Login

Categories renaming in NAT

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Categories renaming in NAT

Postby Grim » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Have been trying to organise my libraries better within the preset menu by renaming, recatorising etc using NAT

I found that there were presets I kept overlooking because of their placement in the list or even because I forget what they were because of their non-descriptive naming!

Now,not sure if I am missing something or if this isn't possible, but is there any way to edit a list of programs imported to NAT without having to edit every entry individually?
I thought maybe the export csv would allow me to edit externally so I could use a decent editor's replace functions etc, but I can't see any way to make this work.

Has anyone been able to do this or know another way to achieve the same thing.

Thanks.
Grim.
Grim

Re: Categories renaming in NAT

Postby mathias » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:52 pm

i was suggesting this long time ago, but it is still one by one.
i trained a habit of copy and paste, while going through the list, but it is really a pain, with big librarys :roll:

i don't know if there is a solution planned ....

giancarlo?

in the meantime, click your way through :lol:

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 am

Thanks for letting me know.....this is going to take some time then!!
Grim

Postby Definity » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 am

no there isnt apprently it is imposible, or really hard, i asked ginacarlo about this a while ago. I cam up witht he soulution of having presets in folder and how nebula was laid out would be in how you laid out the folders but it wouldnt work. so im afriad it wont work atm guys
Definity

Postby elam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:10 am

Same here.I did that when I purchased Nebula.Each and everyone manually.The good thing is that you learn what you got (commercial library).I organized it by brand and gear model. That's the way I like to work.

The second "good thing" is that Giancarlo made some improvements in Nat text editing.As Mathias said it's easier now on the copy/paste/type than it used to be.

But yo,it's still a pain in the ass...

But less than having to deal with calibration,slicing tape,soldering,carrying amps and shit.So good luck (do it step by step,take your time).

Positive thing: It can be worse...you can be on MAC. ;)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:46 pm

there is a tool for that from zab
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mathias » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:47 am

which one exactly, to configure the categories of programs all together in a list style or similar approach?

i only know of creating and configuring nebulas with specific library contents, but would gladly learn, if i overlooked some tool :D

mathias

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 am

i went through the tools of zabukowski, but i don't find one, were i can read and change all categories and !subcategories easy and fast.

what i would need (and gladly pay for) is a tool, were i can see all my programs at once (this exists from zab) and then mark a bunch of programs and define a categorie !and subcategorie 1 and 2 for them.
it seems so easy, but i don't know of such.

the list in nat is perfect, but does not give me the option to mark more than one cat-field and edit the name for the marked ones in one go. this is the only thing that is missing for me.
maybe it is not hard to implement, i don't know,
but this would do the trick.

again, if someone knows better, please let me know.

mathias

mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:44 am

I also tried all the tools & useful though they are, none of them address this specific task.

I actually decided to go back to multiple instances in the end combined with a little less NAT editing & am fairly happy with what I have.

Took me a fair while to work out why I couldn't get Neb Consoles to show in Cubase but finally realised it was not possible to have instances named Nebula Compressors & Nebula Consoles at once....must be something to do with the first 8 characters of the names making them seen as the same.
I changed Compressors to Dynamics & all good.

Thanks to Zab's NebSetups this was a lot easier than when I manually created them a few years back with individual program & vector folders for every instance.
Grim

Postby giancarlo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:36 am

ok I'll try to do it
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Working with Nebula