Login

alternative data path help ssd/hdd etc

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: alternative data path help ssd/hdd etc

Postby Scottf » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Copy/paste between simple text files is available in all OS X OSs.

thats a fairly obvious solution-I did not think of : (

old mid 2007 imac, no thunderbolt..& as far as my innocent eyes can tell perhaps not......."sata" connectable-> but I havnt looked properly at this aspect, just trying to get my head around.

I think you have answered very well now at this stage, so thanku!

it was hard to grasp, u could say Im a plug and play type guy : (

very last detail I must query..say iff I have a lovely SSd....
(for nebula librarys!) will nebula go beserk, or read issues..
if this SSD is not ALWAYS connected...
what happens if you disconnect it for some time,> does that screw the complete alternative data path edit adjustment or is it simple a case of connect SSD whilst using nebula>can you give last bit of info re^above and then I may be ready ; P
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Hi, Scott! Welcome to the beautiful world of Nebula, where you eventually become a geek, whether you want or not...! At least pre-Acqua time, where there was only Nebula :D

As you can see from my signature, I'm on PC, but I reckon the basic stuff is the same on Mac:

From my reading and experimenting with Nebula there is one very important concept to grasp/undertand and that's the relationship between the plugin (.dll) and the .xml file. They work together as a team, meaning the .dll-file reads the "instructions"/tweaks/etc from the .xml file and act based on the different parameters.

Now to your question:
very last detail I must query..say iff I have a lovely SSd....
(for nebula librarys!) will nebula go beserk, or read issues..
if this SSD is not ALWAYS connected...
what happens if you disconnect it for some time,> does that screw the complete alternative data path edit adjustment or is it simple a case of connect SSD whilst using nebula>can you give last bit of info re^above and then I may be ready ; P

- Nope, I don't think Nebula will go bersherk. I can't test with a Mac, but the .dll (Nebula Reverb.dll on PC) will only read the .xml file, and if your datapath points to your SSD then it will load your libraries if the disk is present, if it's not, your libraries will not load. Simple as that!

- That said: Working with Nebula means you have to do some tests on your own to figure out things - at least that's my experience. Tutorials are scarce, but check out David1103's webpage where you can learn all there is to learn about Nebula, or you can use countless of hours to read and search this forum as others have done... :D

Good luck!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Scottf » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:26 pm

hey thanks for the assitance, ya I agree with countless hours, its too hard to wade through the forum, Im always distracted and go off course by something else.. I find it quite difficult : (

At least Im a little bit wiser about my initial post, so in that regard, forum effective all be it the ins and outs on this software do seem endless. I spotted the online course by the user u mention, Im having a think about that alright as mind boggling piece of software all the same!
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula