Login

MAC Process

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

MAC Process

Postby queleden » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:19 am

I'm really interested to buy Nebula, Nebula Programs and Aqua plugins. The thing is there are not so many comments about how much process Nebula consumes, so, maybe you can help me, hope you can.

I have a Mac Pro 2012 model, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core. 32 Gigs of RAM. Mavericks OS. Pro tools 11 DAW.

Here are my questions:

How many nebula plugins inserts could I be opened in a 24 48 KHz pro tools session? maybe you can write and example.

How many Green plugins inserts could I be opened in a 24 48 KHz pro tools session?

I Have a macbook pro 13" with a solid state unit and 16 RAM. Do you think it would be a better idea to by Nebula server and use this computer for the Nebula Process? I mean, if I want to use another manufacture plugins and let the process of Nebula in my laptop or maybe the Mac Pro is good Enough for at least 30 channels in my Pro Tools session (Again, 24 48 KHz).

Thanks for your time and comments.
queleden
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: MAC Process

Postby giancarlo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:25 am

I suggest testing nebula free 1.3.903 for a rough idea

About green: it behaves like 5-6 chained nebulas: a pre followed by 5 eq (you can disable the preamp though)

Lately core6 introduced a serious cpu load reduction, first product based on it will be ivory.
Ivory behaves like 2 nebulas, even if composed by 4 eq and 1 pre.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Support » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:59 pm

I have a Mac Pro 2012 model, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core. 32 Gigs of RAM. Mavericks OS. Pro tools 11 DAW.

Which CPU?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby queleden » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks for everything.

I donwloaded nebula free and next day buy nebula server. I am really happy with nebula server. I want to say that you are the best. Great tech support And inpecable sounding. Bless you all.
queleden
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nebula