Login

How to use CUDA?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: How to use CUDA?

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:30 pm

jorismak wrote:uninstall the Cuda bridge I think.

In my nebula repository there are a few (or one) cudartxxxxx.dll files. Delete them / move them out of the way?

I couldn't find the 'cuda bridge' to un-install :|

As for 'cudart...dll' files ... I only have 2 listed on my C drive. both or in C:\CUDA\ folder 'bin' and 'lib'.
There are none in my repository [WinXP-32].
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:10 pm

UPDATE !

Following the install description from AA, I've successfully installed/upgraded to CUDA v:6.

Even though I've no plan to use CUDA with Nebula, one of my graphics' radiosity programs uses cuda.

Running 'Wheres my cuda' found what it needed :mrgreen:

I did run DAW and placed an Acqua plugin insert, and it loaded without error :D

I think I have my old system back running. The only outstanding issue is Net.FrameWork 1.1 SP1 that still fails to update :roll:

oh well.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jorismak » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 am

You still have something that requires 1.x? Most of the stuff I know of is 2.0+.

DotNet 2.0 and up is 'the same thing', as in, DotNet framework 3.5 is a replacement for 2.0... but 1.1 is still it's old same self, and if a program requires 1.x, you need to install it even if you have 2.0 or higher already installed.

That being said, the installer had issues thinking it doesn't need to install / update since it sees a higher dotnet framework already installed. The official microsoft way to fix this issue is to manually uninstall all DotNet frameworks you have installed, and then manually install the two latest you need (1.1 and the real latest, which is 4.x by now?).

They even have a 'cleanup' utility to fix this mess: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/ ... 06671.aspx

I hope this helps
jorismak

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Wow ... thanks jorismak !!

honestly, I haven't a clue about any of these Net.Frame versions ... other than Windows adding these during upgrades :oops:

I'll be looking closer at the blog 'Removal tool to fix .NET Framework install failures' link too.

Might have questions to follow ... still on 1st cup of java.

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula