Login

Nebula = past!?! Future = Aqua?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula = past!?! Future = Aqua?

Postby XanomalieX » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:43 pm

I'm a little confused right now where Nebula is going?
I don't even expect the promised Nebula 4 release for Q4 2014.

The Auqa Plugins are great, make completely sense and the price is right for an „standalone“ Plugin, compared to the other publishers. But right now I don't buy any of them, because I'm not shure what it's all about.

Will the current Aqua Plugins be the new Libraries for Nebula 4?
Because, then Nebula 4 makes no sense at all! The Auqa-Plugins are running by themselfes there is no need to buy a new Nebula Version!

Or will there be Nebula4 Libraries, of the released Auqa Plugins, for less money, because you also need to buy Nebula 4 to use it?

If there would have never been a nebula plugin, I would buy the Aqua Plugins and see them as great sounding plugins, based on a genius technic. But right now I was waiting for the new version of my favorit plugin and instead they want me to buy higher priced standalone versions, even if I don't need the standalone feature,... or I thought I wouldn't need it as an future Nebula 4 user.

All my Mixes are heavily based on nebula 3 and I would love to use Nebula 4 with it promised features, but right now I'll be waiting to see if nebula was just the grandfather of the Auqa Plugins.

Or can yout put some light on the future of Nebula?
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: Nebula = past!?! Future = Aqua?

Postby himhui » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:43 pm

I am a not a insider but I don't think Nebula 4 is going to die cause, as i read on the forum, Neb 4 will load more than one preset in the future, we can still use certain combination of eq, pre, console or tape and etc. in a comparative low cost than that of what acqua does.

IMO there could be two different markets or a mixed market, people may purchase either one according to their own budget or personal decision to choose which one or even both the tools to fulfill purpose. It makes sense to load preamp, console and tape in nebula at present (or even in the future) in terms of cost and practice...
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:19 pm

himhui wrote:I am a not a insider but I don't think Nebula 4 is going to die cause, as i read on the forum, Neb 4 will load more than one preset in the future, we can still use certain combination of eq, pre, console or tape and etc. in a comparative low cost than that of what acqua does.

IMO there could be two different markets or a mixed market, people may purchase either one according to their own budget or personal decision to choose which one or even both the tools to fulfill purpose. It makes sense to load preamp, console and tape in nebula at present (or even in the future) in terms of cost and practice...

I would agree that Nebula is not the past, and Nebula 4 has been delayed as has been reported due to Acustica crew focusing their efforts on the new Acqua line, which I think is great. Some features of Nebula 4 are already being offered in the Server version to my understanding.

We have seen two new EQ libraries released just in the last few days, so 3rd Party developers are still playing a huge role in Nebula. I think it is exciting to have both possibilities and am excited to see what 3rd party developers do in the future as Nebula continues to improve what is already an amazing product. Nebula completely changed my workflow and sound quality when I made the leap of faith a year and a half ago. There is no going back for me.
mtalavera

Postby giancarlo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 pm

acqua plugins are skinned libraries for nebula4 engine.
They work as standalone plugins too, so they are the best investment of all the time.
An acqua plugin is forever: like our 30.000+ program emulations and our 600+ libraries, our company is based on the simple concept of backward compatibility.

Acqua is also the engine on which nebula is based. Acqua is an italian word and it means "water".
We are going to start a new engine, code name Aria. Aria is an italian word and it means "air". Then name says everything.
Don't ask me more, we'll dislose new details on the beginning of next year.
Stay tuned, acustica will surprise you, as usually.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jkervin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 am

giancarlo wrote:acqua plugins are skinned libraries for nebula4 engine.
They work as standalone plugins too, so they are the best investment of all the time.
An acqua plugin is forever: like our 30.000+ program emulations and our 600+ libraries, our company is based on the simple concept of backward compatibility.

Acqua is also the engine on which nebula is based. Acqua is an italian word and it means "water".
We are going to start a new engine, code name Aria. Aria is an italian word and it means "air". Then name says everything.

I would like to comment on how exciting this is to me, but I have to go change my underwear first.
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jkervin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 am

I would like to comment on how exciting this is to me, but I have to go change my underwear first.
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby XanomalieX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:26 pm

I'm excited to read what the Aria Engines new features are!!!
but:
They work as standalone plugins too,...

means I don't have any reason to buy Nebula4, beause I don't need it to run the new libraries, with multiple instances and nice skins...
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Support » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 pm

I don't have any reason to buy Nebula4

Compressors need several instances of Nebula linked. Correct behavior can be address only in Nebula4 (multiload feature of CORE5) or in Acqua Effects compressors.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby XanomalieX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Support wrote:...or in Acqua Effects compressors.

so I don't need Nebula 4, to run the new libraries, because:

Guys I love your products and I hope you surprice me as usually ;)
, but as I said before, I'm confused right now.
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby giancarlo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:01 pm

running libraries inside nebula gives more options
- you have access to 30000 emulations, non only skinned ones - but also basic ones will be skinned in several way
- even acqua plugins inside nebula work in a better way, ie you could tweak internal instances

nebula today is a good investment
acqua today is a good investment

movig from nebula3 to nebula4 will be maybe a good investment, let's wait, you'll decide by yourself.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Working with Nebula