Login

Nebula server benefits...

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula server benefits...

Postby mchillak » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:04 am

Hi guys, been wondering if it's worth upgrading from pro to server. What are the benefits? Reading up and it seems you can save some cpu when using multiple instances of the same preset. Does that mean if I loaded up for example "silk eq" on every track nebula server would only consume the same cpu as if I only loaded up one? Just curious as to what I would be gaining by upgrading.

Thanks!
mchillak
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: Nebula server benefits...

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:27 am

atm there are smaller benefits, you save ram when you load the same presets - and it loads a bit faster and it is slighly better optimized

Server one will be ported to core7 while other nebulas not, differences will be more visible soon
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Andrums » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:12 am

Any news on AAX support?
Andrums

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:27 pm

one thing that should be mentioned is that you need a i7/i5 4/5 gen intel cpu
to take fully advantage of the server
even the core 6 version ,
you get some ram benefits if you are on a for example ivy bridge i7 3rd gen
but not any cpu benefits according to support

the same goes for core 7 also according to support

correct me if im wrong :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:54 pm

... and if i am not wrong too:

no library 3rd party developer does at the moment use the benefits of nebula 4. Only aquas do that.

So it seems i bought the upgrade to server but... it makes not really sence?
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:30 pm

flipnaut wrote:... and if i am not wrong too:

no library 3rd party developer does at the moment use the benefits of nebula 4. Only aquas do that.

So it seems i bought the upgrade to server but... it makes not really sence?

Were you able to run more instances of nebula with the server edition since you got the right cpu to take full advantage of it ? :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:06 pm

...well i can't compare because i updatet my computer from a six core to a 4-core CPU :D

But it seems the 4-Core is slightly faster... You see in my signature.

I can now open some more Aquas and Nebulas until my Computer starts to suck. For example the 3HE Titanium is really hardcore too on an intel with 4.000 Mhz... so I use only the 1HE version of it. As i read also many others do... :lol:

I believe the problem lies in all the different versions... i hope that they soon get one engine out which can stay for a year and which is really stable.

That Core 7 does not bring better CPU performace is... but Core 6 brought it and i think it will be neccessary to upgrade all old plugins. The Eqp1 for example... or Blue EQ... then it would be way better to use aqua i guess.
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula