Login

Changing samplerate

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Changing samplerate

Postby xyxxjx » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 am

I made a template in reaper with a bunch of nebula instances with libraries loaded but in offline state. The sample rate was 44.1 when i did this. I now want to run in 96khz.and use the same template. The FRT in nebula says 96000 -> 44100 even though the project sample rate is now 96000. I'm trying to avoid having to unload all the nebula instances and doing all the settings again. Is there anyway to get the FRT to say 96000 -> 96000 without having to reload all the instances?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Changing samplerate

Postby andiw » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:40 pm

There's a 'reload' button in Nebula to reload just the program and not the complete plugin.
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby TranscendingMusic » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:20 pm

xyxxjx wrote:I made a template in reaper with a bunch of nebula instances with libraries loaded but in offline state. The sample rate was 44.1 when i did this. I now want to run in 96khz.and use the same template. The FRT in nebula says 96000 -> 44100 even though the project sample rate is now 96000. I'm trying to avoid having to unload all the nebula instances and doing all the settings again. Is there anyway to get the FRT to say 96000 -> 96000 without having to reload all the instances?

What is your Rate CNV in the mast page? Try increasing this value and reload the session.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:58 pm

the samplerate ist stored with the nebulapresets in your template.

load your template in a 96khz session, go through all nebulas and press reload (check if the programs are correctly loaded in 96khz) and then save it as a new template with a 96khz suffix.
otherwise the nebulas will always load in 44.1khz.

this behaviour (samplerate saved in preset) was implemented last fall, to make sure the samplerate is correctly recalled under all circumstances. it seems a little complicated at first, but is the safest way to ensure the correct samplerate in nebula.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:23 am

Reload should work but also reload the session in a new sample rate. Nebula and Acqua Effects should read host sample rate and load emulation preset in correct sample rate but this will not happens if you change the sample rate without close your session current session and reload it.

If this is not the Nebula behavior in your system/host, please send us a full report in a support ticket from your Dashboard and we will try to reproduce it.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:29 pm

I have always had that behavior and never thought to report it as I thought that it was normal. If I save any Nebula as a reaper preset, it will load the sample rate that it was saved in, even if I load it into a new session at a different sample rate.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:26 pm

you can disable this behaviour though
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mathias » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:11 am

xml tag? what's the name?
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby xyxxjx » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:27 am

mathias wrote:the samplerate ist stored with the nebulapresets in your template.

load your template in a 96khz session, go through all nebulas and press reload (check if the programs are correctly loaded in 96khz) and then save it as a new template with a 96khz suffix.
otherwise the nebulas will always load in 44.1khz.

this behaviour (samplerate saved in preset) was implemented last fall, to make sure the samplerate is correctly recalled under all circumstances. it seems a little complicated at first, but is the safest way to ensure the correct samplerate in nebula.

I set reaper to 96000 in project settings saved as new template, reloaded this new template. Brought up one of the offline nebula instances, hit reload in the prog. Page still shows 44100. If i bring up a brand new nebula instance it does load to 96000. I also tried setting request sample rate to 96000 in preferences it still doesn't work. My cnv rate is 9000, tried to lower that still doesn't work.
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Support » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 am

Send us a us support ticket and a detailed step by step information in order to reproduce your system behavior.

As I told you before, old Nebula behavior was save sample rate inside each instance and recall it when you reopen your session, but current behavior is read audio host sample rate and load (with or without internal SRC) emulation preset of each instance in current host sample rate.

As Giancarlo told you. There is a MAST page tag for force Nebula to use old behavior in order to keep backward compatibility. I should read documentation in order to remember which tag is.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula