Login

Managing full-band NebEQs: Reflections, Videos & RfxChains

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Managing full-band NebEQs: Reflections, Videos & RfxChai

Postby botus99 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:57 pm

franky4fingers wrote:About using or not Bidule :?
In general, my suggestion is: try with parameter modulation first (as you’re doing), it’s quite easy to use and it may suite your needs.
Then, if that’s too much of a compromise, or you’re thinking of wider workflow uses than the usual Eq thing, go try with bidule (again, you’re accepting to spend time to learn). Imo - depending on what you’re doing - that time should be gained back when working with those “wider range” Chains in your arsenal, but beginning can be hard, no lie.
Still, if I can use my little experience to save you some time...

Awesome! Unfortunately, I'm too broke for any plugin purchases right now. But your last response may push me to get a copy of bidule and spend several afternoons questioning my sanity once I have the money haha. Thanks again Frank!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Re: Managing full-band NebEQs: Reflections, Videos & RfxChai

Postby franky4fingers » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:44 pm

botus99 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm too broke for any plugin purchases right now

I understand, and am totally with you.
I’ve been lucky they already owned it at the studio…
spend several afternoons questioning my sanity

Ha ha, yeah that’s exactly what I felt like! And in my case they were nights, so sanity was the first thing I lost in the way… as you can see… :x

By the way, let me say here that maybe I could have got you wrong when saying
the few that I've run have been incredible!

In my reply, I supposed you were talking about other people’s tools (as there are many cool ones on this forum!), if instead you were also talking about the ones shared by me, well, then really happy to know you can use them!

And also, everybody:
sorry if bad English (I’m an Italian guy…), if information is a bit confused or videos are boring. I’m just new to all this…
franky4fingers
User Level II
User Level II

CONFUSED ABOUT BIDULE? Info and Preset

Postby franky4fingers » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:24 am

Andyyager10 wrote:@frankie, thanks for the info. I have looked at bidule,but was totally confused. If you were to share some setup info, blocks?...that might shed some light for me and others.

Bidule Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b12PEmKfEo0

PRESET + 7 BLOCKS + Instructions.rar:
https://app.box.com/s/80959bfeqr3e3n9b9kpnpi10abp8p006

Remembering the doubts I had myself in my first approach with Bidule, I’m hoping this could help you a bit:

What it is - Consider Bidule as an environment where you can handle parameters, that is placed between our Controller(GUI) and our target parameter (Nebula).

So, instead of making the usual one step link
    GUI--->Nebula
    which we’d do with Reaper’s PM alone, we’ll do:

GUI--->Bidule, and then Bidule--->Nebula

Signal flow - Inside Bidule, you work using the “bidules” (those rectangular boxes). There are many types doing different things (refer to manual), you can find them in the “Palette” menu.
    You build your signal flow (which is more properly a “parameter flow”) connecting these bidules through virtual cables.
    The signal flow will always begin with one bidule which takes the signal (parameter) from our GUI via Reaper’s PM, and end with another which sends the modulated parameter to Nebula (always via Reaper’s PM).
    So the first bidule lets us enter in Bidule’s environment, and we use the “Variable” bidules for this (you can find’em in the “Math” submenu). While the last one is our exit from Bidule’s environment, and we use “Parameter Modulator” bidules for this (“Modulation” submenu).

For more detailed instructions on how to link a GUI parameter to a Nebula’s one, passing through Bidule plugin, you may want to watch the first minutes of the Bidule Video.
You’ll see you should do further (very boring!) links inside of Bidule, but DON’T MIND THEM if you’re using the Preset I’m sharing. With it, you’ll just have to do the two Reaper PM links I mentioned:

GUI--->“Variable” bidule
“Param Modulator” bidule--->Nebula

(how to do this is described in video)
franky4fingers
User Level II
User Level II

New Video

Postby franky4fingers » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Added a

Video for the Bidule Preset&Blocks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1dMkn8bKSs

I also report the links to download them