Login

A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: A Nebula Channel Strip with Nyrv Agent?

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:37 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:Agent 1.3.1 is up so let's see what is it made off...

WARNING! Before you install move your presets out of the folder,
they will be overwriten and you can not recover them.

thanks for the heads up mate :)

i really hope you don't find this out the hard way by losing your presets

can you please post this in our aqua GS thread too ? :)

all of us that have bought it should really get a warning about this from Nyrw on email

i would be very angry and sad if i had to redo everything from scratch and i do not easily get angry, but lost work is very frustrating

i suggest you send emails to users of nyrv agent right away
NYRV !
before this causes some serious damage to existing users
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby carlos.nyrv » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:39 am

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know that we are already working on an update for the installer, we are sorry for the preset overwrite issue, we are also prioritizing the upcoming PresetVault feature (presets in the cloud associated to your Nyrv account that get propagated to all your instances)

For the Nyrvana resources we have decided to handle them individually so any resource that you guys upload to Nirvana (http://nyrvana.nyrvsystems.com) will be approved by us and we will let you know of any reason why we may reject some work.

In the meantime we invite you guys to upload stuff to Nyrvana.

Thanks for your support and comments, we are definitely aiming to give you Nebula users the best experience we can provide, so let us know what you need, we will listen.

Cheers
Carlos
carlos.nyrv
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:30 am

im gonna upload to nyrvana later
i really want to create themes not only graphic elements

but the N**e theme im working on won't be approved on Nyrvana because im using original Names and logos hehe

i could upload a N**e theme where i make it look newish but don't use original names and logos, that will be approved i think

But i need aome help from you Nyrv

i have to figure out custom knobs problem, i have already made the knobs
but when i code in grey_knob for example in the theme code
the N**e 73 classic grey knob
the theme disappear in Nyrv
if i call the N**e 73 knob for black_knob and overwrite the stock black knob without altering the theme code
it of course owerite the black stock knob but now the theme don't disappear and the n73 grey knob is there, but i have to choose black colour to open up my custom grey 73 knob, and now i don't have a black knob hehe

i could choose to owerite the yellow knob instead and that will give the same result but i now have to chose yellow for my grey 73 knob to show

is there a limit of 8 knobs per theme in nyrv that causing that i cant write in any more knobs in the theme code ?
i really want to create themes, but i need quite a few more knobs than 8 different ones if im gonna fit in a whole N**e theme with knobs for all of the well known neb N**e eq`s

let me ask in a much easier way NYRV :)

is it possible to have more than 8 knobs in a theme ?

Thanks
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi!
"Nyrv sync in progress" - this goes on forever. Been like this for 15 minutes. I have version 1.3.0.9. Comments?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:12 pm

there is something wrong with the synk, this happened to me too, i could not open my project after this hangup, only solution vas to remove agent vst from my vst folder to open up my project again,
i have encountered two dangerous things about Nyrw now that can ruin projects
the first i have already mentioned
the second was overwriting our presets if you update to latest version

the last one is taken care of now but if you update i still suggest to take a backup of your presets to make sure

and another thing, im not on the newest version yet but Nyrv keeps nagging like crazy for me to update it even after i click remind me later, this is so annoying in a middle of a project

thank God im moving to an offline windows computer soon

i thought the nag screen was for those that hadn't paid for Agent yet
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:24 pm

@jfjer379@gmail.com: Thanks for confirming the sync problem.

I'm going to update to latest version, but how do I make a backup of my presets? I can't find where they are stored, really strange. What is the extension? Then I can do a search.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dagovitsj » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:32 pm

dagovitsj wrote:@jfjer379@gmail.com: Thanks for confirming the sync problem.

I'm going to update to latest version, but how do I make a backup of my presets? I can't find where they are stored, really strange. What is the extension? Then I can do a search.

Found the presets - under My Documents...!
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dagovitsj » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi!
I'm trying to build a S*L 4k EQ black (AlexB), but the grid in Nyrv seems to be locked. I can only place the Agent parameters in the first column.

The grid was not locked before I updated to latest version. Is it something very basic I'm overlooking here?

Thanks!
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:11 am

dagovitsj wrote:Hi!
I'm trying to build a S*L 4k EQ black (AlexB), but the grid in Nyrv seems to be locked. I can only place the Agent parameters in the first column.

The grid was not locked before I updated to latest version. Is it something very basic I'm overlooking here?

Thanks!

i have not noticed this grid problem on mac Reaper,
cant remember i encountered this in studio one on win7 64 either, i think sending a mail to Nyrv is your best and fastest option right now, they seems very busy at the moment and is not responding on their own Nyrv GS thread either

N Agent is working a little sluggish in live mode after the 1.3.1 upgrade so im not happy about that, the strange thing is that its when im in live mode its most noticeable, the meters in Reaper reacts very slow and unnatural when N Agent is open but everything in reaper seems fine again as soon as i close N Agent plugin within Reaper, im not removing the processing with nyrv but it seems there is a conflict having N agent open now with 1.3.1

i really want a downgrade to N Agent 1.3 as that one performed much better for me
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:24 am

Right, it seems like a found a workaround. I opened a project I had made before the update and saved this with another name and then I could place the buttons where I wanted.

BUT, I just have to say: The font size really have to be customizable if I'm going to use this program - now it's way to small, it's not easy on the eyes. Comparing to the Amethyst font - Nyrv Agent could really pick up something there. I also think that Agent has become more "sluggish"/slow responding when working with it compared to the prior version.
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula