Login

Dropouts with Bx20e reverb - change Kernels to Clean Only?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Dropouts with Bx20e reverb - change Kernels to Clean Only?

Postby ericzang » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:12 pm

I am running nebula 3 pro reverb x64 v 1.3.742 (couldn't find yet where the latest version number is posted). My xml/mast page are at the defaults. Using Reaper x64. Set my interface latency to max 2048.

I get dropouts, but I found that if I change KERNERLS to "Clean only" then there are no dropouts.

Is this a typical situation and is changing to Clean Only the recommended solution?

Thanks for any insights.
ericzang
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Dropouts with Bx20e reverb - change Kernels to Clean Onl

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi!
I don't think you should mess with kernels etc.
Best advice is this: increase your DSPBUFFERSIZE in the xml file to 4096 or 8192. That solves drop outs/crackling for most cases.

If you have nVidia Graphics card you can run all your reverbs on CUDA - saves a lot of DSP power for your CPU ;)

Good luck!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ericzang » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 am

Thanks! So far that is working (tried it before but didn't realize I should Save or change in the xml!). Went from 512, now at 1024.

Thanks for the cuda reminder. I started the install process but the "where's my cuda" test program from acustica gives error "can't find "cuftt64_60.dll" I haven't found any useful info about this (and can't find where to dl it). I suppose it may be a support ticket issue. I suppose I shouldn't just ignore this?

Anyhow thanks a lot, I'm just starting to get my nebula use going again. Also looking into the TIMED at 50ms approach that was brought up a couple years ago.
ericzang
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Andyyager10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:43 am

I just did the CUDA thing. You need to use v.6.00, not the newest, 6.5. Try that and see if it works.
Andyyager10
User Level II
User Level II

Postby dagovitsj » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:26 pm

ericzang wrote:Thanks! So far that is working (tried it before but didn't realize I should Save or change in the xml!). Went from 512, now at 1024.

Thanks for the cuda reminder. I started the install process but the "where's my cuda" test program from acustica gives error "can't find "cuftt64_60.dll" I haven't found any useful info about this (and can't find where to dl it). I suppose it may be a support ticket issue. I suppose I shouldn't just ignore this?

Anyhow thanks a lot, I'm just starting to get my nebula use going again. Also looking into the TIMED at 50ms approach that was brought up a couple years ago.

- Good to hear!

Remember that a high DSPBUFFERSIZE doesn't slow down your system contrary to what I thought at first. The point with a high DSPBUFFERSIZE in the xml file is that Nebula can process long reverb tails in the most optimal way. That's a very important piece of info that should come with Nebula, but fortunately VNXT has included it in his pdf if I remember correctly?!

Conclusion: If you use EAR or VNXT reverbs with long time, i.e. 2 s or more - you probably get crackling with only 1024 as buffersize. If that's the case raise it to 2048 or 4096 or higher :D

@ CUDA: I did my research 1-2 years ago and got my system working by reading the FAQ and searching on this forum. Haven't updated my CUDA to 6.0 - but thanks for the tip Andyyager10!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ericzang » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Thanks Andy, looks like it is working now with 6.0!

Thanks Dragovits for the clarification, I increased my DSPBUFFER as you suggested.

Do any of you think it is helpful to run shorter things in cuda mode, such as eqs?
ericzang
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Mysterygrimms » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Does anyone know how to get Cuda working without the flashing exclamation mark in OPT FREQD mode within Nebula Pro 3?

I looked at the Cuda faq. I installed AA Cuda bridge 6 (CudaBridge64 1.1.038.rar and updated to version 6 x64) Cuda toolbox version 6 (Not 6.5) and Visual Studio 12 professional.

All I get is a flashing exclamation mark on the Mast page. Also created the Nebula3 CUDA.dll and Nebula3 CUDA.XML

Cpu specs:

Win 7 x64
i7 3820
256 GB SSD
16 GB's ram
Nvidia GTX 760

Thanks in advance for any help. I also filled a support ticket but some of you seem to have got it working, so I figured I'd ask here as well.
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Support » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Mysterygrimms wrote:Does anyone know how to get Cuda working without the flashing exclamation mark in OPT FREQD mode within Nebula Pro 3?

I looked at the Cuda faq. I installed AA Cuda bridge 6 (CudaBridge64 1.1.038.rar and updated to version 6 x64) Cuda toolbox version 6 (Not 6.5) and Visual Studio 12 professional.

All I get is a flashing exclamation mark on the Mast page. Also created the Nebula3 CUDA.dll and Nebula3 CUDA.XML

Cpu specs:

Win 7 x64
i7 3820
256 GB SSD
16 GB's ram
Nvidia GTX 760

Thanks in advance for any help. I also filled a support ticket but some of you seem to have got it working, so I figured I'd ask here as well.

! = some file(s) are mising.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Mysterygrimms » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Support wrote:
Mysterygrimms wrote:Does anyone know how to get Cuda working without the flashing exclamation mark in OPT FREQD mode within Nebula Pro 3?

Cpu specs:

Win 7 x64
i7 3820
256 GB SSD
16 GB's ram
Nvidia GTX 760

! = some file(s) are mising.

Ok. Well can I get a solution?

I can tell you when I ran the CudaBridge64 1.1.038 installer, it asked for the nebula support file folder (Have no idea where this is located on my Windows desktop). Which folder is this exactly?

I pointed it to C:\nebulatemprepository
Then I downloaded version 6 (AACUDABridge x64 6.00.rar) and followed these instructions verbatim

Nvidia CUDA Toolkit and Acustica Audio CUDA Bridge version 6
Instructions for Windows:
1) Install lasted Nvidia drivers.
2) Download and install lasted Nvidia CUDA toolkit v 6.x.
3) Move NeCuBr03.dll from AACUDA bride 6.00 (x64 build) into C:\Windows\System32
4) Move NeCuBr03.dll from AACUDA bride 6.00 (x86 build) into C:\Windows\SysWOW64
5) Run Nebula Reverb, go to MAST page and switch OPT FREQD to CUDA.

Edit: Never mind I uninstalled Cuda Toolkit. Just not worth the trouble. It gave me problems with some other software I use.
Mysterygrimms
User Level III
User Level III

Return to Working with Nebula