Login

Is there an easier way to switch to TIMED?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Is there an easier way to switch to TIMED?

Postby seeing sounds » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:52 pm

After working with Nebula for a few years now it's been really stable for me so I've decided to experiment a little and switched to TIMED to see how it sounds. I bounced a session which had been mixed with the default FREQD settings and then switched to TIMED. There's a noticeable difference to me in the EQ's. It sounds better to me but TIMED is way too much for my CPU to handle so I figure I could mix in FREQD and then switch to TIMED when I'm ready to bounce the sessions. However, this is tedious.

So, do I have to change from FREQD to TIMED in every single instance of Nebula or is there an easier way like changing something in the xml file?
seeing sounds
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Is there an easier way to switch to TIMED?

Postby ianc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 am

the xml won't help here as this info is part of individual presets
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Support » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Not automatic way or master page tag for that configuration.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Support wrote:Not automatic way or master page tag for that configuration.

@ support:
Just out of curiosity - will this feature be implemented in some sort of way in Nebula 4?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Support » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:24 am

It is not in our plans due your are rendering your work with a setup of parameters that can't be monitored in real time.

If you feel this feature is an critical and strategic for your work, request it to sales department, but our point of view is, build a new computer with more CPU core, there are now 72 core CPU computers available in the market.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby seeing sounds » Sat May 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Well, what I do now is create a new plugin from the library with nebula setups and tweak the parameter to 50ms, so whenever I use that plugin, when I'm ready to bounce, I just gotta click the arrows to timed. It makes the process way less tedious, especially since I only use timed for eq's.

I don't notice a difference using timed for consoles or compressors, stuff like that, might even make it worse. But for eq's, it's like night and day. If you want to know the difference between analog and digital, bounce a song in freqd and then switch your eq's to 50ms timed bounce that and compare.
seeing sounds
User Level II
User Level II

Return to Working with Nebula