So, I'm trying to figure out whether I should update my Neb 3 Pro to Server or just wait for Neb 4? Will I get stuck paying more that way since we're nearing 2015? Or, will there be a way for users (who've been waiting so long for Neb 3 Pro to go x64) to upgrade at a discount?
n4 is still a mirage to horizon. We are trying to go fast but trust what was already released, not something which still needs to be. N3 server is something which is working, released, constantly updated, and a de-facto industry standard. N4 will be maybe our next flagship product, but TB.
giancarlo (or other Acustica staff), can you please run through the full list of notable features and updates to 1.3.811 that will be important to those who are currently on the 32 bit version of Nebula Pro 3 1.3.770 AND who are planning on remaining on the 32 bit version?
kindafishy wrote:.....those who are currently on the 32 bit version of Nebula Pro 3 1.3.770 AND who are planning on remaining on the 32 bit version?
All due respect, but why insist on remaining in 32bit? I am not trying to be insulting, I truly am curious.
None taken, Rich!
When I built my PC, REAPER 64 was not yet stable and I had many plugins that were 32 bit so I went with REAPER 32 at the time. It was and remains stable and I don't see any direct benefit to moving to 64. I do know advantages of 64, but I have not hit any roadblocks in 32, so I don't see any value in spending the time setting up my DAW and reinstalling plugins to use the 64 bit version right now.
That's all. I'm not insisting per se. I don't see that trading my time to do the updates will have any positive impact on anything I do.
I will go to 64 when I get a new machine in a few years or when I hit a roadblock and can't continue in 32.