv?

Question 2:
How do you achieve proper gain staging through your channel strip if you use both Nebula libs (which can be different regarding gain staging, like CDSoundmaster libs vs AlexB libs) and algos?

Do you set up TT-Meter in your chain and send pink noise through at 1 kHz to measure that you hit each EQ, preamp, tube etc at the optimal setting or what? And when you have measured it, you can probably remove the TT-meter? Just thinking loud here...!

Question 3:
- I saw that you chose from a lot of different backgrounds for the EQ you set up. Is it possible to make my own backgrounds in Nyrv or am I limited by the fixed amount that's inside the Nyrv plugin?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:02 am

jfjer379@gmail.com wrote:
giancarlo wrote:

that Nyrv agent cant

Cheers

finally some information on Nebula 4 hehe thanks ;)

so im guessing new libs made for Nebula4 core 8
will not kill cpu and ram like neb3 core7 libs will do in nebula4

could i be be right on this Giancarlo ? :D

From the cpu/ram point of view core7 used in acqua plugins is the fastest Acustica tech available. Acquas allow optimizations you cannot reach at all in single instance nebula core7. Nebula3 core7 cannot load dynamically acquas, we are upgrading the nebula engine right now, and we'll bestest the stability of core8 within few weeks. The final name of the engine will be 8. Technically current acqua plugins are already core8, but we miss a nebula engine able to load them dynamically. So we need this exact upgrade.

What to expect
- Same speed for nebula 3 libraries
- Same speed for acqua libraries
- Tuning of internal instances of acqua plugins
- Fastest speed for next nebula libraries: you'll see it in our next acqua plugin so you'll have an idea.
- No better solution than acqua plugins loaded in nebula 4 from the usability point of view. They are and they will be our best tech ready-and-go, we solve a different and specific problem each time
- A lot of features developed during next months and aimed to nebula 4: better browsing, meters and so on - but not immediately shipped with the first release
- Library authorization and installion tools aimed to nebula 4/acquas for complete automation of preset downloading/installation/authorization. We'll post more details soon. Before the end of 2016 it will disclose ways for sharing or selling presets.

We are working very hard on all things which today are not satisfying. People lucky enough to see what is going on were seriously shocked. After you see what is going on you understand there is no space for being pissed off by current installers or authorization or workflow, because something great is on the way. But apart announcing we'll wait things are almost completed before showing them. This is our style, you see acqua screenshots when we are close to the deadline. The same for nebula 4. The same for Aquarius.

If you are curious just visit our offices... Everybody is welcome.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby RJHollins » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:04 am

All good stuff ...

to be sure, though ...

will MIDI capabilities be brought to todays' standards of full implementation .... please ;)

We need every parameter accessible, with the ability to assign a specific MIDI CHANNEL other than the current OMNI mode .

thank-you.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby drezz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Great News !! Very exciting times indeed. :D
drezz

Postby basaristudios » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:31 am

NVM, figured it all out, i will need people to test a preset
for Nyrv Agent but they have to own some specific libraries.
Its gonna be an AMS N**e Console with Graphics and everything
based on Navy, MFC, MFD and some Tapes.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:52 am

Has anyone figured out how to change PRESETS from the Nyrv GUI ?

For example: EQ band has 2 choices. Clean & Full.

I'd like to select without going back to the NEBULA insert.

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:38 am

Something like this, this is fully working, i love it:
Attachments
1.jpg
Last edited by basaristudios on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:40 am

RJHollins wrote:I'd like to select without going back to the NEBULA insert.

You mean to Load an actual Preset from the Library or what is Loaded?
To Load a Clean or Full Preset that resides in the Library its impossible.
If it is something Loaded and you switch it with Sliders then in Nyrv
you can create a switch for it to Toggle between the two.
basaristudios
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula