Login

Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Postby fr3udes » Mon May 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Why do i got this error page while looking for my downloads ??

Untitled.jpg
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby thomasd » Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Don't know, but what worked for me was just clicking on the home page link and go again...
Macbook Pro 2013, Apogee Symphony IO Thunderbolt,
Logic Pro 10.2 , Protools 12, Cubase 8.5,Nebula Server, all Aqua's.
Acustica Audio dealer for the Netherlands
http://www.dippelstudio.nl, http://www.dippel.nl
thomasd
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby fr3udes » Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 am

Thanks Thomas, it worked.
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby sfabs » Wed May 20, 2015 10:55 am

I want to apply this update as it sounds great for people who have it working... but am a bit nervous as am in the middle of a few projects and don't want a setback as a few people have reported issues with the upgrade.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to backup before the update to ensure I can roll back easily if I have a problem? also what would the roll back procedure be?

Thanks
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Support » Wed May 20, 2015 12:29 pm

fr3udes wrote:Why do i got this error page while looking for my downloads ??

Untitled.jpg

You are not logged in Acustica Audio website.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Wed May 20, 2015 12:33 pm

sfabs wrote:I want to apply this update as it sounds great for people who have it working... but am a bit nervous as am in the middle of a few projects and don't want a setback as a few people have reported issues with the upgrade.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to backup before the update to ensure I can roll back easily if I have a problem? also what would the roll back procedure be?

Thanks

Copy/paste files to a backup folder(s). After OS core file installation (DLLs in Windows, framework in OSX) all other files are "portable" it is the open ecosystem of Nebula/Acqua.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Wed May 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Support wrote:
sfabs wrote:I want to apply this update as it sounds great for people who have it working... but am a bit nervous as am in the middle of a few projects and don't want a setback as a few people have reported issues with the upgrade.

Thanks

Copy/paste files to a backup folder(s). After OS core file installation (DLLs in Windows, framework in OSX) all other files are "portable" it is the open ecosystem of Nebula/Acqua.

Thank you... I will just copy the directory and then run the upgrade, looking forward to the fast loading and reduced CPU everyone is talking about!! :)
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby misterambient » Thu May 21, 2015 8:19 pm

ce1909 wrote:It's also spiking much more than the previous version.

Do you have Pro or Server? I am also getting erratic behavior and spiking in 903 (Pro), had to roll back to 846 and now it is more stable. If Server has no bugs I am willing to upgrade, for Core6 and VSTGUI4.
misterambient
User Level V
User Level V

Postby javahut » Sun May 31, 2015 11:38 pm

Count me in as having problems with 1.3.903 I didn't have before. I've checked every thing I possibly could. I've changed everything I can think of... except installing back to a previous version. Which is kinda hard, because I've built an entirely new PC just because I started having problems with projects playing (that previously worked fine) after installing the update, but didn't realize it could be Nebula related, and that (a few) others were having similar problems after the upgrade.

So I had an i7-980x running at 3.6 Ghz running Win7 x64 and Sonar Platinum x64, working great with no audio engine dropouts. I'm now running the exact same projects on a new system i7-5930k @ 3.8 Ghz, Win7 x64, Sonar x64, with a completely new install of Nebula Pro x64 1.3.903 and still getting the same drop outs I never used to have with previous Nebula (and previous i7-980x). No other hardware or software changes other than what should be a much faster, better PC. Back when I had a system working quite well, the threads seemed to indicate more balanced. Now the first thread seems to be doing more work... and none of the threads are close to maxed.

I'd be happy just getting back my old performance. It is like something moved a lot of the work to first thread (before and after the upgraded PC), where it used to indicate work being split more evenly across the cores.

Dunno. I just know I finally looked here and see others had similar problem with 1.3.903 update. Gotta be something.

I would gladly upgrade to local Server edition if I knew it would work.

I know... put in a support ticket.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion
javahut
User Level V
User Level V

Postby cpwade » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:51 am

giancarlo wrote::)

there is an incredible tech now inside, a tech we developed for not-relational databases. Loading speed is beyond logic :)

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you!
cpwade

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula