Login

Best way to upgrade please?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Best way to upgrade please?

Postby neilwilkes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Sorry about the dumb question, but I just do not have enough hours in the day to experiment right now.....
I just bought my upgrade to Nebula3/Nat3 pro editions, and know full well I will need to reactivate/reauthorize.

I cannot remember how to do this, and what I need to do and back up first.
Can someone please tell me what the best workflow will be to minimize downtime?

Many Thanks
neilwilkes
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Best way to upgrade please?

Postby giancarlo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 pm

un upgrade doesn't need to be authorized! Just install it, choosing the right folders (same folders as before). I recommend to backup your vstplugins/acustica folder. If something goes wrong you could revert back to the previous version easily
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Grim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm

This sounds like an upgrade from another version rather than an update...wouldn't this require a new ser/aut file?
Grim

Postby neilwilkes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:40 pm

It is precisely because of conflicting advice like this that this remains uninstalled.
I still do not even know what to download, never mind how to prevent losing any of the commercial libraries I have bought.

Could really use some detailed help here - I have a window available to get the upgrade installed, but need help. It has to work first time - I do not have the time to mess around reauthorizing (last time it took a week to get Nebula 2 authorized) so I am reluctant to take a chance.

My UserArea is not much help - I thought there would be a link to the latest version of what I bought, but all it says is "Upgrade to Nebula3Pro Bundle".

So.
1 - What do I download?
2 - How do I install it?
3 - Does it need reauthorizing?
4 - If "Yes" to 3 above, how long will this take?
neilwilkes
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby neilwilkes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:44 pm

giancarlo wrote:un upgrade doesn't need to be authorized! Just install it, choosing the right folders (same folders as before). I recommend to backup your vstplugins/acustica folder. If something goes wrong you could revert back to the previous version easily

So I download the Upgrade package then?
Potential problem here as my dll files are not in the default location, either.......
WHat do I need to download, and how do I install it please???
neilwilkes
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Grim » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:03 pm

neilwilkes wrote:My UserArea is not much help - I thought there would be a link to the latest version of what I bought, but all it says is "Upgrade to Nebula3Pro Bundle".

Just to check you are in the right area: From here (the forum), select either of the User Area options, then go back to the User area drop-down a 2nd time & "My Downloads" should be there. Neb Pro 3 bundle should be in there.

neilwilkes wrote:It is precisely because of conflicting advice like this that this remains uninstalled.

:? My post was worded as a query, not as advice & I'm just a forum user trying to help out. Maybe the fact you can't find the installer download may be playing some part in your non-installation as well as my terrible conflicting advice ;)
So you can ignore me and take Giancarlo's advice & d/l & run Neb 3Pro bundle upgrade which should use your current authorisation.
Do back up the acustica dll folder first...I just copy it to desktop. I'm assuming you know which folder this is...might be a vstplugins folder but depends on your DAW & your own preference.
Then run install & point to the same install folder (the original not the copy)& the same Nebtemp repository & you should be fine.

If for some reason you have lost authorisation,(some presets show INIT) then you will have to send in ser file for a new aut file but if you need to work in the meantime just swap the back up dll folder with the active one & you'll be back to your 3 non pro version. Once you get the aut file (which will be pretty quick) swap folders back install the aut file & you're done.
Grim

Postby giancarlo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 pm

if you upgrade from nebula3, it's just an "upgrade". Download upgrade nebula3 1.3.413, that's all
From nebula2 it's a different matter, because nebula2 is a different product. YOu should install a setup nebula3 version, than the upgrades. I suggest to select a different nebulatemprepository because LICENSE KEY IS NOT COMPATIBLE between nebula2 and nebula3, and it's named in the same way (INIT.N2P). Anyway there is a workaround if you really really need to access the same nebula library, I dropped an email to you.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby indravayu » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 pm

giancarlo wrote:if you upgrade from nebula3, it's just an "upgrade". Download upgrade nebula3 1.3.413, that's all
From nebula2 it's a different matter, because nebula2 is a different product. YOu should install a setup nebula3 version, than the upgrades. I suggest to select a different nebulatemprepository because LICENSE KEY IS NOT COMPATIBLE between nebula2 and nebula3, and it's named in the same way (INIT.N2P). Anyway there is a workaround if you really really need to access the same nebula library, I dropped an email to you.

If I may offer some semantic advice, it would be better if the latest revisions were labeled "updates" and not "upgrades", as "upgrades" implies something a little different, at least it does to me (for example, if I was using the free version of Nebula and then bought the Pro, I would expect to download a file called "upgrade", as I am upgrading to the paid version, but once I have the Pro version installed and want to download the latest revision of it, I would expect to look for a file called "update").
SYSTEM:
MB: Intel DP35DP
RAM: 8GB
DAW: Sonar Producer 64bit
indravayu
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:14 am

well ... he does sound reasonable. :)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula