Login

Core6

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Core6

Postby lubomba » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:27 pm

General question. When nebula engine is updated to core6 will all neb libraries be lower in CPU usage and latency (which would be awesome) or will the older stay the same and only the newer ones created especially for core6 be faster?
lubomba
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Core6

Postby Support » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:25 am

lubomba wrote:General question. When nebula engine is updated to core6 will all neb libraries be lower in CPU usage and latency (which would be awesome) or will the older stay the same and only the newer ones created especially for core6 be faster?

Nebula3 Server is already CORE6. New emulation preset should be done in order to use multi-load feature. We are working in others features for CORE6 also, in order to reduce CPU/RAM load.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Thu May 14, 2015 1:56 pm

is the newest nebula pro version then also core 6?
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Thu May 14, 2015 4:42 pm

flipnaut wrote:is the newest nebula pro version then also core 6?

Nebula3 Pro is CORE4.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Thu May 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Thank you for the reply.

okay... this explains why i did not had any huge performace-boosts with the last engine - but very slightly i suppose. There is something better... but not so much i feel.

If Core 6 is so much better i would like to have it on nebular pro too, because that would let me think to buy the new N**e console by a. boschi... or also the american. Until now i have always too much latency / CPU load to use it on the fly on every track...

But i hope this will be updadet soon in nebula 3 pro? Or will it come in Nebula 4 only?

Btw. any news around nebula 4? There where many AA plugins in the last months but lesser infos about nebula...

Screenshots would be nice or any new details about it. I would like to know if nebula 4 will be here in 2015? And will it wear another name?

If there are infos... just put them into a new thread ;) Perhaps you could put all details which are announceable about it together into one thread?^^
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Fri May 15, 2015 10:28 am

If Core 6 is so much better i would like to have it on nebular pro too, because that would let me think to buy the new N**e console by a. boschi... or also the american. Until now i have always too much latency / CPU load to use it on the fly on every track...

But i hope this will be updadet soon in nebula 3 pro? Or will it come in Nebula 4 only?

There is no plan of CORE update in Nebula3 and/or Nebula3 Pro.

Btw. any news around nebula 4? There where many AA plugins in the last months but lesser infos about nebula...

All features in Acqua Effect are new features for Nebula4 due Acqua Effects are Nebula4 libraries.

Screenshots would be nice or any new details about it. I would like to know if nebula 4 will be here in 2015? And will it wear another name?

We do not manage timelines, ask to sales department that also do Acustica Audio project management.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby russianpolecat » Sat May 16, 2015 10:31 am

flipnaut wrote:Thank you for the reply.

okay... this explains why i did not had any huge performace-boosts with the last engine - but very slightly i suppose. There is something better... but not so much i feel.

If there are infos... just put them into a new thread ;) Perhaps you could put all details which are announceable about it together into one thread?^^
You could maybe upgrade to the server version as an option? I'm sure there is an upgrade path somewhere that allows you to do that, I don't think it would be huge amount. It would certainly be worth it imho because I don't think Neb 4 will be along until 2016 at the earliest - I think Acustica are going to mainly focus on Acqua plugins from now on really (which is fair enough given that Acqua plugs are much the same in use as plugs from other manufacturers). Also, as I understand it (I might be wrong) the only major difference tech wise between Neb server and Acquas using Neb 4 engine is better compressor behaviour, and even that is debateable given the work arounds that have been achieved by TP and Alex.

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Support » Sat May 16, 2015 10:45 am

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=320

Acqua Effect plug-ins are Nebula4 emulation presets, so when we work on a new product or feature in Acqua Effects side we are working at the same time in Nebula4.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Sat May 16, 2015 1:17 pm

ah okay, so Nebula 3 Server is already nebula 4? Did not know that... seems obvious because nebula 3 server uses core 6. And core 6 is in aqua world nebula 4... :shock:

The aqua plugins are not bad... but nebula 4 would be even a lot of more interesting for plenty of people out there because there are plenty developers around nebula who would do plenty of libraries for lesser money than aquas... and that together with nebula 4 would be awesome if latency and cpu is no matter in future...
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat May 16, 2015 8:53 pm

simple answer to the question:
- something is improved automatically in every product. Intel example: you buy an i7 and it goes faster than your prev dualcore

- something is improved only in acqua plugins. Intel example: you buy a processor featuring sse4 and at the same time you release an application based on it

- something is a generic improvement to all products but based on several conditions. Intel example: you buy a new processor very good with opengl and at the same time you tell your customers to update a driver.

Core6 is all things above. It is featured in nebula server but your eq will be as much slow as before
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Working with Nebula