Login

Installation problems?? Ha!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Installation problems?? Ha!

Postby richie43 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:20 am

I am about 90% into setting up a new DAW. You know what that means....lots and lots of installing and authorizing of plugins and other software. I read on this forum (and a few others, like GearSlutz)about what a pain in the butt this software is. Guess what? The first and easiest installations and authorizations I have had are all of the Nebula and Acqua related software! I have an ungodly huge collection from this company, and it took me maybe 5% of the time compared to everything else...I have plugins that may never get authorized due to developers not answering emails....So be thankful that Acustica stays progressive and is looking out for our experience and giving us a super high quality product. Yay for them, yay for us.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Re: Installation problems?? Ha!

Postby Mauri » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:15 am

Cool, I'll be building a monster machine in the next few months and also have shiploads of software to reinstall, and authorise, not really looking forward to that!

BTW, and if you don't mind, what sort of DAW do you now run? I'm still researching components for my new machine, any info would be great :)!

Cheers,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby tumburu » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:11 pm

The authorization system is really good and quick. Thumbs up for that!
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby SWANG » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:28 pm

this thread is very reassuring. i'm currently setting up a new system for myself and have been putting off migrating nebula and acqua plugs. now i'm actually looking forward to it... :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:51 pm

The new authorization process has been a great improvement.

One thing I wonder, though ...

The list of licenses on our customer page ... if switching to a new computer, all posted licenses would be void as new serials would be posted.

Is there a procedure in place to clear out all the old [void] licenses so as to start a clean list with the new computer :?:

Just thinking ahead to the eventual 'new computer' build :|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Would be lovely to have this option the way Spectrasonics and Native Instruments have.

Right now it seems the only option is to request the new licences by submiting a ticket.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:34 am

Mauri wrote:Cool, I'll be building a monster machine in the next few months and also have shiploads of software to reinstall, and authorise, not really looking forward to that!

BTW, and if you don't mind, what sort of DAW do you now run? I'm still researching components for my new machine, any info would be great :)!

Cheers,

Mauri.

Probably not what you want to hear.....
But I have built a few computers, but over the years I have been paying attention to the folks that build audio/media specific computers and had decided long before I could afford one who I would buy from (If I chose to not build my own...). These guys....
http://www.studiocat.com/open_cart/inde ... ommon/home
I actually only spent probably an extra $200 USD this way, and got a super rock-solid ready to go monster DAW. Check them out...Jim Roseberry is the best, really friendly, and he even called me the day it arrived to ask if I had any questions....Great customer support. I got it 2 days ago and am already in the middle of a project, and I will say that my Nebula/Acqua capacity probably quadrupled. I can track with insane low latency.... But the gist of this thread is about how surprisingly simple it was for me to install, import, and authorize this embarrassingly large Nebula/Acqua collection. Thanks Acustica.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula