Login

[SOLVED]Cubase 7.5 says Nebula missing, even tho it's there!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Cubase 7.5 says Nebula missing, even though it's there!

Postby Support » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:20 pm

daveee wrote:Hi giancarlo!

yes Nebula is authorized, I can open a new instance no problem, and also save the session and load it fine. It's just loading existing sessions where it doesn't find it.

I had a quick peek in the cubase session file with a hex editor, and found references to '4629' near to Nebula instance settings, which is the correct plugin ID / magic number specified in the config XML file.

I'm in contact with Steinberg about it, will let you know what they come up with.

Thanks!

Did you try to load your session with Nebula with this magic number in XML file?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby daveee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:30 pm

Yes that magic number is specified in the XML file - it always has been - the XML config has never changed (nothing has changed at all apart from the Cubase preferences getting corrupt and reset).
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:45 pm

after clearing 'preferences' ... did u do a VST re-scan?

something else ... check if you have 2 different Magic numbers for Nebula and NebulaReverb.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby daveee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:51 pm

Yes, done several re-scans.

I've removed all other Nebula DLLs except for the one the session is looking for (Nebula3 Reverb.dll / xml, ID 4629), and re-scanned.

I've removed all other VST scan paths from Cubase. Also, i've ensured there's no other installs of Nebula DLLs anywhere that could be found instead.

Also I've tried removing all VST plugins *except* Nebula, in case another plugin was 'stealing' the plugin ID (no idea if this happens, but thought it was worth trying).

Running out of things to try!
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cj01djs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:14 pm

I had problems in the past with Cubase in this way with other plugins and i usually do 2 things.First i rename the folder where are all the Nebula dll.s(usually is Acustica and i rename it with Acustica ok....or something) and the last thing: i delete the blacklist made by Cubase when loading vst's.Cubase put a plugin into the blacklist when something is wrong when loading them at the beginning and if you don't move the plugin on a different path or rename the file or make something new with the dll (like rename the folder where is the dll)and to force Cubase to load again you can't see it inside Cubase.
If you didn't try this try now,i resolved a lot of problems with this method.Sometime is a problem with a registry for that plugin and you must remove the software,delete all the registries related with it(most of the time manually) and reinstall it on different location.
I hope this will help you !
cj01djs
User Level II
User Level II

Postby daveee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:52 pm

thanks for your reply!

- i tried renaming the folder, and also moving the plugin out of the folder, with no difference.
- i've checked the blacklist xml file but Nebula is not listed in there, i deleted it anyway and it didn't help.
- i have not done a full reinstall of Nebula - i'll try this in the morning.
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cj01djs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:28 pm

I had some trouble with different versions of Nebula but with the same version no.And also there are still problems with Nebula 64 bit version and 32 bit version.On a project in Cubase 8 32 bit i have 10 instances of Nebula and when i open it into Cubase 64 bit Nebula isn't there,even the same name of Nebula 64 is working if i load a new instance.So if i have a session in 32 bit i need to finish it in 32 bit and also for the 64 bit version.The same is for Green eq and other Aqua plugins.Usually i work only in 64 bit and it's not a serious problem for me but i had this kind of a bug.
Something was changed when you had that error with Cubase.The last thing that i can say is when you start with the 32 bit of Cubase stay there till the end and also with the 64 bit version.
Good luck and if i can help you with other thing you can send me a PM.
cj01djs
User Level II
User Level II

Postby giancarlo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 pm

daveee wrote:thanks for your reply!

- i tried renaming the folder, and also moving the plugin out of the folder, with no difference.
- i've checked the blacklist xml file but Nebula is not listed in there, i deleted it anyway and it didn't help.
- i have not done a full reinstall of Nebula - i'll try this in the morning.

open a ticket
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Support » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Ticket opened and replayed.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby daveee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Finally fixed it! Thankyou to Enrique for the support.

** EDIT: see better solution in next post **

Not sure exactly what I did to fix it - I had already tried trashing Cubase preferences and trying clean nebula config, all with no luck, but then I tried something like:

- Trash Cubase preferences (rename/move %appdata%\Steinberg\Cubase 7.5_64)
- Clean install of Nebula, with initial config XML and fresh repository. Remove any other 'alias' Nebula DLLs and XML files.
- Remove all other VST plugins from Vstplugins folder
- Start Cubase and load session - it recognises the plugin now! (although obviously doesn't load the correct Nebula programs yet).
- Then did each of the following, each time checking the session loaded correctly:
--- Manually copy certain Cubase preference files from my original preferences folder which I kept backed up somewhere else, into the newly created prefs folder. Stuff like key commands, VST plugin info XML files, presets folder etc.
--- Move my original Nebula XML config back to the Nebula DLL folder.
--- Move all other VST plugins back to where they were.
--- Move the other 'alias' Nebula DLLs and XML files back to the Nebula folder (for backwards compatibility with old sessions).

I had tried all of these things previously, but it seems doing it in this order worked. Obviously some steps probably weren't necessary! Still not sure why this happened, and if it was a Cubase or Nebula issue, but happy to say I can open my sessions again finally!
Last edited by daveee on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula