Login

Nebula = past!?! Future = Aqua?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula = past!?! Future = Aqua?

Postby XanomalieX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:22 pm

And from a business standpoint it makes no sense at all, to go on with Nebula, if an Acqua Magenta EQ costs about the same as Nebula Pro.
Every Customer needs just one Nebula Plugin, and acoustica audio won't benefit from all the 3rd party libraries, but one customer could buy a lot of Acqua Plugins instead and not just one Nebula.

I'm completely happy, that after a long time with nearly no movement at all, now a little company that does built really great stuff, is rising and I understand, that you have to do your living, but I have the fear that stupid money making tactis, similar to Waves Update Plan, or UADs "we realease an old native plugin for more money, so you can open just 8 of them instead of 100 on your CPU", are coming here too.

Giving more features to the Nebula Server Version, was right, because it's the biggest product and deserves the most features, but we are not stupid, it was a good move to make us upgrading our Nebula Pro Versions to Server.
The 50€ are fair and I'm fine with it, but it seems like Acoutica Audio is searching for ways to make more money and that's what a company is about, so I hope you guys will be making lots of money through this great plugin!!
But just understand this as a reminder from a big fan of your work, so you don't go the strange ways, the big Players are going and keep your business ideas as transparent as possible for your customers.
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby ianc » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:56 am

Nebula4 makes sense to me, the old library's will continue to benefits from improvements if its easier to use and the newer engine improves the sound. 3rd party developers can make cheaper librarys for nebula4 without being acqua(your not paying for the acqua part if you don't need it or the library doesn't need it because neb4 can do a similar job and the developer may not want to expand and pay the costs of developing acqua and just concentrate on their sampling)
No one can lose, non geeks get access to the highest quality plugins they can use like their algo's, and us tweakers get to tweak with a bit more sophistication, better behaviour and ease of use, more complex products are possible and old library's are not just useful but revitalized and maybe quite well enhanced for a small fee if the developer decides to rerelease a updated version.
And I'm sure Captain Jean luc Giancarlo will do his best to "Make it so"
Last edited by ianc on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby chand » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:40 am

The Auqa Plugins are great, make completely sense and the price is right for an „standalone“ Plugin, compared to the other publishers. But right now I don't buy any of them, because I'm not shure what it's all about
chand
chand
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby XanomalieX » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:39 pm

ianc wrote:No one can lose, non geeks get access to the highest quality plugins they can use like their algo's, and us tweakers get to tweak with a bit more sophistication, better behaviour and ease of use, more complex products are possible and old library's are not just useful but revitalized and maybe quite well enhanced for a small fee if the developer decides to rerelease a updated version.

I would prefer to see the Auqa Plugins as non Standalone - Nebula 4 Libraries for less money because I need to buy Nebula 4 to run them.
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby ianc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:04 pm

something you will have to ask Giancarlo about, some will already run in just nebula, but not sure if all will be possible to run in nebula4, it will be a Acustica decision obviously but that won't mean other 3rd party developers won't be able to make plenty of great library's to just make use of the new nebula4 platform, so I think all bases are covered. They will probably want to make a good library available to match the capabilities of nebula 4 so, we should be hopeful at least.
Last edited by ianc on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:05 pm

we are planning 2015 and also features/policies available to 3rd party developers for nebula4. The future is bright!
we'll keep you updated.

There are several points which are fixed ones.
- nebula4 will run acqua plugins
- nebula4 will run existing nebula3 libraries
- nebula4 will run skinned nebula3 acustica commercial library

also

- nebula4 will run skinned 3rd party developer libraries, but details are under internal planning. How much they will be skinnable and featuring all actual multi-instance functionalities is to be defined. In the long run I would say "everything", in the short run I would say "something" for sure.

about acqua plugins, we'll keep you updated. At the moment acqua plugins are a way for producing highest quality libraries/products and for sustain developement costs for acustica, this is their main purpose.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:43 pm

cool. For sure I look fwd to Nebula 4 because I would love to create my own multi band EQ using my favorite different programs...or perhaps a tasty dual compressor using 2 Tim P comps in series etc...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula