Login

Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Postby indelible » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Any news about the issues in H******* Mixbus (PC)? Even .903 is not working. I opened a ticket months ago
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby javahut » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Support wrote:
G has communication with Noel from Cakewalk started yet?

We are waiting reports from two customers that report issues with Sonar. None replayed ticket yet.

Okay... you have my ticket re-opened concerning 1.3.903 Pro and Server version being virtually unusable in Sonar when used as directed.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion
javahut
User Level V
User Level V

Postby turbidnick » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:22 pm

I just upgraded from x64 version 1.3.770 to this and now when I load nebula in reaper it says

Acustica Loader ver 1.3.903
Debug level : 0
Master Ok (nebula3 reverb.xml)

Then immediately crashes reaper.

any ideas what's going on here? I have a major project loaded with nebula everywhere on it and need to get it running again. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
turbidnick
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:35 am

turbidnick wrote:I just upgraded from x64 version 1.3.770 to this and now when I load nebula in reaper it says

any ideas what's going on here? I have a major project loaded with nebula everywhere on it and need to get it running again. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

I just PM-ed you, but here it is again......

If you are in the middle of a big project, you should never make such a huge upgrade to software, actually. For your own sanity's sake, I suggest getting a copy of installers for the version you had working and finish.
Before you do that though, it could be that it needs to be reauthorized OR the new version installed to a different location and you have both installed (which can be horrible with nebula). Try replacing the "init" files that were sent to you to authorize it (or run the exe if you were given one). That can often fix issues.
Also, delete the entire contents of the temp folder in your "Nebulatemprepository". Also delete the "~scanboot" file in the "Setups" folder in the repository (only that one if there are other files in the Setups folder). Any time you do an upgrade, always delete this temp cache and ~scanboot file and let Nebula rebuild them.
If these all fail, your best bet is to reinstall an older version until you have the time and patience to upgrade and trouble-shoot.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby turbidnick » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:19 am

Right you are about not upgrading mid project! Thanks for your help, I got it working again. Had to backup the programs/vectors folders and delete my old nebula folder all together. Then re-install nebula and all of my programs one by one and it's working now.
turbidnick
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:38 am

turbidnick wrote:I just upgraded from x64 version 1.3.770 to this and now when I load nebula in reaper it says

Read support ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby greekpeet » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:07 pm

javahut wrote:God... I don't know where to start.

First, I've spent a month and a half trying to solve a new problem with my PC, and in the process... rebuilding my audio PC to a 5930k from a 980x, new 32GB DDR4 RAM (from old 24GB DDR3), new SSD Samsung Pro 1TB for audio and samples (OS is and has been SSD Samsung 840 Pro 500GB), reinstalling everything from scratch. Uninstalling recently updated plugins... trying to figure out what's causing the problem. Thinking it must be a "bloated" Sonar. Purchased Reaper and started trying to learn it. Realized there's too much in Sonar's workflow I can't do without enough to spend time learning Reaper. Back to trying to figure out the problem with Sonar. Purchased server version of Nebula. All to no avail... as I continued to have the same severe audio engine drop out problem that's been plaguing me for the last month and a half continue.

Then on a whim... I uninstalled the 1.3.903 server completely... reinstalled the Pro version of 1.3.846, making sure to completely rebuild plugins, xmls, and VST registry for Sonar. And... voila! Everything back to normal.

I don't know what you guys did to 1.3.903. All I know is... I can run a metric $h|T ton of Nebula plugins in a single project without problems in 1.3.846. I can't play through a project once with less than a quarter of that amount of Nebula plugins in 1.3.903 on the server version.

So anyway... relieved that all's working again after a month and a half of problems, and several thousand $$$$ later. Nice to have a newer "upgraded" PC (though I lost my PoweCore PCI in the process).

I just hope the guys at Acustica can figure out what it is exactly that's different about 1.3.903 from 1.3.846, and can fix it. Or figure out a way to explain in English what the difference is and what we need to do to make the newer versions of Nebula work as well.

For everyone that says 1.3.903 works better? Either you have something entirely different with your system than several of us here do... or you don't really use Nebula heavily. Because there is without a doubt a HUGE difference between the two versions... and I'm using a LOT of Nebula in my projects. And this makes 2 systems I've used 1.3.903 on now that both exhibited the exact same problem with the update (one wasn't an update, but a completely new install on a completely new, modern X99 system).

Can't wait to see if I see an even bigger increase with the 1.3.846 Server version (now that I own it) over the Pro version.

But I'm really kinda worried that Acustica doesn't recognize that there's a problem. And what's different in the newer version that might be causing it to perform so very much worse than 1.3.846, in some systems at least. Is there a setting in an XML or something for the new version? Something not assembled correctly? I don't know. But I'd hate to be stuck on 1.3.846 and now never be able to upgrade again. As much trouble as this has been, and as much time and money as this has cost me, I'm afraid I'll have to abandon Nebula after all this time using it, and go back to algo plugs for everything. Please, Acustica, try to solve this problem. There definitely is one. I really hope you don't ignore it. Maybe it'll work itself out in the next update (fingers crossed).

At least I'm back in the audio business for now, and out of the technology troubleshooting business... at least for a little while.

Sent a support ticket with the same issues everyone else is having with it having major issues with playback again today. Sent support tickets in the past that ended up being closed several months ago with no resolution.

Reverted back to .846 a few months ago, got massive kernel panics in OSX every single time.

Went back .839, with it running the way it was supposed to. Well sorta… .839 crashes all of my compressor libraries upon loading, so that kinda makes about $300 worth of libraries not function for oh six months now… Literally it has been six months since I have been able to use a single compressor program in Nebula.

I get it, they are focused on Nebula 4 and the ACQUA line. Cool, but its NOT cool to have this keep coming up with not a single upgrade to their core line.

To be honest I spent about $900 on UAD plugins instead of any of the new ACUQA line. Was literally about to spend almost $1000 on the new technology but feel really left out in the cold as a long term customer.

Why?
Because I am voting with my wallet. That and demoing Honey with it major crackling CPU spikes when turning knobs making it unusable. Amber was a great EQ, loved using it on a new project, and worked very well. Demo ran out and decided not to purchase.

Again, out of principle.

When you have upgrades that render whole groups of libraries going on half a year…

Still have hope but honestly beyond frustrated at this point.

If Nebula 3 does not get these things fixed up, and Nebula 4 comes out with 3 getting no more support. I am dumping the platform completely for future support, using what I have and moving to a hybrid setup.

You can rent amazing gear here locally for the weekend for half the price of most of the new ACQUA lines. It's just business.

I really hope they sort out 3 before the next jump to 4.

Still have a heart in this technology but sometimes you gotta give up.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:30 am

we are moving nebula to a new engine

Also it fixes crackling some user is experiencing on mac osx side and core6.
It should be pointed than a lot of users don't experience issues in core6 and they can load a lot of instances now, but in any case we are working on a better scheduling of threads
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby javahut » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:30 pm

Gotta say though, several weeks ago I changed the Nebula Server application, running locally on this same machine, to run with /affinity FF0, and now with a priority of /Realtime, and it has made a HUGE difference with Sonar Platinum. I'm pretty much free of audio engine dropouts, and thread work went WAY down, and I seem to have much more headroom... as in I can add even more Nebula plugins now.

This is working pretty well now, for Sonar Platinum use. But if Acustica has found a way for even better thread scheduling... I say GREAT! So glad you are placing a priority on getting the thread scheduling affinity and priority the best it can be... for all host DAWs.

And if you're using the latest Sonar, and are having problems... I would say until they get whatever it is solved to more easily work well with Sonar... it's worth the small price to upgrade from Pro to Server, and run the Nebula Server app locally, and set your Nebula XMLs to run through Nebula Server on all but the first one or two cores of your machine. It's working pretty well here now.

I may not have to switch to Reaper after all :D , even though I have been learning it and playing with it the past few weeks. Right now, my mixes still sound better in Sonar, so I'm hoping I can keep using Nebula Server this way until the other problems are sorted out.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion
javahut
User Level V
User Level V

Postby himhui » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:09 am

indelible wrote:Any news about the issues in H******* Mixbus (PC)? Even .903 is not working. I opened a ticket months ago

I don't think Mixbus v2.5 or previous versions support nebula and acqua though it won't crash on mainbus only. Mixbus v3 may get improved but let's see. Ardour 4 is the sample of mixbus v3, it works with nebula(still not recognize nebula dll with different name)and acqua but can't compensate the latency well over around 3000ms per plugin at present.
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula