Login

Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula version 1.3.903 released

Postby flipnaut » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:57 pm

giancarlo wrote:
flipnaut wrote:Hallo G.,

by the way: the concept of neb4 sounds very much "vmr-slateish". I like that concept (but not the lush sound)

vmr was announced way later we described nebula4, I'm sorry
First description comes from 2011. Anyway there were no money at that time.
Same concept for 3rd party devs

Yes i know G.... perhaps your description gave the idea for them... who knows :) I just remember there was a strange story around VCC and Nebula hehe...

Nebula 4 will get so awesome... i am so gasing about it. I am so excited what the hell the 3rd party and AA will blow out with the new tech... I hope Black Comp with Tim will give a first feeling. Nice that he will develop it together with AA. I really like it...
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby theheliosequence » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Support wrote:In Nebula 1,2,3 customer are able to upgrade the product and load old session with the new product, this will not happen with Nebula4 for a long list of technical reasons. About purchase options will be a discount for old Nebula products but I can not tell you the price.

So Nebula 4 won't be able to open previous 3rd party libraries?
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
Nebula 3 Server, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple Bundle, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby sontrinh » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:01 am

theheliosequence wrote:
Support wrote:In Nebula 1,2,3 customer are able to upgrade the product and load old session with the new product, this will not happen with Nebula4 for a long list of technical reasons. About purchase options will be a discount for old Nebula products but I can not tell you the price.

So Nebula 4 won't be able to open previous 3rd party libraries?

I think what he means is that Nebula 4 is not backwards compatible with Nebula 3

but the libraries still old open Nebula 4.. you will just need to replace all Neb 1-3 with new instances of Nebula 4
sontrinh
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Support » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:31 am

Nebula 4 won't be able to open previous 3rd party libraries?

No correct.

I think what he means is that Nebula 4 is not backwards compatible with Nebula 3

but the libraries still old open Nebula 4.. you will just need to replace all Neb 1-3 with new instances of Nebula 4

Correct.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:48 pm

So say for example you had an old project using Neb 3 on a track - to 'convert' it you would open an instance of Neb 4 and load the particular old Neb library and try to duplicate the settings in the Neb 4 instance / or copy&paste the settings from the Neb 3 instance?

I gather the planned advantages to Neb 4 will be improved operation, sonics, CPU usage?
RE301

Postby XanomalieX » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Support wrote:
Nebula 4 won't be able to open previous 3rd party libraries?

No correct.

Correct.

will there be any benefit to remove all nebula3 plugin instances from a session and replace them with nebula4 and load the old libraries?
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Support » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:47 am

So say for example you had an old project using Neb 3 on a track - to 'convert' it you would open an instance of Neb 4 and load the particular old Neb library and try to duplicate the settings in the Neb 4 instance

Correct.

I gather the planned advantages to Neb 4 will be improved operation, sonics, CPU usage?

They will be announced at the right time.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula