Nebula crashes Reaper (and does not generate the file .ser)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula crashes Reaper (and does not generate the file .ser)

Postby kikazaru » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:33 pm

I followed the instructions for installation, and then installed Nebula Pro 1.3.602 Setup as "administrator", but I always have the same problem....
1) Nebula does not generate any file .ser in "nebulatemprepository";
2) when I open Nebula (or a document that contains it as a plugin), Reaper crashes ...
on the skin of Nebula I see this
"Acoustics Loader ver 1.3.602
1 - Debug Level: 0
2 - Master Ok (Nebula 3 reverb.xml)
3 - Rom Memory ok (Rom.xml)
4 - Program Manager Ok
5 - Supported SSE2
6 - Convolver Engine Ok
7 - Graphics Ok "

then crashes, and windows detects files that contribute to the problem:

C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WEREDF.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WER275F.tmp.appcompat.txt
C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WER278F.tmp.hdmp

P.S. my pc : CPU i7 5820K 3.9GHz; 32Gb RAM; SSD 256Gb; AMD Radeon R7 DDR5
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Nebula crashes Reaper (and does not generate the file .s

Postby mtalavera » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:31 pm

First question is why are you installing version 1.3.602? The latest version is 1.3.846, so .602 is very old. I would run the setup for 1.3.846 first and see if that helps with anything.

Also, I haven't run the Nebula setup in quite a while and don't remember if the .ser files appears in nebulatemprepository or in your VST directory, where all the VST dll files are located. I do remember that all the Acqua plugins .ser file is not in nebulatemprepository, it is in the directory with the dll files. Did you check in your VST directory that Reaper is referencing to see if the .ser file is there?

Postby jorismak » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:51 am

Use the ticket system (customer area / dashboard / get support in the top menu) to contact Acustica with these kinds of problems. It'll be much quicker to get you up and running that way :).

That being said, are you running Reaper as administrator? Installing as admin isn't that important (windows does it automatically for anything with 'setup' in the name :)), but you need to run Reaper as admin to give Reaper access to the nebulatemprepository. Remember, A VST (Nebula) is running inside Reaper, so it is Reaper that needs to proper access rights to write and read on your drive. This is (unfortunately) a common Windows thing people must get to grips with these days.

The files you listed are not files 'detected as contributing to the problem', but it are files _written_ by Windows to give extra information about the crash. 'WER' stands for Windows Error Reporting.

Still, this doesn't explain the crash really. So back to basics: Contact support, but in the mean time: Give some more information please. Windows version, x86 or x64? Reaper version, x86 or x64? Nebula 1.3.602 apparently, Pro? Normal? Free? x86 or x64? Why 1.3.602?

Postby Support » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:28 am

No at bug, you are installing Nebula in a write protected folder and running Reaper without real administrative rights. You OS is crash the Reaper to protect your account to Nebula write serial file in NebulaTempRepository folder.

Please, submit a support ticket for further information.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support

Return to Working with Nebula