Nebula Mac libraries usable on PC?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula Mac libraries usable on PC?

Postby NGC2359 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:08 am

Hello, it's my first post here. Sorry I couldn't think of a more descriptive title. It's a little complicated to put all in one line.

I bought a used copy of Nebula 3 Pro last year. It took many months to arrive to the U.S. from Europe. I wanted a physical copy so I wouldn't use up my monthly internet bandwidth downloading it (I have more bandwidth now).

So the person who sold it to me put their included libraries on (3) DVD discs. They used a Mac app called Roxio Restore to create spanned discs. I'm supposed to run this app to decompress the spanned discs back into Nebula libraries.

My PC actually runs the Roxio app, but it cannot read the disc due to an error in the program (I Googled it). It has something to do with slashes instead of underscores in the file names, I don't know.

Anyway, so my question is, if I run the Roxio app on a Mac and decompress the libraries to a FAT32 formatted thumb drive, will the libraries be usable to Nebula on my Win7 PC?

User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nebula Mac libraries usable on PC?

Postby mathias » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:21 am

yes, the libraries are platform independent.
you just need to import them into the correct directory, where the plugin will find them.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Working with Nebula