Login

[SOLVED]Cubase 7.5 says Nebula missing, even tho it's there!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

[SOLVED]Cubase 7.5 says Nebula missing, even tho it's there!

Postby daveee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi,

I've had Nebula 1.3.811 working happily in Cubase 7.5.30 (win7 64) for months.

Today, I open one of my sessions (which was working perfectly yesterday), and I get the Cubase message "The plugin Nebula Reverb cannot be found for channel etc."

- However, the plugin is clearly there! It's in the Plugin Information list, and I can also add a new instance of it fine. (there's actually two entries in the plugin list, one for the actual Nebula plugin, the other for the 'missing' plugin).

I've tried resetting Cubase preferences (deleting prefs folder) which didn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've had to cancel sessions today because of this :/

It's odd that it worked fine yesterday, and nothing has changed on the system at all. Also, the session uses many other plugins, all of which are working fine, so I feel that it's a Nebula issue.

Any help hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Dave
Last edited by daveee on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Cubase 7.5 says Nebula missing, even though it's there!

Postby Support » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Hello Daveee.

Seems to be an issue in Cubase. Please try this trick.

Find a heavy CPU consumption plug-in in the problematic session and rename it as: example.dll to example.old.
Load again the problematic session and the renamed plug-in will not be loaded into the session due Cubase will be not able to find the dll file. This trick will bring some extra CPU to load Nebula.

If you still have problem with your session, submit a support ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby daveee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for your quick response!

I don't think this is the problem... I tried removing ALL VST plugins except Nebula from the plugin folder (so hardly any CPU usage), and Nebula was still not found.

It seems to be an issue with Cubase identifying Nebula as the correct plugin for the session.

Very weird that it's worked fine for months up until today, with no change to the system...

I'll create a support ticket.

Thanks
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Support » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:19 pm

We are in contact whith Steinberg but they don't offer NFR licenses for test anymore. You should contact also Steinberg for check if the can give you ("magic") solution from them side.

PS: Only one instance of Nebula fail to load? You should try to redo the session but also you can create a Nebula log to check if there is something corrupted in your computer.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby daveee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:43 pm

No, sadly it's 25 instances.

I've already contacted Steinberg, they said to trash the preferences then if that doesn't work to call them back, which I'll do tomorrow.
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Postby tumburu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 pm

I also had this problem on a project (Cubase 8.0.5), right after updating to the last Nebula version.

Support wrote:We are in contact whith Steinberg but they don't offer NFR licenses for test anymore. You should contact also Steinberg for check if the can give you ("magic") solution from them side.

You guys don't test Nebula on Cubase?
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby daveee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:09 pm

That's the thing though... I didn't update Nebula! I did nothing to the system at all. No updates, no minor OS changes, nothing.

It just stopped working suddenly...
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:45 pm

was the product authorized?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby daveee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi giancarlo!

yes Nebula is authorized, I can open a new instance no problem, and also save the session and load it fine. It's just loading existing sessions where it doesn't find it.

I had a quick peek in the cubase session file with a hex editor, and found references to '4629' near to Nebula instance settings, which is the correct plugin ID / magic number specified in the config XML file.

I'm in contact with Steinberg about it, will let you know what they come up with.

Thanks!
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Postby daveee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:54 pm

One thing that did happen -- Cubase's preferences became corrupted, and reset (this happens with Cubase occasionally, and is a known issue). This is when the problem started. I've tried 'trashing' the preferences since, but it doesn't help...
daveee
User Level I
User Level I

Next

Return to Working with Nebula