Login

Resample .N2V files?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Resample .N2V files?

Postby saddle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:49 pm

I was wondering if it's possible to resample nebula libraries using something like SoX? I realize that Nebula resamples on the fly, but I was wondering if SoX might do a better job, and if nothing else, lessen the CPU demand on the system.

Most of my libraries are at 96k. Some at 44.1. Would it even help to do what I'm suggesting? I normally work at 96k, but I've found that doing OTB summing with 16 tracks, that my interface won't hold at 96k, so I'm using 48k a lot. Thought it might help to have them converted ahead of time.

Thanks
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Reaper 5
saddle
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Resample .N2V files?

Postby Support » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Not possible. Also vectorial kernels are not audio files.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby saddle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks for the fast reply!

Is Nebula internal resampling anything to be concerned about? Using a 96k sample at 48k, or a 44.1 at 48?

T
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Reaper 5
saddle
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Support » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:50 pm

saddle wrote:Thanks for the fast reply!

Is Nebula internal resampling anything to be concerned about? Using a 96k sample at 48k, or a 44.1 at 48?

T

72 CPU core computer will be available soon, 96 kHz issues will be a problem from past.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby jorismak » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am

The resampling in Nebula is quite good if not very good. And don't forget, it's applied on the vectors of the program, not on your whole audio signal.

And (somebody correct me if wrong) Nebula resamples the programs _while loading_. So it doesn't cost extra CPU while using it, only while loading Nebula.
jorismak

Postby saddle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:22 pm

The resampling in Nebula is quite good if not very good. And don't forget, it's applied on the vectors of the program, not on your whole audio signal.

And (somebody correct me if wrong) Nebula resamples the programs _while loading_. So it doesn't cost extra CPU while using it, only while loading Nebula.

I believe you are correct about the resampling on loading. Can you explain further about resampling the vectors, not the audio? That's a new point to me.

Thanks
Greg
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Reaper 5
saddle
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 pm

jorismak wrote:The resampling in Nebula is quite good if not very good. And don't forget, it's applied on the vectors of the program, not on your whole audio signal.

yes while loading. Only a developer can resample really. Files are obfuscated and encrypted, there is a copyright reason on it
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jorismak » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:34 pm

saddle wrote:Can you explain further about resampling the vectors, not the audio? That's a new point to me.

Well, it's more a feeling I have :P.
Now that I think about it, it might not have any difference.. but let me try to explain anyway:

See it this way, you have your original audio, untouched, and an effect is applied to it (Nebula in this case).

Nebula resamples its effect (the vectors of the Nebula program) and applies that to your - untouched - audio signal.

It's not that your whole audio is resampled.

For instance, if you're working at 44.1K, and you use a 96K nebula program:

I assume that the 96K gets resampled to 44.1K, and then applied to your audio.
I assume it's NOT the case, that your audio gets upsampled to 96K, nebula applied, and then back resampled to 44.1K... that would be...a waste I guess :).
jorismak

Postby giancarlo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:09 am

a vector is a collection of audio data. All files are resampled at loading time, at once.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Working with Nebula