Login

Nebula 3 Pro - Bundled Choices - EQ, Comp, Reverb - Compare

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula 3 Pro - Bundled Choices - EQ, Comp, Reverb - Compare

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Today, will choose between Nebula 3 Pro and small set of VST Plugs. They are : IIEQ Pro, Klanghelm MJUC, Valhalla Vintage Verb.
I have worked with Neb 3FREE for the past week and have sampled its limited Libraries. I am trusting that I can find (at least) one or two EQ, Comp, Reverb choices in the bundle, which EQUAL or EXCEED the above VST choices.

Please note: I am serious Home Studio keyboardist using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit pre-release, Reaper 4.78, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Ivory II Italian Grand, Jamstix3. My recorded audio (wav) Tracks will all be from these 'clean' sources with some additions of female Vocal. My point is ... no need for dealing with highly variable recorded Tracks.

While new to this Forum, I am very impressed with the quality of assistance I see so far. You can help me a great deal, right now, by recommending those Neb 3_ EQ, Comp, Reverb selections you find ideal for my needs and compared to those I have named above as alternate choices.

Regards,
Thom B
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: Nebula 3 Pro - Bundled Choices - EQ, Comp, Reverb - Comp

Postby Support » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:29 pm

doubtingtom37 wrote:Today, will choose between Nebula 3 Pro and small set of VST Plugs. They are : IIEQ Pro, Klanghelm MJUC, Valhalla Vintage Verb.
I have worked with Neb 3FREE for the past week and have sampled its limited Libraries. I am trusting that I can find (at least) one or two EQ, Comp, Reverb choices in the bundle, which EQUAL or EXCEED the above VST choices.

Please note: I am serious Home Studio keyboardist using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit pre-release, Reaper 4.78, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Ivory II Italian Grand, Jamstix3. My recorded audio (wav) Tracks will all be from these 'clean' sources with some additions of female Vocal. My point is ... no need for dealing with highly variable recorded Tracks.

While new to this Forum, I am very impressed with the quality of assistance I see so far. You can help me a great deal, right now, by recommending those Neb 3_ EQ, Comp, Reverb selections you find ideal for my needs and compared to those I have named above as alternate choices.

Regards,
Thom B

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=165
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Hmmmmm ..... noted those earlier and looking forward. :geek:

I also realize I am not getting a true feeling for Nebula 3 with the FREE version.
I am NOT having issues running multiple instances from multiple Omnisphere 2 audio(wav) tracks. Enjoying and spending much time!

Always something new and good coming soon ... so will need to decide soon.

Thanks and regards,
Thom B
St George, UT
USA
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby david1103 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:08 pm

For Nebula analog (emulated) reverb check out:

http://www.vnxtsound.blogspot.co.uk/

The plates are brain blowing!

For digital you are covered with Valhalla Vintage Verb :D

For EQ this is maybe the most demanding and realistic eq for your listening pleasure. It is fully dynamic which most are not:

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads ... yrator-eq/
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Thank-you for these helpful references. It's early in my Nebula 3Free trial and learning, but already have a short list of strong Library sources. Tim Petherick is already there!

Regards,
Thom B
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby dacaveprods » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:47 pm

doubtingtom37 wrote:Today, will choose between Nebula 3 Pro and small set of VST Plugs. They are : IIEQ Pro, Klanghelm MJUC, Valhalla Vintage Verb.
Regards,
Thom B

MJUC is a GREAT comp...
dacaveprods

Postby doubtingtom37 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:20 am

For sure, but having too much fun now with Neb 3FREE !!

Thom B
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:14 am

Can you be more specific as to what you are looking for ?

From the 3rd party Devs, the range of products is huge.

Reverbs ... Halls, Plates, Chambers, Rooms ... etc.

Something like an EQ ... there are surgical to broad tone shaping, heavy coloration to transparent. Some EQ libraries have variable Q, others fixed.

With Nebula and Acqua, you are entering a special sonic landscape.

For example ... adding a PreAmp to a VSTi [piano] can bring a euphoric quality that algo plugs just don't deliver. We've used compressors JUST for the tone passing through them [not even use the compression].

If unsure ... read up on other projects with sounds you prefer, and find what hardware was used. This could then be useful to assemble a Nebula based chain. There is an excellent Nebula/hardware database that one of our Members have assembled. It is an excellent resource.
http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/nebula-vst-universal-program-explorer

With more specifics, others here can offer suggestions and insight to help.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:02 pm

I appreciate the reference and endorsement, as I recently saw one brief example online, but had no awareness of the quality.
This post was after long Thread on Reaper Forum focused on Nebula. I had received good help on other Threads and had finalized my first venture in to a step up in VST Plugins to use solely with Omnisphere 2, Trilian , Stylus RMX, Jamstix3, Ivory II and limited Vocals. This is what led me to Klanghelm, Valhalla and Pro EQII.

With expenditure now at over US$100. I am drawn toward Nebula 3 Pro. I have a decent quality home studio and hope to choose a path which opens the future for whatever arises, but I am still a novice at quality Mixing and no experience with Mastering.

I will do some searching, but do not have any feel for the Nebula 3 concept of 'consoles' versus conventional arrays of VST Plugins. My background is HP, but not in the recording field. I know of some of the revered consoles of earlier times, and this is my current attraction to Nebula 3 Pro.

Thank-you for helping.

Thom B
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Return to Working with Nebula