Login

Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Postby evaderod » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 pm

@seeing sounds
When you purchase server you also get pro, you need both to initially set up server but after that you only need to use the server updates to maintain your setup.

Hope this helps
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby SoundForSoul » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:09 am

All good here too, on Yosemite 10.10.2 with Logic Pro x 10.10.1 . Running stable, but loading the same max number of nebula instances as before.
Official Dealer of Acustica Audio Products in Romania. Please contact me at contact@daw.ro for a direct presentantion of how AA products would fit your workflow. http://www.daw.ro/
SoundForSoul
User Level I
User Level I

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Wtf happened to my Nebula, lol. After the update all of my
instances Load faster, CPU is down at least 3 times less and
i am not exaggarating but literary the CPU is 3 times down.
And exactly, wtf happened to my Nebula...i wonder why, lol.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby beingmf3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:26 pm

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:Wtf happened to my Nebula, lol. After the update all of my
instances Load faster, CPU is down at least 3 times less and
i am not exaggarating but literary the CPU is 3 times down.
And exactly, wtf happened to my Nebula...i wonder why, lol.

Haha - yes! It's the BEST thing in Nebulaland that could happen. I admit I used to neglect some (extensive) libraries due to the long loading times, rather picked algo plugins - but now it's far from being a showstopper. Thanks acustica!!!
beingmf3

Postby giancarlo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:30 pm

:)

there is an incredible tech now inside, a tech we developed for not-relational databases. Loading speed is beyond logic :)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby tumburu » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Maybe not really on-topic, but regarding updates: I really feel the need of having more useful input/output values on the respective knobs.

I know the trim knob would not be implemented in the current Nebula version (which is too bad), but maybe we could get an option in the menu to specify the min/max values of the in/out knobs which SHOULD be +/-18dB, I mean, the -192 is completely useless (who on earth needs that?) and the +6 is obviously too little to compensate in most cases. I'm a bit tired of using gain plugins all the time for Nebula... Same for the in/out values of most Aqua stuff, hard to use easily/properly, those values are simply not right.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:24 am

I wish Nebula had correct Metering system something that complies
with current Standards and Meters that we use, it will be a Dream come true.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby XanomalieX » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:01 am

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:I wish Nebula had correct Metering system something that complies

+ + + !!
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby mtalavera » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:36 pm

I'm no metering expert, and I only ever use one of the I think eight possible metering setting, number 7 VU, and I have no doubt that there could be more options available that would make metering more useful in Nebula.

I also think the metering may depend on what skin you are using. I use Klanghelm VUTM, and when I put that before a Nebula instance using a particular skin, the metering seems to be working very similar. I do know that for some skins, too, the metering is worthless and doesn't work at all.

For examples of skins I have found that work, the VU Style Black skin, found here seems very close to VUTM in VU mode:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28508

or any of the many skins here (I haven't tried them all):

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28661

This is one of my favorites (SNOW Skin):
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28514

They work very closely when I compare them with VUTM. Now that being said, VUTM has many more features since its sole purpose is for metering, so it is not exact. But newer skins have much more useful and accurate metering.
mtalavera

Postby mightymosaic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:36 am

basaristudios@gmail.com wrote:I wish Nebula had correct Metering system something that complies

Its funny cause I used to say the exact same thing, but after awhile I got used to it and with getting used to it I learned a very important lesson in the audio world and that is learn to trust and use your ears. I don't even pay attention to metering anymore , if something sounds too driven I turn down the input if something needs more color I crank the drive up. Its actually kinda liberating lol
mightymosaic

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula