Login

Is the basic Nebula 3 enough for compressors?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Is the basic Nebula 3 enough for compressors?

Postby Masr » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:56 pm

I own only Nebula 2 and for the most part it seems to be all I need. Even some compressor libraries sound really good in it but I cannot change their attack and release values. ;)

Will this become possible if I upgrade to Nebula 3 or will I still need to upgrade to Neb 3 Pro?

I would love to make these work especially on Fate Comp, Snap Comp, Modern White Dynamics and D*x 165a.

Thanks.
Marek
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: Is the basic Nebula 3 enough for compressors?

Postby richie43 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:44 am

This is just my opinion, but if you are going to explore the very awesome sounds of Nebula and what it can do for your audio, upgrade to the Pro or even Server version. I know that it is more money, but well worth it. I found that I liked it so much I kept upgrading, where I could have just made one leap. But I also don't know the answer to your question regarding regular Nebula 3 and using compressors because I started using the Pro before Nebula compressors were that good. Good luck and I hope someone else who knows more chimes in soon. I just know that I don't have too much money, but upgrading my Nebula was the best investment in my audio life in a long time.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby blandry » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 am

I believe Neb 2 and 3 both have the core1 engine and the compressors won't work properly. I think you gotta go 3 pro. I've been putting this off as well (still on Neb 2) :)
blandry
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Masr » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks for suggestions.

Anyone having actual experience with the basic Nebula 3 (no Pro) version and compressors? The step to the Pro version seems to be still too big for me. :roll:
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby giancarlo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:10 am

2 and 3 share the same engine. 3 pro is based on a different engine, compressors are modeled in a better way regarding attack/release controls
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:59 pm

The other difference is, getting 3 Pro gives more support to those responsible in creating this in the first place 8-)
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula